The ULTIMATE Ludicrous EARTH MAP!

This is an updated repost of what I believe could be the ultimate ludicrous sized map based on Earth.

My friends and I played the official Earth map a couple times and since it was not possible to edit the map I decided to start from scratch and try to make it as detailed as possible.

I got some inspiration from another map I found on an age forum years ago but as far as I know nobody ever dared to make a ludicrous version so I made it myself. I do see somebody else recently started making continents as ludicrous maps. I wish him luck, this one took me weeks to make but months to improve.

The original map is a Nomad start. You all start in a single transport ship with 3 vils and 1 scout. And I would advice you to play with fog of war for more fun! There are a couple secrets on the map to find too!

The other versions I made are more fun imo just read the read me under the pictures…

The resources however I would say is quite a bit high at the moment but I really need to test the map quite a few more times with friends to get an idea of how much I would need to take out!

The general idea right now is every continent has it’s ups and downs. Africa, lots of resources but high danger(a lot of wild animals) Australia, lots of stone & gold less wood, Iceland is a great place to hide and survive, etc…

I’ve uploaded the scenario file on Google Drive . Enjoy and please give me feedback!! I’ve added a version with only the terrain too so you can add all the details yourself!

Would love to hear your feedback and make changes to the map accordingly!

The map terrain without detail looks like this.
World Map Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition TERAIN ONLY 350 x 350

The Full map (Capture Age)

North America

South America

Africa

Europe & Middle East

Asia

Oceana & Antartica

READ ME:
Dear age friends, thank you for trying my map. You’ll definitely love it!

imo map 5 is the best version I made to play with friends and AI! Map 5 is also the only version which works with AI.
You can play Map 4 if you rather set sail and choose your starting location yourself.

These are the versions of the map.

1. “Terrain Only”:
    A no trigger, no animal and no unit version of the map which you can edit yourself.

2. “Ultimate Earth”:
    The original version of the map including animals, resources and special buildings/secrets.

3. “Civ Spawn Start”
    In this version of the map your starting location is completely based on the origin of your civilization.
    Playing random Civs might be fun with friends or choosing a civ strategically based on their location!

*Note:
Everybody starts with a packed TC so you can still move around and find a good spot or move away from others starting in the same area.
However due to the many civs from Europe and none in Australia this game mode is not supposed to be balanced. You might want to use diplomacy between friends in Europe to survive hehehe.

*Latest 2 civs (dawn of the dukes) not yet supported. (I will add support to those somewhere this week)

1. “Continental Jail”:
    In this version of the map there are multiple Shallow routes between continents(infantry friendly version)`
    However, these routes will be closed off with sea gates which will open based on the in-game timer.

*Messages will be displayed to all players notifying when new paths have or are about to open.

*note: At least 1 player needs to play as color 1(Blue) for the triggers to work. If no blue players is selected the Sea Walls won’t appear.

1. “Random Start”:
    In addition to the features in map 3
    This map teleports and unloads your ship to 1 of the 23 starting locations completely based on RNG and then SELF DESTRUCTS!

*note: At least 1 player needs to play as color 1(Blue) for the triggers to work. If no blue players is selected the Sea Walls won’t appear.
*This is the only map which is playable with AI. AI’s will randomly be set on the map and once paths have opened they will be able to reach other continents by foot.

(For the newbies)How to play my map:

1. Save the file in the following folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AoE2DE\resources_common\scenario
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Users[Your user folder]\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\resources_common\scenario
    Depending on which platform you play on.
  2. If you want to edit go to single player → Editor and you should see it in the list.
  3. If you want to play click on game mode and change it from “Random Map” to “Custom Scenario” and choose the scenario from the list. (This scenario currently does not have any triggers and AI does not work)