Sorry but nobody likes this casual rank

why are you on this forum?

Why do you care? Just answer the question

2 Likes

Chad, I’m sorry because this is so hilarious.

2 Likes

This is the main reason I dont play Aoe3de and stick to legacy TAD ESO. Sure the pop is 75-250 most of the time but its such a better system. I dont understand why they changed this to casual ranks. You cant balance lobbies and its 90% less fun some boring rank.

Ive been playing aoe3 since 05 and still have my 05 eso account. I refuse to ever play de until they bring the corporal/master seargent/captain ect ranks back. Come on you can do it developers! This casual rank is terrible and turning a lot of players away.

4 Likes

Ranked is nog steeds kapot

Ok im a legacy TAD ESO player and trying to give Aoe3de a chance. But what the hell theres no overall ranks like corporal, sergeant, lieutenant, ect. How the heck am i suppose to know if someone is roughly my level to join a 3v3 decan i wanna host? How can we split low or high? Theres none of that in this game.

This is very detrimental i cant even host a game no one is joining but in legacy eso tad i can host and players join. Theres no rank system lol, like wtf. This isnt even fun at all. Theres nothing to play for, i miss the militarily ranks so bad. Why must these bad decisions be made? ESO worked great.

This is unplayable, no friends list nothing. I wish Eso tad wasnt dying I want to play de but this online setup is just very bad. 2005 on gaming was good Eso online was great and now we have a far inferior service. unbelievable.

4 Likes

Solution is to not play casual. Stick with ranked play only, that’s where proper ranking is.

1 Like

So true !!! The game is trash now but making new op civ is the only thing there doing now !

2 Likes

Solution is for FE to put proper ranks back into the game, or better yet, to build a time machine and go back to pre-release when they should’ve had them in there at the first place.

3 Likes

I cant choose which map or nothing in ranked, its like a quick search. Couldnt find a game after 1min of searching. Why would i play something where i cant choose my map or host my own ranked game? No one ever plays quicksearch not in 15yrs. Thats not how u play the game since 05 no one does that.

With legacy dying and this terrible online system maybe its time to move on. So sad Aoe3 has the best mp in series. Ive been playing Aoe3 since 05 but this new online system has killed it. The people whove made it never played eso or the game for more than 20min.

1 Like

Yeah they really blew it. You can’t even choose your color in quick search.

1 Like

It’s because ranked is no longer done in the lobby system.

Before it was very easy to fake your rank, now it’s proper ranked matchmaking where you don’t know your opponent or civ your facing until the game launches it’s much better and more competitive.
Just go in ranked invite your friends and search for a 3v3.

The hosted games are now just casual games, nothing to do with ranked.

1 Like

Much better? I know I’ve faced a few smurfs on the odd occasion but certainly not enough to justify castrating the lobby system and alienating a huge amount of the fanbase.

2 Likes

The new ranked system is far better, you get evenly matched by elo. Never had any issues with it. Before you got people not wanting to play against certain civs or only using certain civs on certain maps. It was not competitive by any stretch.

I don’t see the issue with the new rank either, it serves it’s purpose just for casual games where rank doesn’t matter, if it’s not casual then they should be queueing in ranked, not hosting a casual game because there it doesn’t matter.

3 Likes

For me the new system is significantly better as I do mostly play ranked and without this kind of system, it would be a lot less attractive to play.

Now does that mean casual players that want to create their own lobbies shouldnt have different causal ranks to indicate some skill? No they probably should, if it attracts casual players and it is a functioning system! Go ahead.

2 Likes

Here is my solution:

1. Change the current ranking star thing system to the old names from ESO with no differences
  2. Change the name of the casual system to “ranked”
  3. Change the name of the ranked system to “hardcore tryhards”

Everybody wins

1 Like

or change the name of the casual system to ‘noobs’, and the the name of the ranked system to ‘people actually good at the game’.

Thanks for your valuable comment --_–

Was replying to the other valuable comment above mine :slight_smile:

1 Like

I play like this exclusively nowadays. Quicksearch is amazing, much better that dealing with bad hosts for 30 minutes to get any kind of game going.

4 Likes