Post-Porto DLC Poll

Now that we have confirmed we are getting two new Indian region civs (with rework of current Indians), I guess it would be nice to collect a sample of the community’s general view of where AoE2 should hit ground next.

Assuming the current umbrella-breaking could continue elsewhere, please don’t be surprised at some options being ‘redundant’.

Max four choices, because I am seeking the most wanted. Max choices was 50, I hope I included the most known ones, Otherwise I apologise.

• Afghans
  • Albanians
  • Angolans
  • Amazonians (Native American ones)
  • Armenians
  • Austrians
  • Aragonese
  • Basques
  • Bavarians
  • Benin
  • Catalans
  • Chams
  • Chimú
  • Croatians
  • Danes
  • Dutch
  • Finns
  • Filipinos
  • Georgians
  • Ghanese
  • Hausa
  • Inuit
  • Irish
  • Iroquois
  • Jurchen
  • Kanem
  • Kongolese
  • Khazars
  • Livonians
  • Novgorodians
  • Norwegians
  • Nubians
  • Mississippians
  • Polynesians
  • Serbians
  • Songhay
  • Swahili
  • Swedes
  • Swiss
  • Tarascans
  • Thais
  • Tibetans
  • Tlaxcaltecs
  • Uyghurs
  • Valencians
  • Vandals
  • Venetians
  • Vlachs
  • Zapotecs
  • Zimbabweans

0 voters

Extras, could not be included in above poll due to limit.

• Assamese
  • Javanese
  • Kannadigas
  • Khitans
  • Mapuche
  • Mixtecs
  • Mossi
  • Muisca
  • Nepalese
  • Odias
  • Sinhalese
  • Somalis
  • Tanguts
  • Toltecs
  • Wari
  • Yoruba

0 voters

2 Likes

Can you still edit the poll? I’d like to vote for Somalis

Also, some people suggested to have Tanguts as an umbrella for all the tibetic peoples in such a way it shouldn’t bother the chinese goverment.
Given some people won’t vote for tibetans because of that, maybe tibetans could be labeled as Tibetans/Tanguts in this post

6 Likes

Why do people always think that limiting the choices will give you the most wanted? Its a really bad method of knowing what people would actually like

2 Likes

I can just give you another voting option but I can’t go over the max 50 limit. Can you give me names of all the ones I have forgotten and I will make another section. As long as it shows number of voters you still still figure out how popular.

So I should allow 50 options and then some people will pick 50? I would like to know what everyone thinks as the most important. I know one or two is not enough but four seems enough to choose four options that stand out to you.

1 Like

Yeah I think you should. I think its more important to know what people would like to than to know what people want. Tbh I think picking regions instead of individual civs makes more sense

3 Likes

I think this removes the purpose of my objective. I want to know what people want next. You can like several but if you had to choose, which would you want most? This is what I am asking.

2 Likes

I think this is important. People don’t tend to realise there might be a maximum number of civs

2 Likes

But I think thats a bad idea because it would mean that a lot of options people would really like but arent their priority will get overshadowed by civs less people would like but more people have as priority. I think its better to see what will be recieved the best I mean

Also this method really is just bad because you wont be able to put everything and some options people just will never vote for like Valencia (in general the poll has a bit too many European options tbh)

1 Like

That’s exactly the point.

2 Likes

But thats a bad system

1 Like

Basically, if for some reason there were a bunch of Icelanders here and they just made Iceland the most popular civ despite most other people wanting other civs before that it would lead to bad results

1 Like

Ah, you are the ‘what if what if what if’ type of guy

1 Like

This poll is pretty limited for non-European choices tbh, not even options for Somalis or Muisca but Valencians and Finns can be chosen, seems kinda random

2 Likes

I searched a lot of old polls, some solely focusing on Asia or Africa for names and made sure to include most. As I said, if you can compile a list of missed names, I can make them a voteable option so they can still compete.

1 Like

Oh fair enough, sorry if I came across as rude there

Just glancing over it I’d add Somalis, Yoruba, Mossi, Javanese, Khitans, Tanguts, Mixtecs, Toltecs, Muisca, Mapuche and Wari

If you wanted to include more South Asian options you could also add Kannadigas, Odias, Assamese, Nepalese and Sinhalese

1 Like

Thats not the most mature answer I would say. Just saying that we should search what most people would be happy with like in other polls

1 Like

I added all of them, enjoy!

2 Likes

Personally speaking I don’t know history enough to name what I’d want, I’d just prefer an African or not-West Asian Asian DLC instead, and maybe one more Meso civ.

I went with Benin because of the SotL’s video cuz I really liked the potential campaign idea there could be, and Tibetians cuz I’m sure that’d be interesting how it’d be implemented atm :eyes:

However, I do think the polls are sorta meaningless on the forums anyway. I’d say there’s certainly not enough people to make assumptions from. The forums are much more euro-centric anyway by virtue of being an English forum.

1 Like

no or all will pick all 50 and you dont know which each one wnats the most

and may i ask, where is option for vote for no civs? i think it will be enough with next dlc

Literally almost no one picks all options in all the polls I have seem

And if all people would be happy with tons of the civs here, what would be bad from knowing thats what they want?

1 Like