UI icons = Traffic Signs?

Thanks for your thoughtful reply, @GorbMort. I don’t have time to respond more fully right now, but will try within the next handful of days.

However, I’d like promptly remove any ambiguity about how you think I might feel about accessibility options, or how you might make others misinterpret how I feel, based on a paragraph in your post.

The way you wrote the following can be interpreted in a couple different ways.

• One way is that you’re just speaking objectively about the topic without judgment about me, which is fine.
  • But the other way is that it’s like you’re trying to suggest that (a) you think I was somehow advocating that I don’t want accessibility options in the game, or (b) that you think I feel the game should just be made for the majority, or (c) that you think I’m clueless or unsympathetic about the demographic, or (d) that I’m somehow ignoring this demographic or wanting to, or (e) some combination thereof. If it’s any of these, I have no idea how you arrived at that conclusion based on my post.

To help show you I’m aware of this already, and that I am and have been an advocate for better accessibility options and designs, I dug up some of my old posts, as just a few examples…

From Nov 2019:

From Sep 2021:

From Apr 2021:

I’ve also made posts giving visual design ideas for those who can’t hear or have troubles hearing, which I hope are someday implemented in the AoE franchise.

I hope that helps remove any ambiguity you might have been feeling about my thoughts on accessibility options after reading my earlier post. I just wanted to clear that up so I wasn’t erroneously misrepresented,

With that out of the way, I’ll try to respond to some of your other thoughts in upcoming future days. Thanks again for your reply!

1 Like