US Civ

Hey guys, any of you know when the challenges for the US civ begins? The civ will be release in 13th, but the challenges when ?

1 Like

Not only that, but the civ design makes Japan and Sweden look pathetically weak.

Just look at the videos, USA is going to be OP, literally has CDB and Settler Wagons in Age 1, and gets it’s 1st shipment faster than Spain.

It should be auto-banned from EVERY tournament, ever!

4 Likes

You are absolutely right. I refrained from any comments regarding this because we dont know for sure, but if the leak is correct, US are massively OP.

Looking forward to the forum storm when they come. Maybe I will stop playing AoE3 for a while :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s a normal design choice, every new civ/champion/agent/etc on release is supposed to be way stronger than the others so the player-base learns how to play it without losing too many games.

They get re-balanced down the line. That’s a good thing and honestly very common.

Dude, they will have better Eco than Germans, faster shipments than Spain, Age 3 Factory, a Bank, better Caçadores and Organ Guns than Ports, a Musk that is stronger than Brits

It looks like something straight out of WoL, with all the awkwardness and OP crap you would expect from a fan mod.

No it is not, and even if it was, it is not supposed to actually do what All the others do, but better in every way.

They will need to be hit, not with the Balance Hammer, but with the Nerf Tsar Bomba!

5 Likes

I didn’t expect that it’s already 2021 and I still need to experience this

2 Likes

I solve a peculiar question: As a Brit I am playing against US. I decide to revolt and I select US revolution. Which Americans are the “good” one? :slight_smile: Why are my Americans worse than that of Enemy?

The whole US addition does not make sense to me

5 Likes

Since “their” USA has Settler Wagons, a card that disables the reload animation for Gatling Guns, Regulars are better than Redcoats, and it can reliably spam Volunteers

I say that theirs is the good one, and you are just stuck with a crappy Revolt.

1 Like

Playing as Chinese and choose the British consulate against Brits.

1 Like

Twitch Aussie_drongo is playing with it right now.(oof, EXP crates?? that’s weird)

1 Like

Yeah that’s broken so let’s add more broken stuff amirite?

That HAS ALWAYS BEEN broken so maybe purge them first before boycotting anything new?

I wonder how people suddenly pop out as “historical accurate” purists.
Was the game EVER like that? Was “historical accuracy” even a selling point of the game EVER?

I was picking on revolution mechanic

1 Like

I mean the timeline and match-up of the game does not make much sense in the first place.

They even gave teh USA a card that lets them build 3 Saloons!!!

Germans as a Merc civ has been permanently BTFO’d.

Jesus, this is unholy!
Why can’t the Euro and Asian civs get 3 Saloons? It should be base buff for them!

3 Likes

Ok they might have exaggerated on how strong USA is
factories on age3??? That’s really strong.

Even their Age 1 cards are strobnger than all others.
You can literally get 3 CDB, 2 Settler Wagons, a Bank, +2 Saloon build limit (and Saloons granting pop), all treasures, natives, mines and tradeposts revealed
 ALL IN AGE 1!

They can also get all Arsenal upgrade for FREE in Age 2!

Lol, and free all Market Techs too! What is balance, even?
Their Dragoon equivalent has more range than Ports Dragoon, with all cards!

5 Likes

At this point I have to ask you: Are you being paid by Microsoft or Drongo?

3 Likes

I have to ask you to respond to my points maybe?

Seriously, whenever I raise a counter-argument, you guys (no, YOU specifically) disappeared and then pop out somewhere else complaining “Noooooo people are doing mental gymnastics!”“Nooooo I have been bullied because people are downvoting me.”
Maybe debunk the mental gymnastic first before going for name-calling?

3 Likes

Me too, it seems that the developer has no ability to replicate the previous style

5 Likes