Post your humble opinions of the March PUP here

guys you have no idea how skull knight are so strong right now

5 Likes

you have a card too age 3 lol

Wow, 6 snipeable skulls for 350 food. Everybody run. Even if you manage to send both cards only get 10 skulls at really mid game when everybody already spammed 50 unit.

5 Likes

I think for the late game if necessary. In addition to costing no wood, rifle units are always more effective than archers.

Well, it only remains to hope that over time other civilizations receive similar things.

Haudenosaune and Lakota always come to mind. Especially the nonsensical way in which they get coins. I hope a solution for this. Possible New plot solution on obtaining Lakota and Haudenosaunee coins

Aztecs and Ottomans need a boost for their late game.

sad that minimap big mode, makes resources dissapear even onthis update

The nerf is super justified, the Skull is superior to the doppel and the samurai in almost every aspect and sense. He is extremely broken. To give you an idea, Kaister made it to the finals of the FPL winter tournament doing Aztec FI and spamming skull knights, and we’re talking about a high-level tournament. Only Kaiserklein could stop it with skirmish spam + heavy cannon, how can it be balanced?

4 Likes

you mean Kaister, but yes lol

4 Likes

You need 15 vills + 10 priest to get a SK each 9s while other civs can train units in batches of 5 (mmmhatamotos
) from more buildings. Also skirms or goons can hit and run.

Training SK is costly, aztec player isnt using war or fertility dances, that has to be rewarded.

1 Like

Bruh, the map is not enough for you to hit and run against those things hahaha

Yeah, my mistake

Yea, spammable landschnets are better -_-
If you want to nerf FI just nerf the units shipments, not the unit itself.

An aztec player needs aroun 3min with max plaza non stop to get 20 of them (more if attacked). That are >4000 resources lost if they were farming (plus no boom, no bonus
)

1 Like

Except for you can’t spam those. Sending the cards is also very slow.

I think nobody was expecting him to go full SK in a tournament, otherwise, they would be prepared and get an easy counter. When Aztecs do FI they mainly sacrifice their eco so hard raid is a must.

4 Likes

I got skullfu*&±ed this morning.

They did not come in small batches.

1 Like

the problem with skull knight FI right now is that if they manage to catch your army, its just over, especially on small maps since they can just walk to your base and destroy every building with their very high siege attack right after

You can kite but they have higher speed so you are risking it and if you dont stay in your base then they can just walk into your base anyway and wipe it while you are away.

The production is slow but there are enough cards to get critical mass, and also have a second wave spam with the gladiator card.

The skulls also have slingers as support with the infinite 20 slingers card, which is good in fighting skirms, making the only real counter to this heavy cannons, and if both sides FI, the aztec player will be faster in hitting your face.

2 Likes

If they nerf sk to 4.25 speed they will pretty much never be able to catch up to skirms with their 4.40 speed from the advance arsenal. Plus any other speed cards that some civs can get will make sk even worse. Aztec FI isnt the easiest strat either, why nerf the only other strat Aztecs have? After this nerf the only viable strat will be rushing, making Aztecs 1 dimensional and predictable

2 Likes

Then how is having access to factories and heavy canons balanced when compared to native civs who lack artillery? Also what about civs with really fast skirms and high gold production and are able to spam canons. If you let Aztecs FI then you’re below average player and that’s facts, sorry but begging devs to nerf something because you can’t micro your units well enough is not Aztecs fault. Mass some heavy infantry to protect your skirms and canons, and use heavy infantry to kite SK. Aztec FI only made it that far into the tournament because people weren’t expecting it. The only people who don’t like Aztec FI are people who never tried aztec FI, trust me it’s not easy for the average player, it takes a pro like keister and a sub par player to pull it off

2 Likes

But almost no one would send advance arsenal in a 1 v1 game.

2 Likes

The WP semi ff is excellent, it is the same BO as the FI, but it turns out that the FI is much better, because of the Skulls, shipments, WP HP and other things.
The Skulls are very good units, that is the reality, if they make contact with the skirmishes or the artillery, they simply clean them, you cannot argue that a unit is weak because it is unable to defeat its counter, on the contrary, if it is capable of doing it , so it’s OP.

2 Likes

The rack of skulls nerf was good enough. All the negatives that come with FI and all the cards that you to have send in make it balanced. You can’t even spam them like how you can with landskenects. No one is going to FI anymore. No one even FF as Aztecs because by doing so you’re letting other civs get canons. Your argument that SK shouldn’t counter it’s counter is valid but at least there’s options like speed cards, speed auras, church techs that can counter sk speed. SK on the other hand have no speed upgrades so once they get nerfed it’s pretty much back to no one using the unit because the cons outweigh the pros.

1 Like

Also if they nerf skulls because they counter their counters then why is crack shot for canons allowed for Swedes? Cause that is pretty op. I don’t see you complaining about that. If they nerf skulls then they should nerf the Sudanese deverish and also nerf soldados because they fight pretty well against their counters. In a game where units like that are allowed to exists, skull knights are fine.

Some thoughts on rangers:
The age IV Rangers card first off needs a better name, it doesn’t matter what but may I suggest “Plan of Discipline”, “Providential Forces”, or “Gorham’s Rangers”. The design itself just does not sit right with me though. First off, it makes the church tech redundant because as soon as you can send it the tech is doing nothing for you that the card can’t do better. And second, I don’t like the idea of replacing a civ’s unique unit completely or making it obsolete. My solution to the first problem is for the card to just replace them at the barracks and not in the home city or map. that way the tech is still doing at least something for you. I have a few solutions to the second. You could make them slightly more expensive or slower to train as another drawback besides range and DPS, you could make the rangers card just an infinite shipment of rangers instead, or you could make them trainable at just forts in the same way US and Mexico legion cards function. If it is to replace the Lbow at the barracks though I think you should be able to send it twice to revert it like the leather soldiers card.

2 Likes