The Keep and Barbican in the face

the developers will make the decisions

Your point of posting irrelevant screenshot?

From steamcharts AOE4 has 5.450 players hour ago so you got there 0.31% of voting. How exactly do you think thats anyhow relevant to anything? Maybe all your friends voted “i dont like” and you manipulated the results?

If you want your voting taken seriously get at least 1k ppl to vote it and then we might have some sort of argument here but even then it would be less than 20% of players based on steam charts participating your vote but it would still be 1000000000 billion better indicator of anything than mere 17 voters.

Also not liking something is completely irrelevant to balance. I dont like playing against Rus, english or french. Am I making polls and asking to nerf them to ground? Nope

most of the community is of average level and without community any game dies

Congratz you failed again to prove your point.

127 votes which is hardly representation of anything just because it has been seen by 3.5k it means just majority doesn’t care or bother voting it. 127 is 2% from 5450.

More irrelevant screenshots?

And once again. Not liking something is irrelevant to balance. Balance is when there is enough counterplay / measures for opponent to deal with it and not just insta win button. So once again I repeat. I hate playing against rus, english and french. Do you see me trying to make polls to ask nerf them? No.

Asking for rework because something is unfun is completely fine suggestion, but nerfing isn’t especially when majority of players who feel TR is too op are ppl who make massive mistakes and lose game because of it and not because of strategy

2 Likes

do your own poll if you think you can reach thousands of votes. The data of the community and the little interest should be worrying, so it is not him for the subject, try to make a survey that thousands vote if you can. The community is medium level and they are casual and without community the game dies, definition of madness “do the same and expect changes”

This is not question if game dies or not. Poll is unreliable and those its irrelevant to make.

Most casuals look for PvE experience not PvP. Game offers very little PvE so most casuals move away from it and because devs screwed up with the release more the numbers plummet.

I do agree that having casuals is important for game and makes it very important to keep them playing but you won’t keep them playing by nerffing something in PvP that they don’t care.

Yes players are allowed to feel that something is unfun to play against and some cases rework might be important to do to make the game be more fun, but now we’re talking about nerffing something and not reworking which are different stories. Nerffing or making tower rush something that is not worth ever doing results again one strategy going away. Adding more counterplay to TR would be right answer.

For example villagers dealing more dmg to towers when towers are build. Could be decent solution this way if tower is already build defensively it wont be impacted but TR becomes more costly for aggressor to do because they have to invest more to keep tower safe meaning they have to start towering from further.

Game has already moved lot toward one dimensional play where every civ is super predictable and everyone does only one thing especially in TG’s (2v2 point). Whenever I personally get TR, I feel excited that finally something different from same ■■■■ that everyone does and what is even worse when opponent has no plans to do anything other than trying to build walls and stay behind them for 30mins which creates most unfun experience I can have with the game.

Also many players find it unfun because they don’t respond properly. They lack ability to scout and understand what to do against TR. At highest level when mindgames come into play its quite different story which again is completely irrelevant to us lower plastic league players.

I seldom agree with @BdelloidBore5 
 but i dont know how @HasanIchess is suggesting a STRONG correlation between the game dying and a 127 vote poll suggesting they dont like tower rushes

Again since you @HasanIchess want to use the average player as the measuring stick (silver 1? Bronze 3 before patch)? Then the BBQ SHOULD translate to WINS in those ranks?
Bronze rank

Bbq appears to be potent in the 5-9 min window, but any time after that china has less than 50% win rate? Which clearly suggest WHATEVER collect strats the bronze level player is executing IS NOT WORKING beyond the 9min mark. You don’t see 50% again until the 45-49min games???

Keep also in mind the VAST MAJORITY OF GAMES are decided in the 10-30 min window AGAIN china is beyond trash in that time frame with waaayyy less than 50% win rates ACROSS ALL RANKING

I can’t understand why the ANNOYING BBQ/TR from CHINA would be precieved as too strong???

I also posted about the Mongol rush in the dark ages and the keep in the face, and I think that weakening the keep or the outposts is not the way to go

Anyone can vote on reddit, there is no elo restriction, and I don’t think very low elos are constantly on the forums really

What do you consider low elo? Because I can tell you rn most of us are in the bracket where balance hardly comes into play and is not related why we lose. Im not personally at level where balance is always issue but my own mistakes or my allies mistakes are the reason why game are lost.

For example today I had game on danube river where my allie positioned his army to side and waited till opponent at imperial age (HRE) pushed all his MAA/spears into my base and was left to defend it meanwhile he went for counter dmg. I was able to barely hold it but took considerable amount of dmg. My ally lost all his army and did nothing to opponent.

After that we got pushed away and kept on our side of map which would’ve been fine but next engagement we were able to defend even when I had very little to bring to fight but next push was issue. My ally had 3 racks and he was HRE. He was last to reach imperial and when the game was decided he had 2 mangonels and like 12 MAA meanwhile I had been able to recover and produce +45 lancers and kept buying time by letting my base get destroyed while my ally produced from 3 racks 3 units at time and same rate he kept losing those units so before I left he had 1 mangonel and 6 MAA, meanwhile opponent both 50-60 army supply. I could’ve taken one of them head on and wipe them but not both.

So yeah even with the pressure I provided with my fast castle and tried to help ally to get more relics he lost relic war and was last to age up to imperial with no production whats so ever. If you reach imperial and all you got is 3 racks to produce with then its players own mistake and bad play that caused the loss

xd

The drop in player traffic is strongly related to the serious problems in TG, which urgently need to be resolved, and the lack of content. Let’s not fool ourselves, the ranked 1vs1 player base has risen slightly these weeks.

The idea of battering rams in dark times seems good, but the English with men at arms (15 s of production) would make them, I think, too strong

I can tell rn that dark age battering rams no thank you from TG perspective. It will instantly create scenario for english + any other civ than abbasid to do it and its basically uncounterable tactic.

But essentially this is what I have been saying. What ppl are suggesting is completely removing the strategy and even the polls from beastys stream got more votes and ppl don’t want it to go away.

1 Like

Can we just make in construction buildings take much more damage (10x or something silly)? This would help with tower rushes a lot too.

I’d like to see something like that apply to vils. They build well, they should deconstruct well too.

Would stop it from getting too punishing on the defensive side.

It would for sure help but what good would it do if you don’t scout it? Or if they build tower slightly further first and then just snipe your villagers or mongol having spears? In the end this change would affect the most at high elo where players are more top of their game and see things when they start happening resulting the strategy to be too weak and going away.

these people calling polls are not valid or use this strategy against TR or do this are the one’s that do TR every game with every civ. These are the clowns that got diamond doing TR and now they are here doing everything they can to keep their cheese alive.

If a strategy by players is making other players leave the game that strategy is not good for the game’s future. Wait some clown will come here and say that’s hyperbole or that’s a broad statement. STFU. you know it just as well as the rest of us, it’s taking longer and longer to find games and the MMR spread increasing everyday for matchmaking.

These clowns don’t care if the game survives or not they will pick another game to exploit and do the same there, these are the sub-humans that play the game to ruin it for others and not to actually enjoy the experience. How could you? Enjoy the same repeat clicks over and over to do the same cheese every game hundreds of times? Instead they enjoy the misery that they spread and that’s why they are here writing ■■■■■■■ PHD theses on polling, rather than accept the obvious which can’t be ignored by anyone. WHO THE HELL HERE IS GOING TO SAY IT’s NOT TAKING LONGER TO FIND GAMES?

They’re not valid till there is completely randomly picked ppl voting and at least thousand or more doing so. Otherwise it can be too easily influenced and if there is forum post “are TR broken poll” which attracts ppl who are more likely against TR than in favor. We can see situation from beasty’s stream. Something like 60% don’t want TR to be removed from game, meanwile on aoe4 forums there is similar polls that suggest differently. This is why these polls are not valid and shouldn’t be considered indication of anything.

Ppl who are unhappy are more likely to lurk on forums and make louder noise than the ppl who are happy. Ofc there is exceptions to everything.

I don’t play 1v1. I only play 2v2 and in current patch I got like 600 games and there is 2 instances where I have done BBQ/TR which both were “troll” games. 1st one was my ally troll afk typing in chat not doing anything and 2nd one where I tried to force remaining opponent leave the game as fast as possible cuz his ally quit. Yet here im saying it shouldn’t be removed from the game because it makes game more one dimensional and dull which we have already seen happening with prof scouts, stone wall towers, firelancers and upcoming siege changes.

Those players who leave because of TR would find something else to complain and leave anyway. Ppl who just leave because “oh they do this I dont want to deal with it” will absolutely leave because of something else in that scenario.

Ruin what for others? You do understand in PvP game opposite side is not there to please you. They’re mainly there to win a game not make sure you’re jumping out of joy. If you cant find enjoyment from PvP then Id recommend you to play PvE based games because clearly PvP is not something you’re suited for.

So let me ask you. What kind of match you would want? Tell me in detail what way you would enjoy the match?

dude you can try and justify this cheese however you want, it’s a cheese strategy just like the cannon rush of sc2. that strategy was cheese and that’s that even tho it was used by pros but they still called it cheese because they knew it was cheese. and guess what there were nerfs and changes specifically to allow for that strategy to be punished.

not in AOE 4 but it’s coming. the execs don’t care about TR they care if they game is losing players and that’s quiet evident to everyone. if you want to refute this please tell me have you been waiting longer and longer for games and seen the custom game cue disappear and seen how unmatched the ranked matchmaking is? yeah keep up you valid strategy, those players you say will leave anyways are the players that are looking for a game to give their time to, they will leave only if the game is not worth their time. no one is here playing a game wanting to go pro they play to have fun and this cheese is not fun for the other half
 you can beat your drum all you want. let’s wait and see what happens then you can debate weather you were correct or not.

By the way I don’t mind the TR, I have figured my way to deal with it and it’s quite fun for me. I complain because my games are getting shittier because of people leaving due to this cheese. it does annoy me when a Rus or a French or even the damn HRE start to tower rush? it’s like no matter what the civ just go build a tower. every game is turning into the same sets of clicks and scouting. where is it coming, where to block it, when to push and kill. every game same thing over and over.

1 Like

A match where I am not doing the same damn thing every game. every game it’s the same, scout the villie. scout the second villie. where is tower coming. Where will i block it. build counter and push
 end. every second game is the same. It gets boring and now the matches are so skewed in skill cuz player base is so low due to this crap.

1 Like