Progressive paralysis on multiplayer games

Game Version: 101.101.35906.0

• Build: 4941835
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: HEDGEHOG FLAVOR

Issue:

UI statys on scout view or sheep in game. Scores and ressources are not refreshed

Reproduction Steps:

Happened two times today in 2v2 ranked games

1. I’m playing a first game with my friend that invited me to a 2v2 lobby
  2. Ending the game
  3. going back to the lobby to launch a new game
  4. I’m selecting my sheeps or scout then I select my forum or any other units

result: the UI doesn’t change scores are frozen and ressources pop. too.

I deactivated all the UI mods I had and it happened again.

Restarting the game between 2 games seems to work in order to fix it.

ATTACHMENTS:

:heavy_check_mark: screenshot and video
video see https://kapwi.ng/c/PSlj392n

4 Likes

i have been having the same problem but even if i restart the game is still get it, in each 3 games i play 2 of them get bugged like that

I have the same problem. Also appeared in ranked 2on2.

It depends on which unit the UI stays the rest of the game. If I want to open then Menu (F10), then I don’t see it and also can’t return to the game.

I have the exact same problem since the last patch. It happened several times during ranked games, 1v1 and 4v4. Only solution is to close AOE2, can’t even chat or resign properly. Never happened in single player game vs AI or unranked team games.

Game Version:

101.101.36906.0 4941835
Steam
Win10
[Liiit] Zbyszek

Issue:

My HUD froze up when i had a water buffalo selected. So everything on the HUD was frozen at that point, res, unit properties, building inventory. Minimap still worked. Couldnt see the name of my oponent from the beginning. All the inputs were still working tho and i could prduce units. so the game would still work but i couldnt see my pop and my res and what unit i had selected.
After like 2 minutes i paused the game to look into what happened. after that nothing worked anymore. couldnt access the menu, couldnt chat anymore. nothing. had to altf4 then. Sorry for the oponent who was probably wating for me to unpause :S

Reproduction Steps:

No idead really. I was really trying to be quick that early game and maybe I stacked some keyboard inputs over each other. Couldnt reproduce myself.

I also couldnt tab back into the game. so i failed to make a screenshot. sorry for that. but nothing crazy happened. i described all the visual stuff.

ok it happened again. again froze on 4 pop, cant even tab out or anything only way to interact with the game in that state is task manager and altf4

Multiple people have reported this bug, unfortunately there is no official response yet (I think). What I have been doing to counteract it is disabling all ui mods, and I just verified my game files on steam. I will try some games and let you know if that worked, the next step is to reinstall the game.

• Still get the ui bug after verifying, reinstalling now
  • Still black loading screen, but mods work and no freezes, for this game at least
  • Got it again, not fixed

Same bug here… keep losing score due to this bug that I have to restart the game

I got the same problem, most of the times has something to do with selecting sheeps, buffalos, llamas, etc.
It only happend on ranked games.

I’m reinstalling right now.

I’ve been experiencing this too. It happened in multiplayer games AND while spectating multiplayer games.

Game Version: 101.101.35906.0

• Build: 4941835
  • Gamertag: b o y e meets world

Issue:

It usually starts with the loading screen being void of the game information. The in-game UI freezes within the first few seconds of a multiplayer game (also happens while spectating multiplayer games). This means you can’t see what you have queued, see what you have selected, the scores, what age people are in, how many resources you have, if you’re housed, etc.
It’s a massive issue. Later in the game (sometimes seconds, sometimes far later), inputs will freeze too and it becomes totally unplayable.

This has happened to me approx 1 in every 3 multiplayer games since the latest patch. I’m not alone:

This is clearly a common problem, and it is gamebreaking. PLEASE acknowledge that you’re aware of it.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. Play a multiplayer game, or spectate a multiplayer game.
  2. If the loading screen is fine and you don’t have issues in the first 15 secs of the game, you won’t see it reproduced that game.

ATTACHMENTS:

:heavy_check_mark: There are plenty of attachments in the other threads I linked

2 Likes

Hi, please give feedback if reinstalling was helping!
Thanks

1 Like

Game Version:36906

• Build: replaceme
  • Platform: Steam or Microsoft Store:In Microsoft Store
  • Operating System: Windows 10 or Windows 7 or Mac or Linux:Windows 10
  • Gamertag: replaceme

Issue:

(Replace with a detailed description of the problem; please limit one issue per thread)
When I paly a multiplayer game ,my population is always the same after a while.I cannot see my population increase even I made new villagers.I can see my new villagers,but I cannot see my population increasing.And the menu is always stay in the TC.When I choose a barrack,the menu is still stay in TC.When I choose a scout ,the menu is still about the TC.It is so bad,and worse,I cannot do anything when I want to delete my TC in desperate.I cannot choose a villager ,a scout ,a barrack.And the TC is still there.It is a bad MULTIPLAY experience.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. (List the steps we can take to reproduce the bug ourselves…)

ATTACHMENTS:

:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH A SCREENSHOT IF YOU ARE ABLE!)
:heavy_check_mark: (BONUS: ATTACH A VIDEO OF THE PROBLEM HAPPENING)
:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH YOUR DXDIAG IF YOU ARE ENCOUNTERING A TECHNICAL ISSUE)
:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH ANY CRASH/GAME LOGS [IF RELEVANT])

1 Like

Is the issue also existing in single player?
Can you show some pictures of the issue?

I don’t think there is a need to document this bug any further. What OP is describing matches this detailed bug report, also here. Many users have reported about this bug here and elsewhere.

This bug is incredibly frustrating. It just happened to me twice in a row in 1v1 ranked games. Ironically, the last patch also introduced losing ELO due to early disconnects. I hope devs find a solution quickly, this is completely ruining multiplayer experience.

Game Version: AOE2 DE

• Build: LATEST UPDATE (see attachments for details)
  • Gamertag: ??ATOMIC_HUSKARL??

Issue:

Not sure if this is an update problem but the game has been locking up a lot since the update (3 times specifically),
No issues whatsoever since the game came out for me (150 to 200 games without so much as a disconnect), so this is definitely new.
Load screen is always blank now, whether the game continues or not.
Replay shows the game is fine and everyone else seems ok until the replay ends, but in my original game the score doesn’t advance, my view is locked and hotkey/keyboard/mouse input are all non responsive.

Same exact issue 3 times: twice yesterday and once just now.
Game starts, queue vils, start scouting and then nothing works by the 7th vil or so.
All inputs work outside the game.
No issue using the windows key to pop out and force stop the game.

Reproduction Steps:

Happens when it wants.
All Random Ranked
Happened in both 1v1 and team games.
After it happened twice in a row yesterday, I reloaded the program and was ok other than the blank loading screen as the match starts (no usernames or civ info).
Happened first game today as well.
Already quit and restarted.
Will try again shortly with a fresh load from scratch.
I believe the civ was Cumans all 3 times.

ATTACHMENTS:

:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH A SCREENSHOT IF YOU ARE ABLE!)

:heavy_check_mark: (BONUS: ATTACH A VIDEO OF THE PROBLEM HAPPENING)
My View as the game locked up:

Saved Replay:

:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH YOUR DXDIAG IF YOU ARE ENCOUNTERING A TECHNICAL ISSUE)
:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH ANY CRASH/GAME LOGS [IF RELEVANT])

4 Likes

Hi,

I had the exact same issues several times today. Only in multiplayer, I have been able to campaign without any worries.

1 Like

Thanks for the thorough description. I have the exact same problem as you do, including the blank loading screen for any MP game. The “freeze” occurred for me both in ranked 1v1s and TGs, various maps and civs. I also suspect it happened to some opponents in 1v1s (disconnects after a few minutes of game). This has been going on since day 1 of the new patch.

Could you please update this topic if you ever find some solution to this ?

I can’t believe how broken this patch is.

1 Like

Multiple people have posted about this same error, I first got it when the update released, I think it might be tied to ui mods? I’ve been doing some testing, and I recently got the bug with no ui mods enabled so I don’t know anymore. The Age team needs to fix this and the 5 min disconnect quickly.

1 Like