ROMAE AD BELLUM - (RAW:E) Rome at War Expansion Concept

I don’t have a Discord account

Download and unzip this file, then place the two sub folders into C:\Users[YourUsername]\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE[A Large Number]\mods\local. Open AoEII DE, go to the mod manager, enable the UI mod, and restart the game. The UI should then take effect. Make sure to select the Datamod before starting a game.

I am stupid. I can not understand, UI mod is what? What is it called?

I messaged you directly detailed instructions. Let me know if you have any further questions.

This old SOTL instruction video may help as well:

Thanks

Can you more elaborate on this part of the new changelog.

And also, the Macedonian’s Diadochi tech will replace the old Athenian Hoplite to Athenian Taxiarch in this new patch?

Pretty sure the tech name gets censored. It was
that got changed

Yes, but I forgot to update the string file for that.

1 Like

Hi, can you make the mod as a separate “game” the same way Return of Rome has its own icon in main menu? Thank you for all your work.

No, we can’t unfortunately, due to technical constraints. You can install R@W through the ingame mod manager now though, at least if you use non-UHD.

I thought the Macedonians would use the Hoplites rather than the Auxiliary Spearmen since they were somewhat Greek-ish. Is it because of balancing, or is it just simply overlooked?

That’s on oversight in the tech tree, I’ve just published an update to the tech tree site, which should come through shortly if you reload. It’s correct ingame.

Any project of changing all vanilla aoe2 unit graphics?

Now you do not need to download files and install from here: C:\Users[YourUsername]\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE[A Large Number]\mods\local? Is it enough to install the mod through the in-game manager? Do you need to delete the files from here: C:\Users[YourUsername]\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE[A Large Number]\mods\local?

description of civilizations disappeared after the last update
I wanted to suggest that the skirmishers move faster. This will be more realistic.

Edit: Tournament has been cancelled, details are in comments below

Hello everyone,

Myself and @BiGPaPaDrej are excited to announce the first ever AoE2 tournament featuring the Rome at War data mod, The Colosseum! This is a single elim, 1v1, mid elo tournament for players who want to push the boundaries of civ design and competition within Rome at War. More info on the Rome at War Discord: ROMAE AD BELLUM
The Colosseum Handbook: The Colosseum – Rome at War 1v1 Handbook - Google Docs

Spark notes:

• Rome at War data mod
  • $500 prize pool
  • 1v1, 1300-1700 elo
  • 32 player signups
  • It will be cast on Twitch, and the games uploaded to Youtube

We hope to get a good crowd for the hype! Even if the slots get filled up we would love to see you there!

7 Likes

for me it disappeared as well

Got a problem: with the new installation, I get a crash when I try to save the game. Anybody else got the same issue?

Unfortunately, due to the disappointingly low player turnout, we’ve decided that the best way forward is to cancel our planned tournament. This doesn’t mean that competitive Rome at War is off the table, far from it. Instead, we will be opening an “Expressions of interest” channel in the Discord server. Players of any elo will be able to fill out their details here, and when we feel we have sufficient players to actually host an event, we will do so. Thanks for your understanding.

2 Likes

where can I get information about this mod? I don’t have Discord…

We have a moddb page.

give a link to the page