Profanity filter issue

Hi,
I’ve heard, you improved the profanity filter to be less intrusive, but now in the new patch my name is actually filtered: “Rudolfking”.

I don’t know in which language is this a curse, but can you whitelist it please? And how did this happen if the filter was made less intrusive?

Also it took me long minutes to realize why I cannot host a lobby: my name was in it… Okay you cannot do ****** ** ****** ** named lobbies, but you can add an error, that explains the reason instead of a greyed out button :slight_smile:

(it would also be cool to report whitelistable words, so the community can improve the vocabulary)

Thanks! Keep up the good work, **********
(I mean Rudolfking)

I think the devs dont like the song ‘Rudolph the red nosed reindeer’ :wink:

Lets stop joking: I really dont understand the filter. Way to much normal words seems to be banned for no reason at all. Even some common strategy names of the game are banned. I wanna explain the Persian Douche to my enemy, but i couldnt say that word. I also dont know why.

Devs think this issue is solved. They alrady closed the thread:

The filter is still bad. I would say: Make a new bug report about it.

I think they ban everything with f k i n g in the name. I cant say f k i n g without the spaces in between on this board. That rule makes your name ‘invaled’ to display into the game. You name ends with does letters :wink:

3 Likes

You are right, my name as RudolphKing works :slight_smile:

Also the new lobby shows the name in red if it is invalid, green if valid, so I was wrong in that case.

I think you should’ve linked one of my ‘better’ comments :wink:

hihi, i just wanted to link to the thread, but for some reason it liked to some random post in the thread 11

Right now I’m displayed as *******. Ivanhoe was a noble knight, by no means any kind of hoe.

Thank you, regards, much love.

8 Likes

11 11 11 you are right come on devs

Try signing out of Xbox live, it should fix the issue.

Good luck for steam users 111

Brings me back…

When 10 year old me wathced that intro, I thought Prince John was the european King from the Age of Kings cover art.

And now, after 20 years, I’m again comparing that scene and the AoK cover art to see if there’s any resemblance.

Good times.

I wonder though, how many of the AI names are currently sensored by the profanity filter?

1 Like

Ivanhoe being censored is definite proof that censorship is always anti-civilization.

1 Like

Wait, was there also a Ivan’s hoe in that intro? :eyes:

Give it a try. I look forward to your results :slight_smile:

I tested quite a few (by typing in lobby chat) but got bored pretty quickly 11 Only one I found so far was Earl of Wessex, apparently ■■■ is a naughty word.
Please just give us a way to turn the censor off!

It seems someone in the dev team is having personal grudges against Prince Edward for some reason :laughing:

Game Version:

• Build: 36906
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: technikalex temporarly Mr. Bobba

Issue:

Hey guys i posted this as a new thread 2 weeks ago. Was merged to the topic here

and 5 days ago GMEvangelos just closed the thread while saying should be fixed with the april patch?! Sorry i just reported this because this is a new bug with the new patch.
Im actually a bit mad they just close the thread as done before even checking it. I just want to play with my normal and known nickname in the community again.

"Hey just want to report a false positive here…
my nickname technikalex, is getting censored ingame and in the lobby. its really annoying tbh and wasnt the case before the patch. 36906. also sometimes in rare cases my nickname is shown again normally. 1/20 chance.
would be nice to play again as technikalex and not as *********

Tbh i dont get the chat filter at all we are all adults and if ppl want to bypass the chat filter they will be able to do it so why investing so much work in that?"

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. change name on steam to technikalex

ATTACHMENTS:

3 Likes

However many incorrectly filtered words and names get reported and eventually fixed, there will always be more. The censor just needs to be optional. Simple as that.

2 Likes

OPTIONAL CENSORSHIP PLEASE! I am way over into my adulthood to have every 2nd sentence completely censored by your filter, sometimes 100% without reason. At least censor only the offensive word and not the complete sentence… I am sure most of the community would turn it off in a heartbeat

No, optional filter is bad I think. How would I know if others got my message or just see starts, because the filter is (frequently) broken?

It’s simpler: don’t apply it on names, or just filter the extreme ones. Earl or Wessex, Rudolfking, technikalex, these are not profane words, period. “I’ll **** you if you trush me” as a name is, I admit, but please fix this, it truly does not sound like a complicated thing.

What will be the next? In-game audio and text will be starred? Civ. names will be starred? :slight_smile:

Disagree.

1. Almost everyone would turn it off so it wouldn’t be a problem.
  2. If my opponent says **** *** ****** **** how would I know if he should be reported or if he’s trying to ask for tips or something?
  3. If someone is being insulting, racist, etc. they get reported. We don’t need a censor.