[Suggestion] The hidden bonus damage of mangudai vs siege could be removed or other suggestions for nerf

Here is the ops latest topic.

Come on mongols are fine

Mangudai is the best UU in my opinion but its not op because you don’t hear pros complaining about mangudai.

but how do i counter sams?

With archers and HC I guess. Even their UU equivalent will work just fine with classic hit and run/meatshield tactics.

was mostly a reference to how SotL was like “you seriously think i’m gonna tell you how to counter sams”?

1 Like

Ooopsie 11

That is a bonus already on a few standard maps. Now consider different types of maps with more hunts etc. They will be far more strong than you and given that the ranked changes from months to months to different types of maps, mongols aren’t behind anyone.
For example, Indian fishermans bonus is waaaay more situational (that is why it was overpowered)

Where do you see me attacking? Hardform started to attack me from the start of this thread. Like I always said to you, if you don’t wanna discuss the topic, don’t enter the thread. If you come in the thread and start to attack, expect a hard reply.

Don’t used hyperbole, it is an argument fallacy called straw hat man argument. i never claimed this. I claim that they are simply too powerful.

Fast conqs and plums sure but fast arambai? They are way less viable than the other two given again their accuracy.

Try playing defensively with Teutons, you will know how powerful they are. I listed in that thread which is of no concern in this.

Lol, if you are denying viking is one of the best civs in most of the situation, don’t know what to say.

the purpose of hussars isn’t to face halbs.

sure like any ranged unit but they are easily countered and don’t have anti counter to their counters that can’t be countered.

Like most of the imperial upgrades

Hmm, yes it would

don’t put words on my mouth. I said raids in general with hussars and scouts are more effective because spearman line is slow. Lithuanian not getting too much affected by those raids proves the point.

Argument fallacy, straw hat man argument.

Your argument in a boyar discussion was to link me a counter units video that sotl did (who knows which patch ago also). Don’t know how you think that is perfectly ontopic.

Many of the imperial techs in castles are expensive but that doesn’t mean civs have them it too powerful.

never said this. I only said this for britons as i don’t use them and saw videos that i never specified of whom that their range are too powerful even given their lack of thumb ring.

Thank you for my defense but leave it as it is before they attack you too in your next threads for suggesting something.

You know, i made thread with suggestions myself, and noone attacked me. I see many other threads with suggestions of ballance changes and i dont see personal attacks in those threads eather. This mean, the topic is not the problem.

3 Likes

You can read the comments, and see that they are attacking me for the topic (topics really). I will say that this isn’t the best of the forums. There was this guy that used catapult instead of mangonel and people started making fun of it and denying the topic.

I read. In fact, i read all your topics. Of course, other users were not kind, but this not apear in start of discussion. I feel like sometimes you just have to accept you dont always have right.
And this is for everybody, not just RoomOfTheEvil
And this is not attack. Unfortunatly, you are seeng as man who starts trash-topics. And talk only in them. Proove everybody, they are wrong.

1 Like

I understand that sometimes it might feel a bit harsh opening a thread and getting replies that say the idea is bs. However, communication is a two-way road, right? So instead of saying “xy is clearly op and needs an urgent nerf” why not formulate your concerns as questions to discuss? Your topics usually feel like you are 100% convinced although many people disagree with what you say. So maybe next time formulate your ideas as suggestions. The title says suggestion but rather you articulate demands which, and I have to agree with other people here, aren’t all that well reasoned. I bet if you change your tone a bit responses won’t be as devastating.

4 Likes

I usually formulate them as clear as i can in the main thread. The title is a bit difficult because it needs to grab traction. But i usually go and revise those things over and over, even taking suggestions from replies of the threads. In this one, i added the possibility to not give them siege engineer, for example which would nerf their siege that are compensated by their speed (usually how a powerful tech of a civ is balanced).

yes and on such maps, you pick counter mongol civs, there are quite a few. As for Indians, it was overpowered because they have another strong eco bonus to complement the fishing one. Indians are also a lot versatile in the late game and have almost full upgrades trash lines

your threads always start like “this is cleary broken and now lets get right to nerfing it”. It is clear from your history that you don’t have much game knowledge to call whats broken and your nerf ideas will just break the civs. You act like you know everything and your just ignore the points the replies put.

so conqs are viable but arambai are not due to the accuracy? Arambai can actually kill villagers because they are affected by ballistics, the accuracy seems abysmal but the missed projectiles can land on adjacent units and still cause an impressive 8 damage. You’re also ignoring the rate of fire, conqs take much longer to reload. Again Stop reading into stats and actually play the game.

1 Like

Well, sure if you know 100% that the enemy is going for mongols. I am just saying to you that it isn’t a situational bonus because it allows them to gain benefit in standard map and more in non standard maps, unlike other civs that actually have a situational bonus that don’t advantage them in anyway in most of the maps.

I always write that it is too powerful. I wrote broken in tatar case but their hill bonus is truly broken for their cav archers. I am like 99% sure given the replies i recieve that if one of the devs were to write that they would create an unit that ignores armor, everybody that replied to me saying no balance is needed, would have said that it was completely broken and the game is fine as it is, perfectly balanced obviously.

Given that arambai costs wood, it would be even more difficult to get them and get also ballistics (Costs also of a university). There is a huge difference between 20% accuracy and 65% accuracy. Also consider spanish as a civ, you can get their upgrades just with food and actually make conqs better. Arambai have worse defense already and can’t be upgraded armor in castle age. And conqs have more range.

Also, you don’t consider these units based on their rate of fire but frame delay which against advantages conqs. There is a reason they were nerfed in DE but arambai was made cheaper.

No, you don’t need to make the title half assed just to get views. We aren’t in facebook or instagram right now. This is a place to be having intelligent conversation so if you want to come out as one yourself, act like it too.

4 Likes

The people who had a problem with the catapult word were also very unintelligent. However the topic itself was in the wrong too and he got explained on that, iirc.

2 Likes

You are taking it wrong. It is to have more discussion and maybe get the devs to notice and think themselves for some kind of nerf that would fit more in game.

or pick mongols yourself, the benefit isn’t anywhere to the effect you claim on standard hunt maps. Also mangudai onager isn’t a popular strat because heavy cavalry counter it and its a slow micro intensive push. bombard cannons also work to a certain degree if properly defended, its also expensive. Removing siege enginneers is chopping off legs nerf.

by your logic, crossbows are unviable because they need ballistics to be effective too? If you’re going for a unit, you simply adjust your economy for it. Burmese also get free lumber upgrades. Also conqs need lot of food which conflicts with vill booming so getting their numbers is trickier too

There’s also a huge difference on how their projectiles work.

The dps difference is much bigger than the frame delay difference, and whats the point if you have less frame delay if you haven’t reloaded by the time you stop? Anyway, too much talk about arambai and conqs by now