The 'without sense' of AOE-3 that should be corrected

Here I will talk about the things that I consider to be out of place or time, or that simply do not make sense.

I’ll talk about the things that are meant to be true to the story or to the logic, but just don’t fit.

For example:

Zapotecs and Mayans in South America: Just ridiculous. Add new minor factions to replace them. Also, the Incas have Mayan allies in their deck.

They may also ally with the Zapotecs. Please change this.

They can also ally with caribs, but I don’t know if it is historically correct.

Speed of the camels of the excessive trade route: Why not simply improve the amount of resources it gives out, instead of speeding up the camels in a ridiculous way? Naval trade routes should also follow the same suggested pattern.

Bears as guardians of treasure in South America: In South America there is only one type of bear and it is not a ferocious predator. It is only in the northern part of the Andes. (Colombia and neighboring countries)

Outlaws of the old west as guardians of treasure on South American maps: We could create new outlaw units to replace these guardians.

The worse of all that it seems that it will never be reconsidered to correct: The strange way of “mining” of lakota and haudenosaune. The mine magically disappears when the villagers finish selling the skins. It’s just kind of weird.

Another one I’m not sure about: Seminoles as allies of the United States. I have heard that they were enemies, but it is only what I have heard and that is why I say that I am not sure.

Any other without sense in the game?

5 Likes

India’s sacred cattle use the taurine model, not zebu. It’s really frustrating considering how trivial this should be to fix.

India’s fishing boats have rubber tires on the model.

All the Indian outlaws are called “Maratha ______” for some reason. As far as I’m aware, the Maratha don’t have any significant connection to outlaws.

Training outlaws and mercenaries from a monastery is also super weird. And the whole monk hero thing.

There’s lots of wildlife that is out of place or misnamed. There should be no moose in Arctic territories or Wapiti (Elk) in Europe. The “wild boars” also use the warthog model.

The Plymouth map doesn’t include Plymouth. The region highlighted is Acadia, and the actual location of Plymouth is shown as part of Carolina. It could easily fit in between New England and Carolina where it actually is. If they corrected this, I think Plymouth should gain Cherokee settlements and New England should lose them.

The loading screen maps for the Americas are highly inaccurate and distorted (to mimic the maps of that era), but the maps of the old world are exact copies of modern maps. They even have modern geographic features like lakes on the Dnipro that were created by the Soviet Union or the modern course of the Yellow River.

Lots of the new European units are horribly named. “Northern Musketeers” should be called Opolcheniye, “Shock Riders” should be called Rascians, and “Mounted Riflemen” should be called Chasseurs. The Habsburg ones are just pure nonsense like “Dismounted Infantry”. I’m not sure why they’re trying to obscure the history by giving them such terrible generic names.

Medicine Men got renamed to “Healers” which was completely unnecessary and confusing. Their role in society was exactly the same as other “healers” like Priests and Imams.

6 Likes

Es verdad Algunas cosas

1: La infanteria de Linea podria llamarse: Infanteria de Fusileros alemanes o simplemente Fusileros Alemanes, ya que el ejertcito austriaco estaba muy compuesto por ellos
2: Esto es una vicion personal pero, el piquero que tienen los Españoles deberia se quitado y reemplazado por una unidad unica llamado “Tercio” Con su respectiva mejora de guardia “Tercio Viejo”
3: Los aztecas no deberian tener una plaza comunitaria sino un templo de sacrificios (aunque esto no lo agregaran nunca, y los incas algo similar pero al dios inti
4: Los cañones pesados deberian llamarse cañones pesados de 12 libras (un poco largo el nombre)
5: Los Gurkas deberian ser unidades de infanteria Cuerpo a cuerpo excelentes contra la infanteria
6: El rodelero Español deberia ser un tipo de infanteria de choque anti infanteria ya que ellos estaban hechos para romper las formaciones del enemigo (sobre todo las de piqueros)
7: por que los arqueros de la selva atacan cada 3 segundos en vez de 1,5 como todos los arqueros? (xd)
8: El caravasar de los indios deberia ser algo similar a un establo y mercado para los indios

y esas son algunas de las cosas que saque se que algunas no tienen nada que ver pero queria decirlas, tengo algunas más por alli pero no sabia si decirlas.

1 Like