Post your humble opinions of the March PUP here

but who is spamming landskenects in a 1 v 1?

Just because no one is spamming them doesn’t mean it’s not strong.

1 Like

Are you thinking you are better at Aoe3 game logic then a team of developers?

If a team of developers doesn’t play the game then what good is it. How the nerfs and buffs are going it’s pretty self evident that the developers don’t play the game. They have dropped the ball many times when it comes to game balance and have had to nerf, buff and nerf all over again. They can’t seem to get it right how come? Since they know so much…

Its strong but if no one is able to use it then for the purposes of balancing it doesnt really matter does it. There isn’t a Swede FI into landskenects spam but there is a SK FI.

While the SK does have implication for balance in a 1v1 setting. The Skull Knight FI as shown its power, there will need to be adjustments. I think the speed nerf is in the right direction since the problem is that if is that the moment it catches its all over.

Maybe if its too much then we can revert the nerf to the other nerfed cards

1 Like

I say it again, nerf the unit shipments, not the temple one, that cost 1500 coin🤨

1 Like

The problem I feel with nerfing the unit shipment is that then they have trouble reaching critical mass, then they are essentially weak

Like they need to be threatening in that if they catching you, you should be in trouble. That happens when there is a critical mass where you cant easily focus them down.

If they have less then critical mass, then even if they are faster they arent a threat.

So making it so that its harder for them to catch you feels like the better solution

2 Likes

Because the game constantly evolves, has since the original first came out and the expansions. Going though several patches each time. Then there were unofficial patches when it stopped getting updates. The amount of changes ottomans had to the mosque. The time it took to balance India. Then DE came along and that caused all new changes and is getting continued changes that require tweaking. Even then it takes time to establish a meta where some civs rise to the top and get nerfed and buffed accordingly. I don’t know what you expect? That it will be perfect? This is one of the most layered and complex strategy games. it’s amazing it is as balanced as it is.

Is there any stats to show win rate for civs in 1v1 like aoe2 has? It would be nice to show what civs are over-performing and which aren’t. Tier lists are all lovely and all but are subjective

BUG修复和性能优化确实不错,上个版本经常只有20多帧,而且会卡帧,上次更新之前,我的1050ti笔记本还能在中画质之下保证在50帧左右。希望在这个版本之后会流畅一些吧。
AI增强意味着对我这样的单人玩家带来更丰富的体验(虽然最多只会打中等),我记得上次更新之前,中等AI遭到一定损失就开始回撤了,被歼灭了都不反击,向玩家基地进攻从正面往里走,直勾勾地去找农民,被打死多少都要往里钻,对于贸易站更是没多少攻击欲望,从上个版本开始,我打中等AI明显感觉到敌人来的更早了,AI会更明智地决定是否造贸易站,以及更偏向摧毁玩家的贸易站,AI会开始绕后了,对AI队友发出指令能有更好地回馈更是上个版本我喜欢的功能。总之,对于AI的加强总是一件好事,不过我还是想建议加强一下西班牙、葡萄牙中等电脑的攻击性吧,这俩文明出了兵但是很少主动进攻,而且葡萄牙总是造长管炮,明明对面都没有多少炮兵单位的。另外AI使用榴弹炮的方式也应该再改一改,有时候AI的榴弹炮会跟着队形一直冲,很容易死掉。
文明平衡这一块对英国红细线的改动感觉很有意思,虽然不清楚这是对英国的加强还是削弱,英国后勤官改动挺好,但是感觉和其他部分欧洲文明重合了…房子造价回调对于对战玩家肯定是好消息,新卡片格林威治时间看着貌似很好用的样子,但是随机地图没贸易站就尴尬了。日本降了神社生命值不知道算不算大削,不过个人感觉不算啥,由于不玩多人对站,所以对那些数值变化不是很敏感,所以其他的就没啥印象了。
这次对于北美俩土著文明竟然没有一点修改,我还以为上次小更新最后说的北美俩文明会有改动这次就有,个人感觉应该是天气、帐篷样式颜色改动、人物外观、季节改动之类的,特色卡片也比较少。不加一些定制化和特色卡片,这俩文明真的是玩不动啊,毕竟支撑我肝主城等级的就是那些五颜六色的定制化内容了啊。
新地图阿拉伯和刚果盆地,还行吧,现在非洲和亚洲(东亚、南亚、西亚、中亚)的地图还是很缺乏细化,但毕竟做新地图还是比较费时费力的,希望制作组有朝一日能把全世界的地理区块都做出来,那可真是个奇迹了。地图改动上对黄河地图上的改动确实很重要,一边升级到了铁路但是另一侧却无法升级,的确很奇怪。
另外,我看论坛里面对于新的欧洲dlc一直在讨论,我觉得真的有的话能在今年下半年,也就是明年之前出来就已经很好了,毕竟现有的欧洲文明感觉还没有做出更加独特的改动呢,如果有欧洲dlc我希望其中有意大利,从城邦中挑出一个代表,而意大利感觉可以把偏重佣兵和海战吧,另一个我觉得可以是波兰或者奥地利\奥匈帝国,虽然说现有的德国文明在一定程度上已经代表那一地区的特色了吧…
拍照模式确实很好,我希望开发能把以前的海岸效果还回来,枪炮烟雾更大一些,我记得以前原版的时候好像就能旋转视角,但是在决定版里面我找不到这项功能了。
最后还有一个UI的BUG,就是欧洲文明的探险家,在时代4运来可以让探险家建造前哨站和堡垒的卡之后,探险家有时在行动菜单上就找不到建造贸易站或者使用两个攻击技能的图标了,之前没设置热键,所以都需要拉农民去抢占贸易站,不是很方便,不知道这次有没有修复。
总之,这个月的更新 8.5/10,增加了很多实用的功能,修复了不少问题,但是新内容少了些,希望制作组在4月更新多搞点新鲜玩意。 :+1: :+1: :+1:

6 Likes

Let us know if you find anything else interesting in this update :wink:

I wonder what the second civ will accompany the British civ in this update? I think the French civ would be cool with the card update, the addition of a new unit - like the British update & French Revolution as a revolution option for the French civ (Belgium could also be interesting).

Skins for an Explorer could be:

• default French explorer
  • NEW SKIN Marianne (Symbol of the French Revolution)

• NEW SKIN Mime (French mime armed with a baguette)

5 Likes

Yep, the soldier and the Sudanese need balance, the ashigaru, the griot, the huaraca, etc too. But I’m not going to list all the units that need balance atm when I talk about skulls either.

And well, I think the guys already gave you enough arguments down here about why the nerf was necessary, the unit is strong, spammable and too fast. There is no civilization in the game capable of doing the same.

3 Likes

With Religious Unity it only costs 750 gold. Available in first age (not to mention that with 10 WP and a gift ceremony, shipments are never lacking), the Incas have it in fortress age, the Hauds only discount 25% and the Lakotas don’t even have something like that.
And if you don’t like that shipment, you can always use Aztec Mining, which is currently an extremely broken card.
Conclusion, the azzys cannot complain about the price of any card.

PLEASE ADD “1 burning damage per secon for 10 seconds” to IU on archer siege damage" PLEASE. DONT LET UPDATES BE OUT OF IU INFO" OR AT LEAST MAKE AN ANIMATION THAT BUILDINS RECEIVE BURNING DAMAGE
BECAUSE ONLY A FEW PEOPLE WILL READ PATCH NOTES, MOSTLY PEOPLE WILL READ IU

all of patch notes must be on IU
NEW] Siege Archery (IV): “Enables Longbowmen to siege buildings from a long-range with fire arrows, which inflict burning damage over time.” (Note: has 22 range and the same DPS as the ordinary siege attack; additionally, each arrow inflicts 1 burning dmg per second for 10 seconds)

4 Likes

Have you ever even tried an Aztec FI? What’s your success rate against better players?

Dude Swedes get like 5 of those lands in age 2 and can train them and also get a 20 percent upgrade to their speed in age 2 giving them 4.8 speed with almost 500 hp how it that not better than Aztec FI?

1 Like

It has to do with the fact that sweden doesn’t have the community plaza. Not only can aztecs bring in hordes of SK but they can also spam units and shipments other than SK to support that push.

Ok but Sweden has the torp to generate resources.

Hence the nerf to total villager count.