🗳 VOTE NOW! 1v1 Ranked Map Rotation - May 18

It’s that time for you to weigh in on the maps you want to see in the next 1v1 Ranked Map Pool! Here are FOUR of the SEVEN (total) maps that will be showing up in the next map pool update:

MAP 1 MAP 2 MAP 3 MAP 4
Example_1 Example_2 Example_3 Example_4
ARABIA ARENA CRATER MIGRATION

Now it’s your turn to vote for the THREE (3) maps that you’d like to see join the pool. Of the options below, the three that receive the most votes by Sunday will be added to the map pool next week!

:white_check_mark: VOTING ENDS: 2021-05-16T19:00:00Z

:arrows_counterclockwise: NEW MAP ROTATION: May 18

VOTE: 1v1 RMR

Vote for your 3 favorite maps! Don’t forget to click the ‘Vote now!’ button at the bottom of the post once you’ve locked in your choices.

• Choice_1 African Clearing
  • Choice_2 Alpine Lakes
  • Choice_3 Atacama
  • Choice_4 Coastal Forest
  • Choice_5 Crossroads
  • Choice_6 Gold Rush
  • Choice_7 Hill Fort
  • Choice_8 Team Moats
  • Choice_9 Volcanic Island

0 voters

Thanks for participating in this week’s poll! :white_circle::black_circle:

2 Likes

@BBQTurkman Maybe pin this and the other poll?

1 Like

There are quite a few maps that are maybe new (?) or rarely seen before! And when can players be able to vote in-game? I feel that there isn’t enough people to vote in this forum to truly reflects the community’s opinion.

3 Likes

can we vote on 2 vs 2 maps as well? I like playing with my brother a lot and would like some good 2 vs 2 maps

You can do so here, but it isn’t pinned yet so not very visible:

Vote for that Atacama people

7 Likes

Definitely. There needs to be some kind of way to vote for new maps on the main menu/ranked menu of DE in-game, instead of having to find a forum post for it. It’d make sure everyone who plays ranked can have a say.

2 Likes

Why people vote for gold rush which has already been in the map pool the last 15 rotations? I would really love to see new maps once honestly and get rid of Arabia /Arena every rotation pls , they are already boring to play after 10000000 games

4 Likes

They are still the most played maps in almost every map pool… People in general prefer open maps over closed maps. That is why you see maps like golden pit get a lot of votes in every voting.

No thanks. It’s just an Arabia clone

1 Like

guess why they are the most played, cause there is no alternative and people dont know the other maps, there are several tournaments running where everytime 10+ new maps get designed (wololo, world desert championship etc etc ) and never added to the mappool sadly… those are open maps but not an arabia clone like atacama or golden pit

there are thousands and thousands of maps in aoe2
maybe 300 of them are good enough (compared to the mediocre DE maps)

if 3 out of 7 maps were brand new to ranked every rotation, they would not run out of new maps for 4 years. instead it’s just the same scenarios over and over again

3 Likes

have you seen that map? If Atacama is Arabia clone for you, you probably don’t know much about the game

3 Likes

yeah you go for the same meta, no need for your useless insult

1 Like

you don’t go for the same meta, the map is played absolutely differently

2 Likes

Won’t even let us vote for nomad?

1 Like

Because we don’t like some the other maps presented. If Ghost Lake, Valley and hideout would be in the list maybe i wouldn’t vote for gold rush.

Atacama feels more aggressive, you have no safe woodline in the back and it’s hard to fully wall.

But I would prefer Atacama to be one of devs’ picks, replacing Arabia, once in a while.

1 Like

ah, perfect

Socotra is especially interesting

2 Likes

i didn’t like map pool