The host SHOULD be able to select if people can use mods or not!

and it has no impact on casuals. so what’s the concern?

i’m sorry, do you think people are dumb?
did healfortress have to be told that teutons are incredibly strong defensively or can he see that the civ has excellent monks for keeping his units alive, strong defensive options, and castles with extra range, and go “hey this civ would be great at outlasting my opponents”.

casual does not mean stupid.
i can sit there and see the incan bonus and see that my villagers are stronger then others. knowing what i know from korean tower rushes i know that with stronger villagers, my villagers are more likely to win villager wars, which means my tower rushes will thus be stronger too.

except all that leads too is everyone playing franks. is this age of franks? or is it age of empires.

yes really - i know plenty of people who never step foot into multiplayer and only do single player content.

yeah patrol with archers works so well doesn’t it. especially when facing cavalry and onagers?

because with small trees i can see where a better spot is at a glance then i can with large trees.

or maybe someone sees it as an improvement.

2 Likes

I don’t know enough about CBA to answer that question but what I’m saying is graphics mods changing the game’s original look like the cube mods are defacing the devs’ work.

If it did then the devs themselves wouldn’t put them as official mods also everyone has the right to play the game and enjoy it however they want for me its not having trees blocking my view.

1 Like

then making new maps, making new scenarios, and making new campaigns is defacing the game because you are saying the devs maps, scenarios and campaigns aren’t good enough.

1 Like

I guess colorblind people shouldn’t play the game then since they can’t see the game the way it was “'meant” to

2 Likes

It’s a change specifically done for the pros, they spent time implementing a feature for the pros when they could have spent that time adding something cool like the ability to maximize the mini-map.

Then focus on the archers and leave the villagers standing there.

Imagine the layout of the tiles and then look at the base of the trees.

Who?

That’s true because the devs always want to adhere to historical accuracy with their official campaigns and bore people to death with history.

I would never say that.

Even without @IcarusDuCer this thread seems to escalate in a useless discussion about nothing. Good job! :rofl:

5 Likes

It’s a useless discussion but it is about something.

Changes like new campaigns? Not to mention going back and improving the previous campaigns, changes like empire wars and quickplay? A whole dedicated section in the menu for easily downloading and advertising game modes? Yeah the devs certainly don’t give a damn about casual all they see is hera apparently

Bore people to death with history… In Age of empires. Thats a new one

And it was done for balance reasons. and being able to maximize the mini map sounds completely awful to me.

and now your economy suffers and you don’t have resources coming in and thus you can’t keep making units and lose.

except if the woodline is facing in then this doesn’t work.

my base.
x x xx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxx
the xxxs are the trees. i can’t look at the base of the trees on the inside very well on that woodline.

people like me, who want a clear idea of what is where. and a lot of people clearly do, since it was so popular that it literally has an OFFICIAL MOD.

lol, no. the devs don’t have anything close to historical accuracy in campaigns. and imagine not wanting to learn about history but playing a game that is based on history.

The devs should stop making balance changes and implement cool features which casual players will appreciate and the pros would disable because they want the game looking like a bunch of cubes stacked on top of each other.

They’ve added more then enough for both casuals and pros

1 Like

Oh so your just gonna ignore the things just listed which were all done for the casual player base and focus on the balance changes which is the only thing thats been done strictly for pros in the past year

1 Like

yeah because leaving civs too strong or too weak is totally the right way to go.

and whose idea of cool features? you like the idea of maximizing the minimap. i would find that a waste of time.

and frankly - if people don’t provide them feedback on what they want, how are the devs supposed to know it should be added?

1 Like

honestly i think balance changes are done for everyone. sure they affect the pros more, but i think everyone has been getting sick of seeing franks and mayans and aztecs.

1 Like

Having 6 villagers idle for a minute doesn’t cause a crash in your economy.

It’s cool, AoE II should be more like AoE III in terms of cool features.

Make the game fun not a competition people trample themselves in so the devs should make all civs overpowered.

Mayans are popular because of pros not because they are OP or anything, plumed archers are strictly worse than cavalry archers.

If you wanna see a game where there is no help for casual go look at Aoe DE , aoe 2 is fine and has more casual players than ever

It is a competitive game and believe it or not a lot of people find competition fun. Shocking i know

Because they always win, winning is amazing.