🗳 VOTE NOW! 1v1 Ranked Map Rotation - January 26

It’s that time for you to weigh in on the maps you want to see in the next 1v1 Ranked Map Pool! Here are FOUR of the SEVEN (total) maps that will be showing up in the next map pool update:

MAP 1 MAP 2 MAP 3 MAP 4
ARABIA ARCHIPELAGO ARENA ATACAMA

Now it’s your turn to vote for the THREE (3) maps that you’d like to see join the pool. Of the options below, the three that receive the most votes by Sunday will be added to the map pool on January 26!

:white_check_mark: VOTING ENDS: 2021-01-24T20:00:00Z

:white_check_mark: NEW MAP ROTATION: January 26

COMMUNITY VOTE: 1v1 RMR

Vote for your 3 favorite maps! Don’t forget to click the ‘Vote now!’ button at the bottom of the post once you’ve locked in your choices.

• African Clearing
  • Baltic
  • Costal Forest
  • Ghost Lake
  • Golden Swamp
  • Hill Fort
  • MegaRandon
  • Seize The Mountain
  • Valley

0 voters

Thanks for participating in this week’s poll! :white_circle::black_circle:

2 Likes

African clearing seems the land nomad we should have had!

Costal forrest has a meaning if sea has a LOT of fish

Wait, isn’t African Clearing already in the standard maps under the name “Bedouins” ?

If it was i missed it what where the characteristics of the map?

New maps, but no explanation of the maps? Or did i just ignore SP too much, so i didnt know these map were already part of the game?

2 Likes

The expansion is coming out the 25th, and probably an update too

Bedouins is an old school community custom map. Pretty cool to see it added. as well as Seize the Mountain (aka Seize the Hump) and Atacama.

Although, I wish they at least talk in the patch notes about what inspired them or from who they took certain maps.

For example the Four Lakes map, could have at least given credit and said that it was inspired by the popular community map Cross. Similar goes to the Land Nomad map.

4 Likes

Can you guys just stop with the voting system, there is not enough players participation in all these polls, without participation is quite unfair for those who actually play the game to get such ugly maps just because they are new.

The guys who participate in this voting will always vote for the most bizarre maps, they never take into consideration how unfair, boring or not competitive the map is, they just vote cause its wild and they love randomness, but those who vote don’t even represent the 98% of the total players.

If you want to be fair make the voting system ingame so all players can vote and not only those who uses forums, i think the goal of this was to get the players participating not empowering a minority.

16 Likes

I think they should add the poll in-game as well.

15 Likes

atleast its a way to invite more players into forums indirectly.

2 Likes

In-game poll is the way to go!

3 Likes

I am excited to see new maps in the map pool. They will probably be awesome! :smile:

I say ‘probably’, because I have no way of verifying. Always when I see a map in the map rotation poll that I don’t know, I check out the map in the scenario editor. That is the only way of finding out whether or not I like the map. If I hadn’t checked out Socotra when it first appeared in the poll, I would have thought it was a water map.

Now I miss crucial information. What is actually on the mountain in ‘Seize the Mountain’? Gold, maybe? Is this map like Gold Rush? How much fish is there in Coastal Forest? Is this a water/hybrid map or not really? What are the key differences between African Clearing and Land Nomad? I presume it is about resource placements, so do the ponds in the middle have any fish and are the woodlines in the middle big enough, or will everyone aim to build a Town Center at the edge of the map? Is Atacama like Oasis or are there important differences?

Do you presume we are voting on maps based on so little information?

Now I read some people are saying that these maps are based on popular community made maps (and ‘Bedouins’ does indeed ring a bell), so they will probably be good regardless.

3 Likes

Those maps were made by the community for various reasons, be it for fun or for tournaments.

They have already borrowed maps from the community with 4 lakes which was called “Cross” before being added to the game

Edit: and btw, nothing too exciting about them. Without a big twist, the meta has been already figured for all of them.

Bedouins heavily favours Indians due to the shore fish presence at the point it is basically a civ win.
Coast to mountains heavily favours Mongols due to hunts.
Seize the hump is a map where man at arms are really strong, so most of the time was either Celts or Japanese.
Atacama is just a really aggressive map where you need to control the middle to have a nice woodline and it’s kinda hard to wall, the usual top tier open land civ are good there

4 Likes

Totally agree on that. I dont even play ranked 1v1, but always choose the maps which seem most annoying, just because of, well idk, trolling i guess. (tbh it migth have to do with the lack of communication me and a lot of others have faced with bug reports (currently all fine on my end, but it was pretty bad for a long time in the past
))

Not sure why the devs just dont use the common name for this maps
 Why change Cross to Four lakes? Why change Bedouins to African Clearing? Why 
? You understand the question.

1 Like

Now I understood why Coastal Mountains looks so familiar. I immediately got the other 3 and thought Coastal Mountains is “Cape of Storm” - a map used in Two Pool Civ Cup - but player spawn is opposite to water instead of along with water.

Yep. Even if African Clearing isn’t a nomad start Indians will be #1 by a huge margin.

Hopefully the twist will be here. No extra hunt.

Now we have Bulgarians and Slavs too. Even Burmese and Magyars might not be that bad.

Khmer is probably the most favorite one here as it is almost impossible to wall and they can hide their vils in house. Also not building mils help as it is very hard to place buildings with all the small tree lines across the map.

The fact that they used 4 maps from the community instead of creating their own just shows you how much “effort” they put into the DLC - Laughing stock.

Every previous DLC had more effort put into it with 4+ civs, 4+ campaigns, new architecture sets, new generic units, techs and even a whole new water balance.

While this is just 2 civs, 3 Campaigns and OP civs to encourage buying the DLC. Added to a game where you can’t see which players are online, parties and lobbies have to be remade after every game, a matchmaking that is deeply unbalanced, a broken TG ladder, An slow irresponsive unstable game and patches where there are more bugs than bugs fixed, restoring barely functioning and most of all, not even able to choose what map I will play + no Save and Exit, especially in a game where disconnects are as likely as getting a meso civ at random.

Congrats, now everyone go ahead and spent the 10 dollar, surely the devs earned it.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if they charged 5$ for an ingame voting system - so yeah, go ahead - make a IGN Voting DLC