Ultimate Potential New Civilizations Review

não não seria muito pesado hoje em dia, só apenas aldeões normais ou misturados com etnias diferentes como japonesa ,italiana ,espanhóis e franceses como as cartas dos malteses

se não fosse o mimi de hoje em dia poderia ate ser

[Revolution] SCOTLAND (BRITISH)

The Kingdom of Scotland was independent until the Union of the Crowns in 1603 when the Scottish House of Stuart replaced the English House of Tudor to reign both nations. After the usurping of the throne in 1688 by the House of Orange with a Dutch and Danish invasion of the British Isles, several Scottish uprisings and plots occurred in the following century to restore the rightful heirs to the throne.

These “Jacobite Risings” took place in 1689, 1715, 1719, and 1745, and many other plots to foment similar such Risings happened at various times throughout this time period. During these rebellions the famous “Highland Charge” was popularized in Scottish military tactics, in which Highland troops would fire muskets, crouch low to drop them, draw their swords, shields, and dirks, and then charge headlong into the enemy.

The Scottish flag (above) was used in Scotland as early as the 16th century, however the banner of the House of Stuart was often flown alongside it in the Risings and could be used instead. Alternatively, modified versions of the flag were used in the Scottish Covenant forces during the Wars of the Three Kingdoms, though that circumstance was less a revolt and more a war between separate nations. Speaking of, the era of Scottish independence (which technically ended in 1707) could be worth turning into a whole major civilization on it’s own seeing as it lasted a good chunk of the game’s time period independently and went bankrupt trying to establish American colonies.

1 Like

That’s true… but hey at least it was realistic XD…

Sim, é válido…

Sim, esquece, eles iriam cancelar o jogo assim que saísse a dlc…

1 Like

i always would have preferred the jacobites as a native group, but failing that a revolution wouldnt be bad either.

that said i doubt there is space in the british revolution options for scotland :confused:

They could finally remove the US and Mexico revs, or just add Scotland too anyway; I think Ottos have more revs than any other civ.

House of Stuart! Fits right into the current setup, only problem is being stuck to a few maps realistically. Technically they were exiles in a few other nations but that’s kind of a stretch for having a whole Royal Embassy out in France or something.

1 Like

Nader Shah (the one in Civ 6) fits AoE3’s timeline, right?

Of course yes
Nader Shah & Shah Abbas the great are best choices for possible Persian civilization’s leaders/rulers

Yeah,maybe a Jacobite revolution of 1745…

Yeah,he is from XVIII century but he reigns very little

Abbas fits better because he was comtemporary to Elisabeth,Ivan the Terrible,Amina,Akbar and Tokugawa (1580s-1620s)…

Great job, really well done. Sadly this game feels lackluster in terms of evolution and development compared to AoE II DE. Progress is minimal sadly. I really love Comanches civ idea. While Lakota is indeed similar, Comanches could specialize in total-cavalry oriented warfare and eco. Like horse pastures or horse ranches for breeding, food and coin, raiding, maybe mounted villagers, cheap, good raiding cavalry. Also their control of trade could be resembled with bonuses to factories. Their roster should be like 1-2 infantry units and 5-6 cavalry which would give them a tactical desire to boost cav speed for speed attacks/raids and distinguish them from Lakotas. Generally - while civs are diverse, this game lacks somewhat more extreme approaches. Aztecs are full-infantry civ and that’s really interesting, full-cav civ would be awesome.

Mapuches could be interesting too, but I’m afraid they would be too similar, cavalry oriented. IMHO Comanches require more interest in this game. The most powerful cavalry tribe in NA history offers now cheap and weak cav archers, where they put over 100 years resistance to US expansion and effectively stopped Spanish expansion in early XVIII century, raided Mexico and drove Apaches from plains. Kinda pathetic how they look as of now.

I don’t think they’ll put the Comanches in, maybe they’ll put the Mapuches in to put a Native cavalry civ in South America…

1 Like

Maybe at least expand them as a minor civ giving them lancer cav, anti infantry and more powerful than Cheyenne one. Historically accurate and more diverse. Though I agree and they will probably do South America natives now.

Yes, if they introduce a new Native American expansion with the Mapuches and Tupi, perhaps they will improve several minor NA civs (and SA of course)…

3 Likes

Mapuche don’t necessarily need to be cavalry themed, like sure if you focus on the late 18th to 19th century they mostly fought on horseback.

But during the 17th and 16th century they fought almost exclusively on foot for reasons that I hope are obvious. They don’t need to be a cavalry civilization, it’s simply one of the directions you could take the civ into, but since they stood independent and had a lot of registries of the many wars they fought over the centuries, they are very flexible in terms of how you can approach the civ, rather like the Haudenosaunee.

1 Like

Yes, it would be similar to the Lakotas but with boleadoras…

I mean, no idea why you need to point that out when the unit is already ingame. That said, it’s more of a gimmick than an actual, common way they went to war. 9/10 times they carried lances, in the rare occasion they actually felt the need to have ranged weapons they didn’t have a hard time trading for rifles with passing ships circumnavigating the pole.

1 Like

I would love to see the PLC, Danes and Iran in game

3 Likes

Yes, something similar will be…

Yes, they will arrive in due time. We know Persia and Brazil will arrive, but we didn’t know when… I see Persia and Oman arriving next year and Brazil and Argentina in 2025…

out of curiosity, what is the “proof” brazil and persia will come? like did one of the devs state this?