Some fun sprite creation

Did some fun little sprite work and modding.

boisprite1

Wanted to do a little bit different halberdier, only got the idle animation for the moment. Took ages and a lot of trial and error to get it where I wanted it, or close to. Next is improving some stuff and then the other animations. The model & texturing is 100% made by myself.

Programs used:
SLX Studio.
Blender.
Substance Painter.

I wanted to share the progess!

Best regards.

12 Likes

If you want to match the AoE style, you need to use armor, player color, white, or yellow/gold highlights for everything, just look at all the other units. Not too bad though.

Great work! Can be a UU for the Swiss civ. :smile:

Lights need more work.the ingame units are brighter.

Great to see more people making new units.

1 Like

Thank you and indeed! Based it off of some War of the Roses artwork, but could very well be made into a swiss halberdier.

Thank you all for your feedback!

I’m experimenting with textures + lighting for a little bit closer fit. We’ll see where I end up.

You are very welcome! Looking forward to see the complete SMX files. :smile: :smile:

1 Like

This is about as much effort I wanna put into it haha, added some gold, mixed with the lighting and tweaked the textures a bit!

5 Likes

Want to know the progress of this.
Now this is one of the most anticipated posts in the whole forum. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I will continue putting some work in this week and see if I can get somewhere that is more satisfying! Being updating plenty of materials to make it a bit more aoe2 appropriate!

1 Like

That’s great! In fact I think that the sprites you showed here 20 days ago is already a perfect work! Only need to complete the all 5 animations. And it will be more exciting to see your even greater version of the work. Thanks! :smile: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Maybe you can do some of the animation work with this website: www.mixamo.com?

Unfortunately, it wouldn’t work with the rig that I’ve set up to render the directions!

I try to make as much as I can in my spare time, of which I have little, so a bit more waiting I’m afraid.

But I’m getting there

showcase - Copy

showcase2 - Copy

A little teaser, did some changes

2 Likes

Probably you can firstly export the model into an FBX file. Then upload the FBX into that mixamo.com website. But I’m not sure whether it can handle the pole weapon well. You may have a try. :smiley:

This is so great. Eager to see the definitive SMX! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

How is this now? Is it ready for SMXs?

Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like

looks very nice! cant wait to see it in action

1 Like

Will this halberdier have more than 1 attack animation? More attack animations can be used in charge attack. :smiley:

I’m thinking about it :thinking:

1 Like

If there can be a charge attack, one more attack animation is enough.
Or probably you can try ActorCore to use some animation in its store?

Anyway, can’t to wait to see the SMXs :smile: