The game does not show the Moscow principality, you need a complete processing or a separate civilization on the example of Sicily

R: Those damn Goth kids, setting up those warcamps all over the countryside, chanting their Arian Christian hymns at full volume late into the night, dressed all in leather and chainmail, and bring up all the girls in my villa to see such spectacle and get drunk on mead…
Barbarism, I say!

G: Ok, Roman.

3 Likes

these are different concepts of barbarism

1 Like

It was a funny joke, and you know it.

3 Likes

there is a point of view that the medieval period in history is not uniform for all countries,so according to a significant number of people it is difficult to speak with confidence about the beginning of the new time in the Russian state until the beginning of the reign of Peter the Great, and this is if anyone does not know the end of the 17th century, so talking about the time of troubles, and the reign of Ivan the terrible, I am in no way embarrassed by the mark of 1500 years for most of Europe, and in the game there is not even a word about this, it is unfair given that we have not been under the Mongol yoke for a single century, Kievan Rus nothing ended, Novgorod and Moscow have not lost their identity since those times but there is not a single word about them although even taking into account the framework of the 15th century after Kievan Rus there was at least Ivan 3, who under his rule was able to collect many territories Into a single state not limited to once lost

damn this new expanion opened justified, but annoying requests of every political state

13 Likes

We really need a polish guy here to say how slaves are not representing poles

4 Likes

Dude, there’s a civ that explicitly represents the rus’ in the game, stop complaining, if anything they should add other slavic cultures that AREN’T represented

6 Likes

No point, this guy doesn’t listen (I think medical reasons exist)

4 Likes

Already did it. But as @DarthPyro4335 said he does not listening.

Edit: And I would add that Russians are better represented as Slavs in game than Chinese as Chinese in game or Khmer as Khmer in game.

4 Likes

Sure did! Yet its hard for me to imagine another “Russian” civ coexistiing in the game with the slavs we have now. As Bulgarian myself I have to tell you for every slav nation its very annoying when the first thing people asossiate you is a Russian :)) asif other slavs dont exist.

I have to imgine how a Serb, a Pole or a Chech would feel seeing a Russian complaining that slavs in the game do not represent Russia.

3 Likes

As a Pole I have nothing agaist someone who has diffrent opinion than me. Everyone would like to their civilization in game, to be well represented, etc. But yeah, It’s weird when you reading post from Russian complaining that Slavs ( one of those civilization that perfectly describe nation which is Rus’ overall ) badly represent Russians in game ( which is not truth ) and what’s more - need to be splited with Rus’ and Rus’ principalities.

4 Likes

we now have a new addition where the Burgundians and Sicilians are represented, while in the game there is a civilization that unites Poles, Czechs, Kievan Rus and “Moscow Rus” in the early feudal period, it’s just a stupid mess. Why do I separate Kievan Rus and Moscow Rus? because since the 13th century they have been " divided"(although they were not particularly friendly, they fought more often) and in fact never connected again

I’m just suggesting Civs for a new add-on

The civ in question perfectly describes Kievan Rus. All Poles and Chechs have is few AI rulers but nothing in the civ design suggests West Slavs.

Poles/Chech are catholic not orthodox, they do not have boyars, the Wonder is from Russia, the language has pretty noithing to do with West Slavic. The crest used is from Rus Ruler.

When You say Kievan Rus and Moscow Rus never united again Im not too sure what You mean. Moscow Rus later Russian Empire has all these and much more territories united during the centuries up until the 20 century.

I understand that You may be do not want to be lumped together with what is today Ukrain or Belarus. But Kievan Rus is the origin and where it all started for the Russian people. Adopting Christianity, slavic literature all these that would make you what you are today as an identity. I am yet to meet a guy from Russia who do not claim Kievan Rus as major part of Rusian history you may be the first :)))

On the other hand Imagine Poles and Chechs they have nothing in this civ design. Btw they also used gunpowder but the civ as all civs btw is based on some particulate state and peried for balancing reasons. The problem really is that with Sicily and Burgundy added now we all compare and think we might not be perfectly represented. But if you are to look at most other civs slavs represent Russians much more than the other cases.

Cheers

in the same way, we can talk about the origin of the Russian people in Africa, but I believe that the" source " of the Russian people was in 1478( in Moskow), and then in 1547 under Ivan the terrible.

Who? The Goths? they have Spain. The Celts? I think this is just a joke for the sake of Braveheart, and do you suggest adding Scotland to the game?

Westerns Slavs have the architecture set (red-brick is more typical for Central Europe; Rus would be better represented with the original white-brick set that was designed for the FE mod).

The design of the Boyar unit has some steppe/turkish vibes to it, and when I first saw it in HD, I assumed it was supposed to be the token nod to Bulgarians and thus, “southern slavs”. The Konnik design, otoh, is quite similar (visually) to the Vityaz heavy cavalry that Russians get in Cossacks, representing the actual Boyar cavalry, the kind that stopped being used after Battle of Konotop.

Overall though, yes, I very much agree that Western Slavs are the ones who got the short end of the stick as things stand right now, :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is an interesting point about the architecture despite this is supposingly the eastern european arch set shared with magyars, bulgarians and lithuanians. I quite liked the white one for sure. About the unit design cant say i feel the same but thats me that would only make a difference if it was clearly eaast asian or middle eastern design to me the boyars make sence as they are. On the other hand bulgarians would have been well represented from the civ too as sertain similarities with east slavs like: boyars and orthodoxy but these are things that just coincide while the rgiument is for the Western slavs anyway.

To me the real issue is that the civ is so close to Russians that I cant see how a Moscow civ coexist with it really. What I would do is just rename it to Rus and make smth to represent the western slavs. Its just the new civs break the rules really. In turms of umbrella the civ perfectly represents all East slavs.

you need to remake the civilization by adding a new company associated with either the time of troubles or with the reconquest of independence, change the druzhina and move it to castle age, Orthodoxy is simply reflected in the bonuses, remove all signs of Czechs and Poles, remove the bonus of farms make it an eco buff in the feudal age, add bombard and a new UT(how about treatment
monks of siege units?), and then balance the little things, add to the names of AI kings and princes of the 15-16 centuries and call it Russians or Muscovites, after all this add Poles and Czechs

So you compare the Kievan Rus origins with Aftican roots? Russians are not christians? and they dont use slavic script both adopted in thatperiod that kept the identity alive even under the mongol rule? You are funny I give You that. The years you state are very late in the timeframe of the game anyway but that is becides the point.

Goth and Celts are very general civs you could have them all over Europe in different period the example means nothing thats why I said “most”.

I have already said that the middle ages in the Russian state was until the end of the 17th century, as well as half of all civilisations in the game, the mark 1500 does not mean anything, everyone enters the IMP age at different times, as I said it happened in 1547, and according to the logic of the game, the Slavs lived Imp in the 13th century

Im telling you what is realistic/ What I would do. Not sure it would be enough for you. Change the name ro Rus or smth more resembling. make new unique Architecture style. Replce the AI rulers from other nations with more Russian ones.

About technology change I do not think a change is needed. The civ dont get gunpoweder for balancing reasons, orthodoxy is just thrown there to give some representation of the religion towards thats why its related with the monks. A lot civs tech tree is limited not only by history but balancing reasons.