The Napoleonic Wars - European DLC propose

Hallo zusammen,

entschuldigt meine Frage bitte, welche mit diesem Thema leider nichts zu tun hat, BIN ABER VERZWEIFELT!
Seit nun mehr drei Wochen kann ich keine Steamplayer mehr im Multiplayer Mod sehenl.
Dadurch kommen nur sehr sehr sehr wenig Spiele zu stande. Da war vorher komplett anders.

BITTE BITTE eine Hilfe.

Danke und Wololoh

I think this resource is too much in sync with this DLC. You can talk about it here :wink:

Thanks, nice to meet you :blush:

I would love such a campaign, but it is known that it would require a lot more work and financial outlay from Historical Battles. Maybe one day the creators will decide to do it?

As I said, “Progress” would be produced by the Arsenal and the Factories - both of these buildings would have the highest “Progress” production multiplier. Dock, Market, Town Center and Trading Post (could be switched to “Progress” similar to XP or other resources) would also produce “Progress” but much less and slower.

In order to spend “Progress” we need a Wonder, which cannot be built until the Imperial Age. A specific “Progress” number would be required to build a Wonder - not wood.

In Wonder, you could exchange “Progress” points for Unique Units (old European civs would also get them in this DLC), Home City cards, powerful bonuses or other perks.

You can identify this resource as Imperial Age variation for European civs. Due to the fact that it was impossible to spend this resource in the previous Ages, it would be possible to gain a greater advantage at the end of the game - if we were the first to build the Wonder.

Of course, in online entertainment, you could play with people who have this DLC and use its content without this DLC - you could turn off this resource before playing Skirmish or Multiplayer.

1 Like

try to verify your files, also make sure you aren’t running mods.

In fact, if you think about it, you can do it xDDD

People argue that some potential civs do not deserve to appear in this game due to the fact that they did not have a colonial empire despite being continental empires. By creating a new group of European civs, we can solve this problem in an attractive way.

European non-colonial Empires would have a unique resource about which I already wrote - “Progress” (its name may also be different, eg Splendor). These civilizations would have a unique Age Up like USA civ “Federal States” Age Up mechanic, which would differ for a particular civ only in name and visualization (Italians - Età Comunale; Austro-Hungary - Kronland; Prussians - Provinzen; Poland-Lithuania - PLC Royal Election; Holy Roman Empire (Germans civ) - HRE Electors).

Italians, Austro-Hungary, Prussia, Poland-Lithuania and Holy Roman Empire (present Germans civ) - European non-colonial civs + potentially also the Ottomans civ

These civilizations would have default European Buildings and Units. The difference would be that these civs would have the content I described in this topic - new resource and Wonders; Hospital and more animals at Livestock Pen. Each of these civs could also have its own unique architecture like American, African and Asian civs - after all, old European civs have colonial architecture :wink:

Italians though had a colonial empire.

During the renaissance, Venice and Genoa had multiple colonies, crete, cyprus, the crimea, the peloponnese, istria, dalmatia.

The kingdom of naples and sicily also hold some territories in the north africa for a bit of I’m not mistaken.

Then the kingdom of Italy, while it wasn’t the british empire, had its share of colonies. Libia, Eritrea, Somalia, Rodes and the Dodecanese, so it can be considered a standard European civ.

The age up sistem should still be unique, and its contraddistingue feature, but it may not need an unique resource.

1 Like

Unless for this DLC in place of Italians civ you could give Poland-Lithuania civ. Then the Italians civ would share DLC with Denmark-Norway civ.

The German Colonial Empire arose literally at the end of the AoE 3 timeframe, so the Prussians, Austria-Hungary and the Holy Roman Empire (now Germans civ) can be considered non-colonial powers.

1 Like

Denmark and Italy should be added as standard european civs.

For polish-lituania is more complicated… but in a continental context they could be justified anyway.

Denmark - yes, Italians - it’s hard to decide. But still, the problem would be to present it well. Perhaps a visual alteration of European Politicians would allow for the Età Comunale I propose.

After all, Poland treated Ukraine as its colony - unfortunately seriously. But it is known that this is not the same as the real colonial empires.

Austro-Hungary, Prussians, Poland-Lithuania, Italians and Holy Roman Empire (present Germans civ) - European non-colonial civs

These civs would have revolutions on non-European maps based on the countries with the highest number of immigrants from these powers.

European Civilizations:

Colonial powers civs (classic type of European civilization):

1. British
  2. Dutch
  3. French
  4. Ottomans
  5. Portuguese
  6. Russians
  7. Spanish
  8. Swedes
  9. Denmark-Norway (new civ)

Non-colonial powers civs (new type of European civilization):

1. Holy Roman Empire (present Germans civ)
  2. Austro-Hungary (new civ)
  3. Poland-Lithuania (new civ)
  4. Prussians (new civ)
  5. Italians (new civ)
3 Likes
  • Devoid of colonial content (Unique Hero in place of Explorer and no HC cards referring to colonialism)
  • New ships (more continental) in place of the default ships
  • Uhlan replaces the Hussar by default for these civs
  • in Germans civ, the changes should be as little invasive as possible
  • New unique resource - Splendor
  • One unique building for each civs
  • unique Age Up like USA civ “Federal States” Age Up mechanic, which would differ for a particular civ only in name and visualization (Austro-Hungary - Kronland; Prussians - Provinzen; Poland-Lithuania - PLC Royal Election; Holy Roman Empire (Germans civ) - HRE Electors)
  • These civilizations would have default European Buildings and Units. The difference would be that these civs would have the content I described in this topic - new resource and Wonders; Hospital and more animals at Livestock Pen. Each of these civs could also have its own unique architecture like American, African and Asian civs - after all, old European civs have colonial architecture
  • Their units (both the default European and their UU) are less durable than those of the colonial powers but make up for it in the Imperial Age. In Wonder (replaces the Capitol), they can train powerful UUs, unlock new Home City cards, get powerful bonuses, powerful upgrades, and other perks.
  • this group of civilization would be balanced in such a way that it would not be too overpowered e.g. weak navy, Heroes collect treasures longer and have a smaller LOS than Explorer, Citizens (replacement for the Settler for these civs) cannot collect Treasure and have 15% less HP
1 Like

Citizens, not only for those civilizations, if not for all European ones. Since if they implement new buildings, they do not fit in the slot and could be special villagers who can build non-colonial buildings.

And as a complement, let’s not forget the possible local populations of the European maps.

Settler for colonial civs powers, Citizen for non-colonial civs - to distinguish

This is not necessary because:

• Wonder replaces the Capitol - 0 slot
  • A unique building (for each of these civs) is a combination of two default European buildings - 1 free slot
  • Hospital as a brand new building exclusive to these civs - takes 1 slot

In this case, the number of buildings is the same as for the colonial powers :wink:

it is super unrealistic to expect 50 European maps, how many maps do we even have now? 50 i think? so you want to double that on one of the smaller maps in the game.

Edit: According to Vividly we got around 80+ unique maps atm.

More important than the maps (RMS), is the style of these. How many styles can we expect?
Alps, Mediterranean, etc.

With their respective fauna and their respective flora. Maybe new styles of water and cliffs.

I think the same…in fact a European dlc based on important European wars and battles: Pavia (1525) during the Italian Wars between Francis I (France) and Charles I/V (Spain-Holy Roman Empire) (you would play it with Italian mercenaries under the command of Alfonso d’Avalos); Kahlenberg (1683) during the Second Siege of Viena between Jan III Sobieski (Poland-Lithuania) and Kara Mustafa (Ottoman Empire) (you would play with Jan III Sobieski and his Winged Hussars) and finally Waterloo (1815) this being the end of the Napoleonic Wars,between Napoleon (France) and the Seventh Coalition (Great Britain and the German Confederation) where you would play with the Duke of Wellington, Arthur Wellesley…and then two civs for the multiplayer:Italians (Cesare Borgia) and Poles (Jan III Sobieski)…

Yes,but remember that the campaigns of aoe 3 require more time and are more complex to be developed than those of aoe 2, since the campaigns of aoe 3 have the cinematics in game and the decks of cards that are unlocked little by little…for FE to develop campaigns for aoe 3 would require a year of development and it is not that aoe 3 has so many players to do that, and also the players of aoe 2 would complain that they are being left aside…

1 Like

Thank you for the answer. I am almost certain that no mods will be executed.

im sure im not executed mods!

For Italians, you should use the various states of the peninsula, instead of politicians.

Instead of comuni, I suggest you to use the term signorie. The former term is more related to the middle ages, and to smaller states, while the latter refer to the cities that in the renaissance established a bigger territorial domain.

The states that you should use are:

• Venice
  • Genoa
  • Florence
  • Milan
  • Rome

If you use a sistem similar to the african civ instead, you can add.

• Naples
  • Modena
  • Turin

For Denmark, I don’t know, maybe something similar could be still used.

If they established colonies (not just the presence of local garrisons) of polish or lituenians in such territories, then yes. If they instead limited to control the territory, then no.

I think that both had small colonies in Africa, but they were most small commercial hubs, managed by private companies.

Still, it may count…

1 Like

The large European DLC (old-style AoE3 DLC) could add 30 new European maps, the number of which could be increased to 50 with subsequent updates. In general, all continents should receive more maps.

European maps would be as diverse as the rest of the maps. New European animals could emerge such as: Common genet, Wildcat, European bison, Alpine ibex, Chamois, European pine marten, Fox, Least weasel, European mouflon, Reindeer, Lynx, Roe deer, Grey seal, European hare, Aurochs and Red deer. The new European maps would also offer brand new Vegetation and Environment, and of course brand new Minor Nations.

1 Like