Towers and keeps not firing

First thing I looked for in today’s patch notes. Not even a mention of awareness or roadmap when it’s going to be fixed.

Frustrating production ability! :face_with_spiral_eyes: :face_with_spiral_eyes: :face_with_spiral_eyes:

@SavageEmpire566 can we please get an update here? This bug has the same age as AoE 4. It is not possible to make any balanced mods which needs defensive structures without this fix. We got another hotifx, patch and update without any words about this issue. Sorry for pinging you again, i hope you can understand my frustration about this.

Best regards
NTL

1 Like

A fix is hopefully coming with Season three stuff (or patches right around then). That’s the target, but it’s tricky. Definitely being actively worked on though.

This is the kind of communication we appreciate @SavageEmpire566 . No matter if the news are not great, it’s understandable a bug may be hard to squash, but having a rough idea when we can expect a fix is great.

Thank you for the clarity!

4 Likes

Not sure if it was already brought up, but I can consistently cause it to stop working by selecting what units the castle/tower should target. When you manually select targets enough times it breaks it.

1 Like

I mentioned that this was the trigger months ago. Some replied that it’s not always true so I kept testing and even if you leave your keeps alone and don’t target manually, it still happens from time to time.

Hi @SavageEmpire566,

now we are close to the the upcoming season. Could the team fix the non shooting emplacements still yet? If not, will the dev team live with in future and focus on other things? It’s hard if i have to throw away the work of many months, but I’m slowly losing touch and motivation. I would appreciate a realistic answer.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards
NTL

Hi @SavageEmpire566,

I know there’ve been previous replies to this post but it would be really great to get this bug fixed. This issue is affecting the ability to create tower defence mods as towers placed near each other that fire at the same unit tend to stop shooting after a bit. Would really appreciate an update. If we can help too, we can provide information.

Regards,

MrMonday

1 Like

Yeah, apologies. Complications with this bug made me out to be incorrect here—one of the many reasons we are told not to give concrete answers. Which is tricky because you want them and I want to give them. So, while hedging a bit, the hope really is that is will make it into the next big update. I did make an extra note that this one 100% needs to make it into the patch notes. Sometimes things will get missed, but this one won’t if it’s the last thing I do before I am fired for giving too many concrete answers :laughing:.

3 Likes

Can you confirm now post Season 3 release that this is still unaddressed/broken?

I only bought the game a few days ago, finding out there’s game breaking bugs that have been known of and not fixed since release/over a year is pretty disheartening to say the least.

Read the previous post.

For what it’s worth, I’ve never experienced this bug once out of a thousand matches. Different strokes for different folks.

1 Like

Hi @SavageEmpire566,

is it now known when this bug will be fixed? I think after 14 months within the game that should be expectable. Could we please get a fixed release date for this bugfix?

Thanks for your support and a happy year 2023!

Best regards
NTL

1 Like

If it were going to be fixed in the next update, I would be unable to tell you that now :eyes:.

1 Like

Is this still a bug? I think I noticed it today… Enemy scout pathed into my Saharan Trade Network landmark. It shot twice with its archer emplacement, third shot I had five villagers garrisoned and it did a 6 arrow volley. Then I manually targeted the scout for some reason, for practice or out of nervousness. The next volley was only 3 arrows, then I think it stopped firing a possible 5th volley. The scout got away with 1hp.

It is still a bug. I’ve seen it less recently, but maybe because I’ve gotten better at avoiding it.

I still suspect it’s a combination of a few things: garrisoning inside the keeps, retargeting manually or repairing. If I avoid doing those things, defensive buildings keep firing indefinitely. Basically, the more you leave those buildings untouched, the less likely it is you will face the bug. That’s why you don’t see it at all in pro matches since those 3 things happen very rarely.

This is one that should be fixed in the PUP. I say “should” because we never really know until thousands of players get their hands on it. At the very least, it should be better in the PUP :laughing:. Check it out and let us know if you see this!

2 Likes

It has nothing to do with garrisoning or manually retargeting. if you have for example some towers which tries to shoot on the same unit, then really often one of the towers/buildings stop shooting without manually targeting or garrisoning. I can validate that easily, when PUP is over and the possible bug fix is in the main game. I’ve had bad experiences experimenting with the mod during a PUP. So i can validate it after PUP in my mod.

PUP Example from new Aussie Drongo Video:

Around 12:28 in the video, manual targeting breaks Keep’s weapons. The Garrison weapons were reset by exiting and entering the Keep again, but the main Keep Arrows no longer shoot. [Timestamped link below]

Later, around 13:09, we see the Keep not shooting anything as the enemy attacks under Keep, because it’s weapons are still broken from earlier. [Timestamped link below]

So this issue is still present in the PUP. Example above shows it happening due to manual targeting, but I’m certain it happens without manual targeting as well. If it happens when not manually targeting, maybe it’s more prone to occur when multiple keeps/towers are nearby, shooting each other’s targets?

2 Likes

I saw that one from Drongo. It’s a shame he ended that game so early but the keep kept firing just because he garrisoned units in it. Imagine that being a real ranked game and that happening to you, that’d be GG right there because of a bug.