Spring Update: Speculations, Suggestions & Beyond

This is supposed to be a big “update”, I can only think of three possibilities with the information we currently have.

1. It’s a massive rework for revolutions, maybe the french revolution was a proof of concept for the next patch?

2. The devs lied to us and it’s not a massive patch but an expansion with campaign and civilizations included.

3. It’s a farewell patch that fixes a lot of the bugs in the game, maybe adding some new stuff for all civs?

I don’t mean to sound pessimistic, but I recommend keeping expectations low to avoid disappointment. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

2 Likes

It won’t happen, they will make a 2-civ dlc and then at the end of the year a single-civ dlc…

2 Likes

4 Likes

POV:AoE 1 DE after Return of Rome dlc being launched xd…

1 Like

I would like an update on the menus, such as being able to see friends online.

An update of the pre-TAR natives could also be expected. With improvements in their current technologies and units, and why not, more new technologies and units.

A rework to European cattle would be nice.

An overall improvement to revs.

New minor factions for South America such as the Muiscas, and maybe a new royal house for Europe.

Naval and fluvial trade routes for the American and Asian continents. (Even lacking this type of trade route).

Improvements on old cards that are rarely used due to not being viable.

6 Likes

I tried suggesting that but they put them in Europe :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I think they could arrive in a future patch. It is something very simple to implement.

Of course the House of Stuart has and new all European Royal house this year to big update of spring incoming

3 Likes

hahaha very nice
well, this is my take on the current state of the AOE Saga!

:rofl:

11 Likes

Hey at least Age of Empires had their own sponsored tournament

1 Like

AoM and AoEO…xd :joy:

2 Likes

Some of my ideas here:

Aztec
Priest training speed -20%
Warchief aura 2.0x - 1.5x, plaza tech 3.0x - 2.0x
Fortress age up: 2 noble hut - 1 noble hut
give back 5 vills, 10 mace, 6 coyote

After Haud/Lakota warchief aura been nerfed, Aztec aura gives too much XP, making it difficult to balace this civ. 2 noble hut > 3 upgraded outposts, and with calmecac it is not a “slow age up” at all.

China
Tea export no longer gives 100 export, but the flow 0.35 - 0.6/s

This shipment can be designed as another villager shipment, instead of “a blockhouse”.

Native civs
“Agrarian ways” arrives fast.

1 Like

Lol, Aztecs just have one aura while others have 2 or more while have access to arsenal techs, cav and artillery (sioux have 4pop mortars too) and unlimited military stuff plus cows/bisons. Just not fair

2 Likes

I’ve actually spoken on some of these ideas before but it’s true, azzys just don’t have a strong enough military other than ERK spam. I have a few card concepts for them:

az_flowerwars
Flower Wars(III) - War Hut units and eagle scouts benefit from various promotions.
Coyote runner: Defense promotions(+max HP per kill)
Slinger: Skill promotions(+range, +attack speed per kill)
Puma Spearman: Valor promotions(+max HP, +attack speed per kill)
Eagle Scout: Combat promotions(+max HP, +attack per kill)

Historically, aztec warriors were encouraged to bring back prisoners, enemies they have defeated so that they can be sacrificed to the gods, this was the way to climb through the ranks as an aztec soldier and eventually reach noble status. At 4 prisoners, warriors are able to become Jaguar or eagle warriors. In game, the promotion mechanic could help azzy’s war hut units still have a role past age2. The promotion mechanic synergizes well with them since Azzys are all about taking great trades and snowballing xp leads, the promotion mechanic would help them meet their win condition a bit easier, and reward them more for better trades. And since they have the heal dance at the plaza, they can preserve promoted units for longer.

az_blood
Aztec Blood Sacrifice(II)- Upon defeating an enemy unit, your unit that dealt the killing blow will heal HP equal to the kill xp earned.

This one is a bit weird and maybe hard to balance, it could be strong and it could also be useless but it would be another way to reward strong trades and help your promoted units stay healthy in fights, to synergize with the previous card idea. This card also encourages keeping the azzy warchief with your army in fights for his aura, more kill xp = more healing.

Mostly these are thematic ideas more than stuff that would help them competitively but it would still be nice to bring some more life to our sun boys

10 Likes

Sicker still after 4 kills if the unit promoted into the knight version of its self. So coyotes became jaguar warriors. Or whatever the logic is for the at revolution card they have. Promotions are already quiet gimmicky so this would fit right in.

1 Like

Coyotes to Eagles (Runners), Puma to Jaguars and Otontin to Arrows.

Not a bad idea but not sure since they fit different roles

Aztec units are strong, the only issue is killing skirmishers from range, their only viable option are coyotes, easily countered by musketeers or canons (yeah lol)

2 Likes

Yeah imagine how annoyed you would be as your slingers turn to anti artillery. The savings on gold though, hahaha

1 Like

I’ve been wondering recently about the chances this spring update throws us a curveball and includes a new civ (Brazil maybe?) I am typically against free stuff but there is a precedent for it not only for 3DE but AoEIV as well. Granted, I did buy USA because I want to support the devs as much as I can. Maybe something similar to the USA event where you could unlock it via challenges or just from buying it. Just throwing the possibility out there.

KotM came out 9 months ago and while we were never gonna get 4 civs per year it has been long enough for plenty of stuff to be cooking in the oven. If that happens hopefully an Asian DLC later in the year is still possible.

4 Likes