Post your humble opinions of the March PUP here

I think it’s meant for late game or NR. In addition, the improvements of the arsenal ‘anti-infantry rifles’, ‘flintlock’ and ‘cartridges’ would also affect them. I think they outpower archers.

1 Like

no its dps is actually lower then Longbows I think.

Its a skirm, so it has 3 rof instead of 1.5 of the longbows.

its atk in age 3 is lower then vet longbows while having hp of age 2 longbows.

its a very strange unit

edit: also I just realised that Longbows are also affected by infantry breastplate while the ranger is not, so like unless you need DPS against heavy infantry , this unit is just worse then longbows in almost every respect

3 Likes

I stand corrected, as long as it not as powerful, I guess its fine. What age can you access these skirms?

It basically aims for the late game. The card Rangers is in the Industrial Age.
It is fine to be weaker than Longbow in the early game.

After lots of improvements, it will better than Longbow in the late game.

1 Like

So you can get 5 of them in age 2 if you send the church card, which also replaces all your shipments and age up shipment with them.

You have to send an age 4 card for full replacement

1 Like

Ah, okay. That’s reasonable, thank you!

1 Like

besides for countering Heavy infantry, I dont think it can ever do more damage then longbows tbh.

Some rough math - Longbows have 68 dps fully upgraded compared to rangers 38

vs heavy infantry its 102 vs 114.

also its 26 vs 20 range.

The only real benefit lategame is that it cost gold.

Note: All Longbowmen upgrades also improve Rangers)

What do you mean by this? Do cards that upgrade archers now upgrade this new unit? Does the ‘infantry armor’ upgrade also affect them? If so, I think they outpower archers.

1 Like

yes, they do. <20characters>

They are affected by yeoman, that is the only card that affects longbowman

the infantry breastplate in the arsenal doesnt affect them

The thin red line tech affects them, but that also affects longbows now

they have much less dps then longbows

1 Like

I saw a new card “Siege Archery” in age III (NOT in age IV) allowing the longbows to deal long range damage on buildings (damage + burning dps it says). But this card does not affect rangers.

Skirmisher gain the +1x multiplier tech vs heavy infantry in arsenal. Longbows bonus vs HI is just 1.25x compared to Skirmisher’s x1.75. And do remind that LBs have a slightly longer set up animation. Furthermore his 3.0 roof is just in line with most units so it’s no issue kiting.

Correct if I’m wrong but that Roger Ranger you posted is a unit from Commerce Age, he is not a Veteran ( I.e: HP would be 20% greater )

I think that is the con of reverting manors but I don’t think it was a “to the ground” levels of nerf.

Glorious British changes the longbow should have never been in the game so I am very excited to see Britain can transition to a more thematic army of the colonial/napoleonic period.

3 Likes

I’m already preparing lol

11 Likes

I dont understand some changes like the SK nerf or german consulate, neither the Spanish gold AGAIN.
In my opinion this changes are kinda rare. People was expecting Hauds and Lakota improvements not thos kind of changes.

Also there are some posts claiming a buff for Indians, aztecs and ottomans for treaty/lategame. There is nothing about that.
Neither a nerf for USA or Ethiopia that are overperforming -_-

3 Likes

What I don’t like about this PUP:

• British will be crazy strong
  • Aztec changes (It is hard and risky to perform good FI as Aztec and gather 1500 coin for this expensive temple card. And even after that 4.5 speed for hand infantry is not too much). Please remove these nerfs.
  • Ottomans Improved Building card moved to Age IV (this card is not worth 1600 resources. It can easily stay in Age I)

What I like:

• everything else :slight_smile:
4 Likes

Solid patch, my highlights:
• Finally a rework for North American native voices, that was very needed (BTW, some African voices needs also better audios, specially Oromo Warriors).
• Very nice to add Rifleman to British, but as other says, seems that they need some nerfs.
• That Ping system should have been since the beggining when there was a high competitive scene! But as far I understand, new players are getting on the top ladder, and better late than never. Very nice
• New maps, yay! Arabia is not in Africa :stuck_out_tongue: @vividlyplain (I can understand that you need the African Royals for accesing the map, but they display on Africa filter)
• Not fan of “funny” skins, I would have prefered Francis Drake instead of the Flamethrower girl, but just my opinion and taste.

3 Likes

I think it is Longbowman that need nerfs.
The new Longbowman is too powerful even in the late game as long as the player doesn’t lack wood, making Ranger is basically unneeded.

It’s actually much better than the maxed out archer.

Captura de pantalla (501)
Captura de pantalla (502)
Both units upgraded with cards, arsenal + advanced arsenal and in imperial.

130 damage to heavy infantry per shot, while the archer 43.5 damage. Like a howitzer, but with only one population vacancy and more cadence XD. Also look at the tolerance to projectiles. 60 food/60 gold. The archer is only superior in cadence and range.

Also apply the exclusive improvements of the church.

2 Likes

I think the current multipliers against heavy infantry are bugged atm (they get .5 from yeomen instead of .25)

and longbows are supposed to get .25 from yeomen that they are not getting. That brings the numbers much closer.

so per shot its more like 51 for longbows, but the longbows fire twice as fast so DPS wise is 102.

For the rangers it should have x3 only I think so its dps is 120.

The rangers is better against heavy infantry but the longbows should be superior against every other unit whit its much higher dps.