Units try to get out of the world

Game Version:

• Build: 38862
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10

Issue:

Sometimes, units try to (endlessly) go out of the world, like they’re looking for something.

Notes:

Apparently, only land units are affected by this bug.

ATTACHMENTS:

• Footage from build 38862:
    1594358954_trying-to-go-offworld-online-video-cutter.com
  • Footage from an older build:
    DASH_240
5 Likes

Thanks for the report SlenderBadger98!
This issue is now being tracked.

3 Likes

You’re welcome :wink:

Here’s another screenshot, belonging to an AI game I played last night, in which the bug occurred once again, to a villager:

1 Like

build 38862
Trying-to-get-of

1 Like

This bug is very frequent amongst villagers…
VILLAGER

1 Like

WELL this is is just creepy… its like… there is something beyond the darkness beckoning them! :scream::scream::scream::scream::grin::grin::grin:

5 Likes

In my last custom game with the AI, I got this bug plenty of times. Since they are constantly “moving”, they can’t be selected with the “idle villagers” command:
off-theworld

3 Likes

I think they are just ahead of their time and figured out the Earth is round and can get to their destination quicker by going the other way :joy:

3 Likes

Well that’s one way of getting out of having to do menial labour :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Issue affects armored elephants as well (build 38862)
outtahere

2 Likes

It’s still a bug in patch 46777.

You can see a Legion and a Helopolis trying to get out into the void.

1 Like

The bug affects at least these units:

• Villager
  • Short Swordsman, Legion
  • Helepolis
  • Armored Elephant
1 Like

You’re gonna have to add priests to your list.

The priest wololo’d the legion and helopolis into jumping off the edge.

2 Likes

I’ve never had this bug with any of my units but this issue seems prevalent with the AI.

1 Like

Seriously? Maybe you just didn’t use enough villagers to reproduce it. Try 50+ villagers working on wood, and you’ll probably encounter the issue at least once.

I only play DM so I only have to train about 50 villagers.

I guess the issue is not that frequent, then. In build 38862 I think 1/3 of all matches I played had it. Now maybe it’s less likely to happen. But I still think it has a randomness factor.

1 Like

Screenshot from build 46777:

This bug can also happen to the AI (build 46777):
IMG

This is particularly bad because it means the AI isn’t aware of “idle” units not actually being idle. Seeing it happening to the AI is kinda sad honestly.