Ranked Games Not Counting, and A Few Bugs

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: Latest
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Ranked matches - I’ve won and it doesn’t count more than half the wins to the profile, especially on 1 on 1 it happens most. It has been this way on all updates/patches so far (not fixed)

Team matches (2v2 or higher) sometimes refuse to start, but the issue is less prevalent there.

(Inca’s flag is extremely low resolution, but not that important)

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: Almost 1 on 1 game, especially if I briefly lose connection and reconnect.

• 75% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play ranked 1 on 1 or team game.
  2. Finish game. (I find it happens most when the connection has to re-connect during the game, but in one game it didn’t count anyway with 100% stable connection, and the game usually finishes fine)
  3. Win/loss result is not added.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The wins are supposed to count.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

The game/win does not count in the profile.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a [OneDrive or Google Drive link] to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or [CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt)] below.

6 Likes

Same with me, but I am assuming it just takes some time to register. It may show up an hour later.
Update: only a couple losses showed up after about 20 wins in two days.

2 Likes

• BUILD #: ######

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

I’ve had 2 games not count when using the Ranked Game feature, both recorded, and both wins. The recorded games do NOT appear in my library after, therefore hinting that the game is not registering at all. To note, I’ve only played 2 games.

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play ranked, record the game, 1v1 supremacy
  2. Win
  3. Observe if you suffered the same issue

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Match, win or loss, should count

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?
Win didnt count, unsure if a loss would count

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

1 Like

• BUILD #: 100.12.35552.0

I played two ranked games this morning, but it seems that the two ranked games didn’t count, and my ranking position didn’t change.

I have only played two ranked games this morning.

Play ranked games

1 Like

Thank you all for the reports! We are tracking this issue for investigation, and continue to invite as much information as possible that will help us determine the behavior and root cause of the problem. Keep it coming and we’ll keep you updated as we learn more!

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Ranked isn’t working properly, at the end of the game, instead of displaying how much elo you won or lost, it only comes up with “loading”. After the you exit the game and go back to the main menu, the leaderboards are also not updated. Sort it out please.

2 Likes

i am having the same issue. I have played 4 games but it only shows 2 in my stats.

the game closes suddenly on 1vs1 matchmaking games.
ive reported this already

Same problem here, won a ranked game but cant see my elo

It started occurring after the new patch went live, at least for most people.

2 Likes

Was wondering if this was reported, I hope ranked games are at least being tracked and just arent showing. I have played a number of ranked matches now, team and 1 v 1s and my profile isnt updating.

2 Likes

same, it just happened to me , i won a 30 minutes game and still only 5 wins.
Wins counting
loses no counting
im starting to hate this game
probably is something that developers didnt do well, or probably is something as always happen in this rts game, players that find a method that when they lose, the match dont count.

To be fair AOE3 was mostly a buggy game and we found ways around it. So far we’ve got a team of devs working to make the game great. I think it is a matter of finding them bugs and making proper posts so they fix it? Most of the posts I made were patched in the last patch

yep, but we dont know his priority list, i cant wait
so sad that i have 1 lose game because game suddenly closed and 1 game i won didnt count

same here, victories don’t count, and losses count, started after the new patch

3 Likes

Same here. Please fix this bug, thank you

1 Like

I played over 100 1v1 Games and won like 2/3 of them. (90 hours on steam -> ~ 200 games with teamgames)

Always wondered why my rating isnt getting higher despite my high winrate.
Until i realised its not counting my wins 50% of the time…
i hope this gets fixed for future AND past games.

Otherwise i wasted like 50+ hours trying to get top 100…

If its not possible to track past games please RESET the rating for everyone, otherwise its not fair.

5 Likes

Will the devs do something about this already? Your patch broke the ladder. You really should be fixing it.

3 Likes

Same issue here. Games not counting in ranked supremacy 1v1s

3 Likes