We need some Expansions

I am pretty sure AoE3DE will have one expansion and it will have either African or European maps + 2 or 3 new civ.

2 Likes

i think there will be expansionsā€¦ the number of historical battles we have now is not enough

1 Like

I would absolutely buy expansions for more Historical Battles, campaigns, and civs :slight_smile: Especially the former. Or AoE2 style Battles of the Conquerors single-map mini-campaigns (though given the lag in this engine, that might not work out great).

1 Like

I want that asian expansion pack now!!

2 Likes

An Africa DLC with those factions would be incredible. Iā€™d love to see the Kongolese - Central Africa deserves more attention - but I think they would opt for the Zulu due to the Zulu being more widely known, them having an extensively documented military system, and having a well-known figure in Shaka.

My great fear is that they make an Africa DLC without any West African faction. Iā€™d be thrilled with either Sokoto or Songhai.

2 Likes

Surprise surprise the new civ are Italian and Denmark :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Italians was originally planned civ for AoE3 along Sweden but both got scrapped then. In DE we got Sweden so who knows.

2 Likes

Iā€™m Italian so Iā€™m looking forward to an italian civ: however, it should be different, imo, than other european civs, with new mecanics: Italy was divided in a lot of States (Republic of Venice, Kingdom of Naples, Papal States, Granduchy of Tuscany and more others), so it could have something new to represent them.

1 Like

Nice idea. But this is to try and put the cart before the horse.
This game has a ridiculous number of bugs still, and the new civs have not been balanced yet. Additionally, there are quality of life changes that need to be made even to get it up to the same standard as legacy in that area.

Bug fixing, balance and quality of life changes are of far more importance than worrying about expansions.

4 Likes

We all have different priorities and the company probably has different teams working on different things. Lots of players donā€™t play online and donā€™t experience many of the bugs and would be thrilled at exploring new civs or campaigns right away.

Some players would prefer an entire year of bug fixing and balance patches.

Iā€™m sure the devs know how to prioritize and know when to implement which player suggestions, no harm in anyone asking for whatā€™s important to them :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I kinda want bug fixes and the adding of important features. AoE3DE was terribly buggy when I tried to play it. AoE2DE still hasnā€™t got in game spec chat and I donā€™t think recs have it either. Kinda wish devs would add important features that were on platforms like Voobly rather than giving us more content.

1 Like

Currently most broken AI is campaign AI which is too passive or does nothing. It only works when its totally scripted to do something or given units to attack. In this case MP only players wonā€™t notice that.

1 Like

Wars of Liberty isnt AoE anymore. Dont take my word, but of the mod developers themselfs, they themselfs said the mod is way to different to be considered AoE III and shouldnt get added.

In my opinion it adds some cool stuff, but ultimatly abandons what AoE III is about. Making it for me a bad mod.

Greeks, Austrians, all those civs are no way fitting the theme and style of AoE III, those civs should be kept for other installments, lets not make an established game something completly else. You already saw it with the devs cencoring words affiliating with colonization, which pissed a lot of people off for good reasons.

3 Likes

How about fixing the game first? Because thats what we need right nowā€¦ then we can think about ā€œFREE CIVSā€ being added as a compensation for players that bought this day 1 and still cant play it properlyā€¦
but knowing how bad they treat the comunity thats a big NO-NO-

1 Like

Well, probably would be a paid DLC, that could provide some funding to continue to fix and improve the gameā€¦

1 Like

One does not preclude the other. There could be free dlc as well as paid dlc. Iā€™d cough up some cash for home city customisation options for expansion civs. Or some extra fancy customisations. Or if there was a free new civ with paid customisation.

Or free civ with paid campaign for it. Or every other dlc being free and every other being paid. Or something. Developing a game ainā€™t free. I like this game, I like the devs, Iā€™m willing to throw in some cash every now and then to see it flourish and keep going :slight_smile:

3 Likes

True. already has a lot of factions and campaigns, but itā€™s still expanding: there is a new upcoming expansion, with 2 new factions and 3 new campaigns. AOE3DE, instead, has almost no new content: itā€™s only a remaster of the legacy Complete Collection, with few additions.

There arenā€™t many choices for new civs because of the revolution system.

1. Koreans
  2. Habsburgs
  3. Persians
  4. Italians
  5. Polish

Note: Italy and Poland may end up as a revolution choice like the United States.
Germans, Habsburgs and Russians may revolt to Poland.
Habsburgs and French may revolt to Italy.
Koreans, Habsburgs and Persians are the most likely to appear in a new DLC in my opinion.

3 Likes

Devs should focus on fixing/improving the gameā€¦

Both can be done at the same time.

9 Likes