ROMAE AD BELLUM - (RAW:E) Rome at War Expansion Concept

Only supports english language as of now.

Are there no more updates?

1 Like

Considering that we already have a date for Return of Rome, it is unlikely that they will continue to update itā€¦

nope they will definitely update itā€¦ return of rome is nowhere near rome at war

5 Likes

great news is that the mod will have a pretty significant size reduction (assuming AOE2 game mode can load AOE1DE graphics due to result of ROR). smaller mod files always good news

Disappointing that they are selling the game 3rd time

1 Like

8 Likes

Sorry about not having an icon that stretches too well.

2 Likes

It may sound dumb and stupid, but I have a suggestion in regards to adding a new unit for Britons.

This Britonā€™s new unit will be the ā€œWar Chariotā€, a powerful ranged cavalry unit with low movement speed but slightly higher health and piercing armor as well as movement speed than skirmishers, and it also turns into a Woad Raider, an infantry, when killed. (Strong vs. infantry and archers. Weak vs. spearmen and camel riders.)

In other words, it is a mobile skirmisher in a chariot with both a Woad Raider as a rider as well as a Konnikā€™s function in it.

3 Likes

Hey can anyone tell me what the Celtic Wonder is? The Big Square with the huge Courtyard? It looks lovely but I have no idea what itā€™s supposed to be.

Actually thatā€™s a really good idea. I personally think the Return of Rome mod is going to "crap"can the RAW as it stands but thereā€™s a LOT of civs this project wants to add in and after figuring out how to rework it in the context of RtR would be a VERY good idea. I love this idea for Britons and truly truly want a Roman campaign of Conquering Britain, starting with Caesarā€™s first landing to the Great Barbarian Conspiracy (which would make an EPIC final level) and this could be a very very excellent part of it.

In my head canon, maybe the War Chariots will replace the Woad Raiders, and the Woad Raiders will be turned into a regional infantry unit that will be only available to Britons and Gauls.

The War Chariotsā€™ ability to dismount them upon death and then turn into Woad Raiders was inspired by one of the recorded accounts, in which the real life war chariots consist of two riders, the operator and javelin thrower, and once the throwers are out of ammo, they will disembark the chariot and charge to the enemy as shock troops or what-not, while the operator will retreat to the safe position.

1 Like

On Friday the 5th between 8 and 12 pm Eastern Standard Time, weā€™re going to be running as many 1v1 multiplayer Rome at War games as possible. These will probably be streamed on TechChariotā€™s YouTube channel, if people want to watch some of them that way.

However, we canā€™t run this event without players. So weā€™re looking for Rome at War fans who want to come along and join our scheduled sessions. We do have pre-defined civ matchups we want people to test, and the games will be organized before hand.

To help us do that, if youā€™re interested in playing, please make sure you join the Rome at War Discord server (URL is https://discord.gg/ combined with K yZYYUU2G6 (remove the space)) go to the Announcements channel, and follow the instructions there to register your interest. You can also fill in this Google Form if youā€™re interested and weā€™ll try and organize some games for you. Thanks, and hope to see some of you there.

Youā€™ll also need to make sure you have the following properly set up (you should do this regardless of whether or not you plan to play):

• Rome at War Graphics mod enabled
  • Rome at War Multiplayer Datamod (always use this, even for single player games)
  • Rome at War Expansion Civ Graphics mod enabled (set to top priority)
  • Toggle Extended Tooltips turned on
  • Tooltip position set to ā€œFixedā€
  • UHD off, or the Rome at War UHD graphics mod installed and enabled (as well as regular graphics)
  • Game language set to English
2 Likes

All I can say isā€¦ check out the newest update to the mod :eyes: (the Multiplayer Data version is the most up-to-date)

If you want to play, please ensure that you do join our Discord, and make yourself known, otherwise itā€™s much harder to get you into you scheduled games. Thanks.

Old Centurion: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ageofempires/images/a/a6/Centurion_aoe2DE.png/revision/latest?cb=20200404024629&format=original

Aoe2de_roman_unique_centurion_icon Updated Centurion

What do you think of the remodeled skin of Centurion in RtR?

2 Likes

It looks very nice and more colorfulā€¦

That helmet looks too old for the AoE II timeline, I also liked the gold color of the horse bardings as well. I wonder why they replaced the already accurate model to the current one.

Btw, will there be Dominate Roman Empire added to the mod when the DLC releases? Iā€™m curious how you guys would handle the Late Roman Empireā€¦

Since RoR adds a nes ship that is available even without the exoansion, will you try using it in RAW?