Sorry but nobody likes this casual rank

well, the balanced game was much better we could have 2 seargeants splitted and 2 subtenient splitted, but the map choice was always the same 3 maps out of 20 maps, and now will be like 3 maps out of 50

but well at least we would have good balanced team games.

2 Likes

this still needs devs attention

If devs really want to stick to QS for teams, they need to do the following.

1. insert you to a game lobby while waiting for other players where you can chat with other players while waiting (sick at staring at that qs timer while waiting 5+ minutes for a team game). While in waiting lobby, dont reveal what teams are going to be but only once the game is loading

2. Show everyones ELO, or give you ability to find what your allies and enemies elo are

3. have a smarter way to split teams. Like never stick a 1000 elo player with a 1800+ elo player in the same game or vice versa. The algorithm should be smart enough to have minimum and maximum cut off in elo.

So games should only consist of group’s of:

1600-2200+
1400-1800
1200-1600
1000-1400
<1000-1200

1. teaming up in QS is a tough thing to fix since it just makes the game so unfair for the other random team.

Ways to fix it could be are:

• not allow it (this wont be a problem if the previous point is implemented)
  • elo penalty (higher elo loss when losing game)
  • if they implement point 1 (stick everyone into a lobby while waiting), then if a fair game is not found after 4 minutes, then the teams are forced into random to force a fair game
1 Like

point 3 is vital… no more comments

Que vuelvan los rangos militares ya!!! Y su forma de calculo de subir y bajar de rangos, esto daba mucha mas diversión, ganas de jugar para subir de rango, tenia muchos mas rangos que ahora y mejor calculados, ademas servían para poder dividir los equipos de forma equitativa ya que ahora divide por unos rangos que no tienen sentido no se si es porque se calculan mal o porque tiene pocos rangos pero al final ves cómo alguien que se supone que era bueno por su rango, tesulta que a penas sabe subir de edad….arreglen esto porque esta matando el juego desde hace mucho tiempo y cada vez es más aburrido por no poder nivelar los equipos….Cambien esto de una vez!!!

3 Likes

All you said is true I been playing aoe 3 since 07 and the bigger sadness is something very simple CANT SEE YOUR FRIENDS OR OPPONETS ONLINE well you cant even know who is online in your clan . I’m in the Colombian clan [COL] THERES 30 members in the clan . some of them are very active but you can see them when they are online. Should i Use WhatsApp for this game ? WTF

4 Likes

we usually use discord

people are complaining in different ways in other posts about this same problem, in the end, many more people feel the problem although each one expresses it differently, but it is not solved, will there ever be a solution to this?

When will you listen to us ? The Casual Rank System is AWFUL !!!
Please add the OLD Ranks back

3 Likes

The casual rank again makes it hard to split lobbies properly in 2v2 3v3. This new system isnt nearly as fun as ESO with power rating/ranks. Aoe3DE i own but dont play. The lack of proper military ranks, friends/clans list and lobby system is an absolute joke. Still 150-350 of us play online in TAD at any given time.

The decisions made is baffling completely ignoring what worked well since 2005.

4 Likes

Exactly. People should not fear to lose in the ranked game. Some people cared about the elo too much, It just a number to help you to find proper teammates and oppenents, just ignore it!

The more people playing ranked game, the more balanced matches people will get. The more people playing ranked game, the more fun the multiplayer will be! I hope people can evnentually understand it.

Also simplized some mechinism of this game to expand the player base is essential too. Or this game will eventually die.

2 Likes

Deacuerdo pero no puedes obligar a nadie a jugar partidas clasificatorias, por tanto, mucha gente no tiene elo y no sabes cómo juega, los rangos que hay son pocos, exagerando, es como si pudiéramos solo 3 jugadores de futbol, pondriamos que hay tres tipos, o es bueno o es malo o es intermedio, pero a la hora de hacer equipos resultará que un medio a lo mejor estaba mas cerca del rango bajo y el otro medio estaba mas cerca del rango bueno, haciendo un mal emparejamiento desbalanceado por falta de rangos, es lo que pasa actualmente….
Por otro lado los emparejamientos del lobbie que hace el calculo para balancear, pone a 2 buenos con uno que no sabe subir a 2edad….y en el otro lado a lo mejor a 3 medio malos, que ganaran la partida por jugar 2v3 tan odiados y que pasan tantas veces que te desesperas….
En el juego de 2005 no había este problema y todas las partidas contaban para el rango casual y clasificatorio, ademas, había el elo fuera del juego, ahora el rango casual de lobbie por sí sólo no vale, tiene muy pocos rangos, no cambia en las partidas clasificatorias y por tanto no aporta información que debería llevar para saber cómo es un jugador….lo que yo desearía es que se pusieran muchos mas rangos (como había en el juego de 2005 o más!! Cuantos mas rangos, será más fácil saber qué nivel tiene cada uno) además que contaran las partidas clasificatorias para el rango casual (como en 2005) y aparte que hubiera un elo que solo contara en clasificatoria (que habia en el 2005 fuera del juego pero integrarlo en el juego).

Es decir, en resumen, dejar todo como estaba en el 2005 pero agregando el elo que había fuera de ESO integrandolo en el juego que creo que es lo que todo el mundo pidió y es lo único que le faltaba al juego, razon por la que se hizo fuera del juego…
Si pusiéramos en las estadísticas num de unidades y colonos usados durante el juego como ya había en elorating ya seria de matricula de honor….

1 Like

The old elo rating was light years ahead of this current system, the old Aoe site hosted a lot of statistics, how many times you had used a civilizations, how many units you had made, the winning percentage with that civilization and much more, the exoc ladders instead excellent because they showed you the games you had played with all the statistics such as the pr of the players, the elo of the various players, the profile of the single player with elo, pr, streak etc, the civilizations used in that game, how long the game lasted etc, then if you had posted the rec you could download the rec from the ladders and a link would connect you for a few weeks where it led to the statistics of the old site aoe.
We want this improved version with in-game player stats and old Aoe3 ranks nothing more.

3 Likes

Uff is true!!! I remember this now… the old Aoe site it was incredible.

1 Like

Whoever made the call to replace the old rankings ought to be fired and never allowed back in this industry again. What the heck were they thinking!?

3 Likes

Ah, You remind me the official data base website of Warcraft 3 out in 2002. It is interesting. I remember the Website can show us the most used heroes, the average game length, and many very interesting statistics, etc,. Also you you can download rp If i remember correctly.

But there is nothing to do with the mechanism of quick match making. There is even no casual rank in lobby of Warcraft 3. All people who play competitively 1v1, Arraged team, Random team games are thorough the quick match system. The lobby is only for the casual people who want to play some RPG or DOTA games.

I am also a casual player but i love to use quick match to play standard game mode too, because i just need to press a button and wait, system will automatically assign proper playmates for me immediately. What a time saver! This is the true system light years ahead the time. :smiley:

in 2000-2010 decade RTS is popular and many people are polite. People do their best in the game and we say gg and wp even when we lose, what a wonderful time. :sob:

By the way AoE3 is released in 2005. :grin:

1 Like

Me and many more continue to be polite and say gl hf, gg and wp even if we lose.

Although I like to be a bit of a troll and sometimes I say “hihi” when I steal a treasure.

2 Likes

It’s crazy to me that the devs didn’t even adress this yet, no mention if they intend to change the system or even if they are aware of everyone’s request about it

I think the developers can directly import the starcraft2’s elo system to aoe3: let arranged team and random team use different elo.

Arranged teams still can have chance to be mached with random teams, but the the result will only effect their AT and RT elo individually. In starcraft 2, how many arranged team a player had, how many AT elo he would have, and when he search oppenents in team game with specific teammates, the system will assign oppenents according to his current specific AT elo.

I already heard lots of players complaint that they always get bad random teammates. This is because they usually team with their friends with good skill and get high team elo, so when they team with random teammate they usually get low skilled players to balance the game. This is not right. The AT elo and RT elo should split, and shows only the highest AT or RT elo in one player’s data.

A pro team player may have high AT elo but low RT elo, so he won’t always team with low teammate and strong oppenents when he search a random team game despite his AT elo is high. Maybe this would let experienced player feel less pressure or less annoyed when they played with and more willing to help/guide new players since this won’t effect their achivement they have made.

Hasn’t MS acquire Blizzard already? Maybe build a Battle.net 2.0 for AoE series would be a good idea.

1 Like

The star is number of games played in last 30 days. Bars is win rate. So if you keep losing and plays a lot, you get a lot of stars but no bars. The bar is not elo, it is winrate. So even if you win against noobs as long as you win a lot and dont lose a lot, the bars will move.