Put your opinion about the Spanish rework here - PUP April Update

Not just that. A lot of things: Soldado, Insurgente, haciendas, Alhóndiga de Granaditas, Comandante, Desperado, Presidios, Día de Muertos… It’s really unusual. No other civ has so that many things in their native language (aside of UK and United States obviously).
And virtually all cards relate to very specific history events and places (I think that’s even more than USA, but it’s fine since it’s their concept). It’s quite obvious Mexico was “comfortable” for whoever designed it.

Anyway, it’s nice because it makes the civilization more “alive”.

5 Likes

I like most of the changes, it would be cool if pikemen & crossbow get a buff too, since spain is arguably the biggest user of the two. Nothing crazy, maybe raise the multiplier of the crossbow against HI to 1.5 and the melee attack of the pikemen to 10 while adjusting the multipliers to keep the damage against cav and shock infantry the same.

4 Likes

You can build 7 haciendas by sending yourself 2 haciendas first and then infinitely sending 7 sheep + 1 economic travois, on top of that the sheep buff the creation time

If you send “casa de trastamara” and then send conquerors for archaic units, but you never lost archaic units, the send fails and you get it back, but you get discounts on age advancement… that means you can age advance for FREE

Anyone know what is the year referred by the card “marvelous year”?

Annus Mirabilis

1 Like

I was talking mechanically: 10 free pop units boosting your army. Also as you said missionaries have a stronger boost, that makes sense cause they have to be in the frontline. This is one of the reasons age4 otontins card make no sense if Spain has that ranged infantry card

Not anymore. The notes say “Note: Max improvement is now +28% attack, down from 55.3%”

I guess the original idea of unctions were:

1. Spain does not have a particularly strong late game eco
  2. Spain does not have strong late game units (mostly gunpowder)

It looks pretty odd to overhaul the entire unction mechanics and add 1 super-stuffed improvement card (buffs all ranged infantry by 25% dmg + reveal). I can understand that unction makes adding other unit buff cards difficult, but that only makes sense if you are adding 5 more dmg buff cards. Right now only this one buff card is added, and it’s core effect is not really related to dmg (if it gives reveal without the damage buff and unction remains the same, the result is not so different).
It also makes archaic units even more useless.

Unction can remain the same, or you can make it no longer affect artillery. Not sure.
The guerilla card can give reveal ability and a smaller damage buff or a speed buff to skirmishers. That makes more sense.

Also Spanish gold now requires like 3 or 4 shipments to pay off so it’s not worth it.

1 Like

I am the only one wich is happy with misonaris dont use population space now…:joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

eu tinha feito um comentário parecido acho que eles deveriam dar 1.50 para os crossbow e para compensar aumentar o custo em mais 10 comida e mais 5 de madeira

That seems broken, probably not intended.

Unction before was a +55.2969421732897% increase in attack, now it’s +28.0084544196358%, the total gap or difference in attack, is that before it was (1.55297…)/(1.28…) = 1.213177230186665 —> 121.317723…% of the attack you could now get, or 21.317723…% more attack; so now, all units that are not ranged infantry, have 17.5718126653156% less attack (or before 21.3…% more attack) like Lancers, hussars, goons, rodeleros; artillery have 35.6072317969957% less attack also, and the ranged infantry, i’m just gonna go with the skirm: before was (15)(2.15)(1.55297…) = 50.08326385088593 ranged attack, now it’s (15)(2.4)(1.28…) = 46.08304359106889 so before was 8.6804602042221% higher attack…

So my point was just really to clarify, now i think almost all units have lower attack than before with unction, from a gap of ~8.68% in skirmisher, to a ~55.297% one in artillery, with most units with one of ~21.317723% but now unction is more safe and consistent, missionaries shouldnt die that easily, and also the population cost removed from them, wich i think was great, the best change, is a general +11.111% attack in treaty if you will; depends in your Economic and military configuration but assuming the common one, yes, all units technically have now +11.111% wich now means instead of the 21% that was before, it is only something like 9% more before, so skirms are actually like 2% better with unction. This was just to make the situation of changes a little clearer hehehe (i havent see them for myself yet also)

Effects soldados too which could be broken, even mexico doesn’t get a +25% attack for them.

1 Like

Yeah, now that i have more time i’ll try to make my opinions in small balance and unit stat changes, specially on stat-buffing cards, like that one that you mentioned, that card should be way higher… (although it also should be notes that the azzys one is 10% to atk and hp while the other is just attack, but still, is way less)

1 Like

Como debe de estar Mayorcete con este parche,debe estar que trina,aunque también puede que también quede medio confundido xd…

5 Likes

1625 — Spanish Monarchy

A series of Spanish military victories on a global strategic scale obtained in 1625 during the Thirty Years’ War, in important military theaters in Europe and America. These military victories were as follows: Siege of Breda, Relief of Genoa, Recapture of Bahia, Battle of San Juan and Defense of Cádiz.[15] Those military actions were immortalized in a series of paintings in the Hall of Realms of the Buen Retiro Palace in Madrid. Thus, the “reputational” policy promoted by the Gaspar de Guzmán, Count-Duke of Olivares, favourite of Philip IV of Spain, was apparently confirmed by the initial success,[16] and it was in reference to this annus mirabilis for Spanish arms that Olivares delivered probably his most famous pronouncement: “God is Spanish and fights for Spain.”

During the course of [1625] Breda surrendered to the Army of Flanders under the command of the incomparable Spinola; the republic of Genoa, Spain’s ally and client, was rescued from the onslaught of the combined forces of France and Savoy; a joint Spanish-Portuguese naval expedition drove the Dutch from Bahia in Brazil; and an English expeditionary force was humiliatingly defeated when it attempted an attack on Cadiz.

-– Geoffrey Parker, The Thirty Years’ War

1 Like

Solo afecta a los guerrilleros españoles, no a los nativos ni a ninguna infantería a distancia pesada o ligera

1 Like

My opinion is that they are going to nerf or remove the vast majority of things from this pre-update in the final version. :pensive:

Suenas a alguien acomplejado colega, por que no te calmas un poco?

1 Like

I’m not meta enough to know if its going to be a powerful change, Haciendas as Soldado factories sounds interesting.

I was hoping for a more reliable way for Spain to get conquisadores though?

1 Like

Es lo mas probable, les apuesto que esa carta de 2 acorazados será aumentado su precio a 3000, que la carta que reduce el tiempo de entrenamiento de los aldeanos será nerf hasta quedar en un -17,5% y que su taza de recolección quedara en un 15% (debajo del 20) por cierto, de verdad creen que la carta reconquista es buena? no veo rentable perder 15 soldados por 3 conquistadores… como… como que salgo perdiendo xD ( y si quieres los 10 conquistadores tienes que perder 50 soldados… ufff díganme cual es lo bueno de ello xD) y creo que la carta del virreinato de nueva España solo es un bug junto con lo de las ovejas (así que supongo será arreglado) y… creo que lo del daño de 25% solo afecta a guerrilleros y no a otra unidad ni siquiera a los guerrilleros indígenas así que… no me vengáis con que esta rotísima

2 Likes