Solution to make india more played in treaty

India dont need better training time because sepoys can build and they have Taj Mahal. If devs buff training time they could train a big army in second in front of your base. I play India on treaty and I think all they need is that mahout should work like a canon, without penalties vs HI. Also they spent 6pop. India have received a lot of buffs like mansabdars, inmigrants and monastery upgrade. Their camels train fast and flail elephants can be spammed quickly. I have destroyed complete bases with them by building 2 castles in front of their walls.
Instead of training time I would give them a Karni mata buff, that aura should work over final rates

???really ?

I think Karni Mata has worked over final rates since original AOE3 (TAD). See the link below: Karni Mata | Age of Empires Series Wiki | Fandom

IMO, it is still not the greatest. A maxed out rice paddy on food with age 5 upgrades and no card is 0.975 food/sec.

Karni Mata affected the final rates: it would be 1.0725 food/sec
Karni Mata affected the base rates: it would be 1.025 food/sec

However, the bonus is more rewarding the more eco cards you stack on it

Not, it doesnt. You can check it now that DE enables you to see gather rates. Its like you send economy theory but in a small area of the map costing 800 food minimun. Also India doesnt have so many eco cards, I thought that Karni mata was the reason but It wasnt

2 Likes

You are right, I just tested this and the result is 1.025 food/sec.

It must have been changed from the original… quite a downgrade. India has no factories either and Karni Mata definitely does not even come close to compensate for it.

1 Like

india got fur trade.

Yes, but its not enough, indian units are very expensive and you will run out of coin quickly without a fast coin production. Also you need to kill villagers maybe doubt to heavy pop units.
France has fur trade too but they have every eco card(until last patch), better villagers, more pop space and 2 factories.

1 Like

i know floko uses tigers to fight with, perhaps something to try?

india can run, something only ottomans and russia can do otherwise (well i guess japan but eh).

1 Like

Tigers are only good against artillery! and are in a way very single purpose oriented and expensive in that way at 130food each , 1300food for 10 tigers ! a good enemy will beat tigers already anyways

Fur trade and karni mata are not enough in a way, it makes you struggle to balance the resources, tis not a smooth ride as in Japan Dutch or any other civ where u dont really have to juggle between resources, all India needs a minor good buff or something simmilar and things will be easier to manage and use, Wood in late game is issue hence you cant just spam mohouts ! and that is effectively a limit on how much mouhout you can produce in a game

Also my main concern is the effectiveness of units ! currently India is a very half-baked civ, its master of none , have no particularly impressive strength but have all types of units ! but the unit cost/pop/buildTime doesnt justify the prices, Specially in case of siege ele, Gurkha is also a unit that is not strong enough atleast it HP is 100 less than any other skirm in age4/5

1 Like

eh india also gets a massive 1300 wood shipment they can constantly send, honestly india is in a pretty good state in treaty.

1 Like

there is a reason India gets 1300W shipment! Its masive for others but not for India! as calling 1300w misses the chance for 9 urumis and India need more wood for vills siege ele and barrac and Especially mohouts/rajputs the 3Wood Trickle doesnt do it

India needs a Karni Mata buff and Mahouts have to be like spanish lancers, without penalties vs Heavy Infantry, in this way they would work like canons

2 Likes

mahouts main advantage is they are tanky, they shouldnt be better at killing than they currently are.

For 6 pop unit it doesn’t perform as nearly as 2 gendarmes! nor for its cost! add the pathing disaster! mohouts needs alot of improvement

1 Like

yes man you take my words

1 Like

Coincidence ! Just Played a team casual against @Sotorie , And despite his wizardry of microing, his Siege ele weren’t performing well enough, thnx to shorter 30 range !!! I guess slow build time of siege ele also played a role in that somewhere

The export is not enough to finance the acquisition of guns. The consulate is more like a second metropolis than a military building. The export is a trickle and in treaty it practically does not accumulate, and also the units you hire take a long time to arrive. I think India needs to create anti-infantry guns in her castles; also improve the range of their camels with rifle (zamburaks) because they are faster than elephants with rifle and can attack cavalry in a more versatile way such as dragons. Elephants do not replace cannons at all since they are extremely expensive and occupy too much population, they also cost a lot of wood, which in treaty is the most scarce and precious resource after 40-60 minutes of play.

1 Like

I thought about that, my solution is to give to otto consulate a foundry wagon to train falconets and culverins maybe. The great issue of India is killing big armies of infantry. With this they can do it and get near to attack with siege elephants. Other option could be to give howdas more bonus vs artillery in order to work as a culverin.

1 Like

Howdahs have a bonus on artillery and they do a decent job on tht , but low range and slow speed + rate of fire , make it inefficient for killing artillery in long term

1 Like

Thats the point, with more bonus they need less shots. I dont understand why yabusames have that great bonus while Japan can train more units and they have flaming arrows.

1 Like