SUPPORT FOR GAME IS DEAD - Devs delete Beta discord in response to question about updates

To my opinion it would be stupid to not play MP or call it useless just because it doesn’t have a rating system. No means to offend you with that. That’s why I decided to explain my point of view better.

About fairness. Even if you are a very skilled player who knows very well how to play this game, if you have to play this game on low budget or old hardware, you will loose against any average player without keyboard skills but who is able to boom out faster due to better hardware and so much smoother performance.

A lot of posts have a very negative bias (like this whole thread), but there’s much more involved on the background with even the slightest changes that people could imagine.

So back to the discussion. Would a rating system really make this game a better game?

I don’t think so at the moment looking at the whole picture of this release.

There is others ways but the blind people never will see it.

Age of Mythology Enhanced Edition is Dead yes thats right. But AoE DE has his last update 4 Weeks ago so its fine atm. But yes i missing SO MANY features. Like a Friend system. A Chat lobby. A Ranking System. anything that help to connect with other People. Maybe a Clan system and modding support. BUT NOTHING. Oh and the AI still need fixes!

@GluurakLP said:
Age of Mythology Enhanced Edition is Dead yes thats right. But AoE DE has his last update 4 Weeks ago so its fine atm. But yes i missing SO MANY features. Like a Friend system. A Chat lobby. A Ranking System. anything that help to connect with other People. Maybe a Clan system and modding support. BUT NOTHING. Oh and the AI still need fixes!

There is a friend system (linked to xbox app) and even clan (created on the website and appear as a club on xbox app).

Now it is far from perfect but it’s there.

@kinzo said:

@GluurakLP said:

There is a friend system (linked to xbox app) and even clan (created on the website and appear as a club on xbox app).

Now it is far from perfect but it’s there.

These millennials wants all-in-one app.

@Augustusman said:

@PCS70 said:
@“teutonic tanks” Besides the fact that input from casual players are just as valuable to developers as those of pro players, I don’t see a rating system make this game better, more fair or more competitive. You need much more players for that btw and a game that is able to run decently on a very broad range of hardware.

Some guys needs ranks, is like a medal for them. Casuals or guys like me don’t mind some kind numbers, because isn’t real thing you know. I only want to play, relax meet funny people.

No August u dont keep the point.
In team game now the situation is that if u do a expert game, and enter 2 noob and they go on the same team the game is not funny for anyone ( this is an example ) . Is not a problem of “medal” is a problem of relax and have fun to play, just know the level of people playing , so we can divide the 2 noobs for example and have fun with all…
I see many game when people are allowed if knowed that is a consequence of no rating sistem, cause if u have no parameter to consider your level , u think u are good and in reality u are so bad and u can loss time to play game where u cant have fun.

@Marra333 said:

@Augustusman said:

@PCS70 said:
@“teutonic tanks” Besides the fact that input from casual players are just as valuable to developers as those of pro players, I don’t see a rating system make this game better, more fair or more competitive. You need much more players for that btw and a game that is able to run decently on a very broad range of hardware.

Some guys needs ranks, is like a medal for them. Casuals or guys like me don’t mind some kind numbers, because isn’t real thing you know. I only want to play, relax meet funny people.

No August u dont keep the point.
In team game now the situation is that if u do a expert game, and enter 2 noob and they go on the same team the game is not funny for anyone ( this is an example ) . Is not a problem of “medal” is a problem of relax and have fun to play, just know the level of people playing , so we can divide the 2 noobs for example and have fun with all…
I see many game when people are allowed if knowed that is a consequence of no rating sistem, cause if u have no parameter to consider your level , u think u are good and in reality u are so bad and u can loss time to play game where u cant have fun.

Is good point, but the art of war is based in deception. Even a rank n00b can surprise easily or a cheater or something.

@Augustusman There are many ways to Rome.

@Mara333 Rating system as aid for balancing general MP is fine. Rating system as aid for hosts to kick players whenever they are noobs or online MP newbies is not fine. Then you should separate the competitive play zone from a casual play zone as I supposed already.

@GluurakLP There has only been minor fixes recently and has been no significant develop since release and that was months ago. This even includes features they took out and stated they would put back due to some bugs that needed fixing for them first. Also there has been no information about what missing features they are going to put and they clearly dodged a direct question about it.

If they think il will buy any other “remake” of AOE xxx edition they will be forgot my money… this is the baddest thing they can do , dodger every request, no information , they abandon the game to die fast …

@Augustusman said:

@Exemplis said:
Called it, would like my money returned.

Use your money in more wise ways. Don’t stress so much.

Dont see how that helps me given current situation mate

Hire a lawyer?
Send E-mails to them…?
No buy more game from franchise?
Wait for developers and practice some kind of patient?

@Augustusman said:

@PCS70 said:

The main reason we need a rating system is for people to be able to play with other people at their own skill level. Right now we have competitive players joining casual games and casual players joining competitive games. We need something a system that proves your skill level, and elo does exactly that. Would you like it if a competitive player join your causal game and rushed you within 10 minutes? Doesn’t sound fun for someone playing casually.

@MonkANDPetard said:

@Augustusman said:

@PCS70 said:

The main reason we need a rating system is for people to be able to play with other people at their own skill level. Right now we have competitive players joining casual games and casual players joining competitive games. We need something a system that proves your skill level, and elo does exactly that. Would you like it if a competitive player join your causal game and rushed you within 10 minutes? Doesn’t sound fun for someone playing casually.

Do it. This don’t fix the problem. That system similar to AoE2 HD have an issue.

Don’t ever buy a game UNTIL you see the reviews later I been burnt to many times if you buy it early then it on you!!!

@MonkANDPetard
Not against it but they should fix a lot of problems first.

Are you familiar with the way a game like DOTA handles these things?
They divided their MP in ranked and normal. That kind of system I would actually like to propose, including the reporting functionality to use against players who misbehave or frustrate the gameplay in both modes. So competitive players have a way to redirect all those noobs. This could mean if you are punished you can only host games or join them in certain mode for a certain number of finished games or amount of time. Works very well there and with it’s really genius designed stats system also used with matchmaking. Some stats can be used for balancing in both modes, like preferable put people who talk more rude in chat (got reported for that a lot) together with each other, satisfaction guaranteed everyone happy. And so on with quiet players or players who afk all the time. A rating system is much more than just an ELO ladder or giving full control over this to the host except when he is hosting a private game. It’s a guidance system to deliver the best possible experience for every player.

@Augustusman
What’s that AoE2 HD issue btw?

@PCS70 said:
@MonkANDPetard
Not against it but they should fix a lot of problems first. It isn’t even running in Full HD (1920x1080) on my enough capable hardware anymore. :cry:

Are you familiar with the way a game like DOTA handles these things?
They divided their MP in ranked and normal. That kind of system I would actually like to propose, including the reporting functionality to use against players who misbehave or frustrate the gameplay in both modes. So competitive players have a way to redirect all those noobs. This could mean if you are punished you can only host games or join them in certain mode for a certain number of finished games or amount of time. Works very well there and with it’s really genius designed stats system also used with matchmaking. Some stats can be used for balancing in both modes, like preferable put people who talk more rude in chat (got reported for that a lot) together with each other, satisfaction guaranteed everyone happy. And so on with quiet players or players who afk all the time. A rating system is much more than just an ELO ladder or giving full control over this to the host except when he is hosting a private game. It’s a guidance system to deliver the best possible experience for every player.

@Augustusman
What’s that AoE2 HD issue btw?
Smurfs
In online gaming, a smurf is an experienced player who uses a new account to deceive other players into thinking he’s a noob (newbie). The purpose is usually to play against less skilled opponents who will under-estimate the ‘smurf’. The expected result is that the smurf will pwn (dominate) his opponents and humiliate them further as they have been now beaten by an apparent noob.

@Augustusman One thing is sure, no real smurfing possible with AOE DE. Would get too expensive for smurfs.

@PCS70 said:
@Augustusman One thing is sure, no real smurfing possible with AOE DE. Would get too expensive for smurfs.

What does that even mean it would be too expensive for smurfs? Wut?

@MonkANDPetard said:

@PCS70 said:

What does that even mean it would be too expensive for smurfs? Wut?

AOE DE purchase is connected to your MS account, changing your gamer tag after the first time for free will cost you some money. And creating new account will require you to buy the game again.

I’ve found you can play with other accounts as long as the original account installs the game. Weirdly you can do plays simultaneously - dones some LAN games with my gf with a single copy that way.