- Build: 36906
- Platform: Steam
- Operating System: Windows 10
In team games, the option ‘Random’ for civilization pick does not work exactly as advertised. Recently I noticed that after picking random civ, I got the same civilization as one of my allies. I don’t remember whether that ally had that civ picked or whether he was also random, at least we didn’t both pick the same civ. The hover text states that you will receive a civ that has not been picked yet. (We already have the option ‘Full Random’ for picking from all the civs without restrictions.)
Here’s how to reproduce the problem.
[0. Developers: reduce civ pool to a few civs to increase the chance it occurs]
- Join the queue for a ranked team game, the more players the higher the odds of it occurring.
- Choose ‘Random’ for civilization pick.
- Wait till the match starts.
- With a small chance you could get the same civilization as an ally.