Trebuchet hitting particles still missing after 'Chemistry' researched

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 41855.0
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

It works fine that there’s a hitting particle animation on building of each hit by trebuchet.
Once Chemistry researched, this particle animation will never be played anymore.
No matter how many particles on the screen at the same timer even no other particles displaying. All trebuchet after ‘Chemistry’ will not do any hitting animation.
Is it the game feature since previous updates or the animation absolutely exists but cannot be displayed after Chemistry researched.

Here’s the link can explain what I am experiencing:

3 Likes

I had uploaded a video link to explain what I am talking about.

1 Like

This bug still exists in the latest version 53347. Pls fix it.

Hey everyone, thanks for the report, we are now investigating the issue!

@ ChristheCo
Thx for replying. I found below two topics reporting the same bug, for you to track.

Trebuchet projectiles don’t have an impact animation after chemistry has been researched - Age of Empires II: DE / II - Report a Bug - Age of Empires Forum

Still no hitting particles of trebuchet with Chemistry researhed - Age of Empires II: DE / II - Report a Bug - Age of Empires Forum

Some players have tracked this issue and it seems it is a hardcoded problem.
They found the explosion particles cannot be played because of its name ‘impact_trebuchet_fire_atlas’, seems hardcoded, and cannot be read by game system.
When they modified all ‘impact_trebuchet_fire_atlas.json’ and ‘impact_trebuchet_fire_atlas.dds’ to ‘impact_trebuchet_flame_atlas.dds/json’ in file named ‘particles’, as well as the loading image file name in game dat file through the tool provided in game file, then the explosion particles can correctly work.

Any file named ‘impact_trebuchet_fire_atlas’ can never be read by the game system. Anyelse can be correctly tracked by game system.