Possible New plot solution on obtaining Lakota and Haudenosaunee coins

I have new ideas.

When a new cheap building named Hunting Hut or Hunting Blind is built on top of a mine, the mine cannot be gathered by any player, but this building does not gather coin like Mountain Monastery, but only provides a wide LoS.

Tribal Marketplace, on the other hand, will be changed to be a normal building that can be built anywhere and doesn’t automatically disappear, but will cost more (perhaps around 100 wood) and have a limit (perhaps up to 3). The game starts with a Tribal Marketplace Travois.

Tribal Marketplaces will automatically trickle coin, but initially it is very meager (perhaps around 0.1 per second). As long as the Lakota/Haudenosaunee player has more existing Hunting Hut in the game, the basic trickle rate of Tribal Marketplace will be increased (perhaps around +0.3 per Hunting Hut, up to +1.5). Additionally, tasking Villagers on the Tribal Market can also increases the coin trickle rate (perhaps around +70% per Villager).

The whole mechanic will be similar to Japanese Cherry Orchards and Shrines, however here the “Shrine” (Hunting Hut) does not provide any resource income, while the “Cherry Orchard” (Tribal Marketplace) provides unlimited coin income.

The Lakota/Haudenosaunee players should actively build Hunting Huts, just like the Japanese players are actively building Shrines. Opponents will try to destroy the Hunting Huts on the mines, so the players have to protect as much as possible to maintain the coin income, just like the Japanese players protect Shrines to maintain resource income.

The player’s coin income rate will be slower than that of miners from other civilizations, just like the Japanese berry gatherer will be slower than hunters of other civilizations, but it will also be easier to protect Villagers from raids.

I think this way would be the easiest way to improve without losing cultural sense, without too much work for development, without overcomplicating the mechanics.

1 Like