Website for Creating Civs!

For Champs, Elite Beserks have 14 base damage

Switch it out for PA, they still have high attack.

Love this civ builder! Anyone know how to make sure custom Meso civs get their Xolotl Warriors?

Made what i think is a more historically accurate Celts civ. Bonuses to infantry movespeed reflects the guerrilla warfare they were adapt at against larger and better equipped armies. The bonuses to the skirms reflect the Kern, an Irish light skirmisher unit. Bonuses to the Halbs of course to highlight the Scottish Schiltrons. Bonuses to monks to reflect the great Irish monastic tradition. They get arbalest and thumbring as a nod to their Welsh cousins and their proficiency in marksmanship.

CELTS

Infantry and Monk civilization

•Lumberjacks work 15% faster
•Monk units move 20% faster
•Infantry move 15% faster (starting in the Feudal Age)
•Spearmen and Skirmishers train 50% faster
•Can steal sheep, and sheep within one unit’s LoS cannot be stolen

Unique Unit:
Woad Raiders

Unique Techs:
•Andean Sling (Skirmishers and Slingers no minimum range) [200F 300G]
•Tower Shields (Spearman-line and Skirmishers +2P armor) [500F 200G]

Team Bonus:
Monks +50% heal speed

To balance it out they miss bracer and the last archer armour upgrade. They do get paladin to reflect the Welsh Teulu but it is not fully upgraded missing the last cavalry armour upgrade.

2 Likes

Spirit of the Law made a video about your website, @KrakenLord9254

4 Likes

I’m gonna watch this video before I go to bed today.

It would be great if we can pick the wonder building and change the skin of the uu in this civi builder.

Which wonder does it default to now for each architecture set?

That would be confusing

Yes but you can make interesting looking uu’s with that. unit name cost and stats would still be the same.

1 Like

Fun fact, because of Spirit of the Law’s video, almost 600 custom civilization mods have been published in one day, making the mods from June 22, 2021 consist of nearly 12% of all the roughly 5000 mods aoe2 has total.

4 Likes

It gets architecture sets by copying the building graphics from certain representative civs. Since Burgundians and Sicilians are not the representative civs of their architecture set, that means that it’s impossible to get their unique castle graphics.

1 Like

11 that’s amazing. I feel like I should’ve made the local option more available to learn tho. If you’re okay with only playing vs AI, you can just extract the -data.zip and -ui.zip files and copy the extracted folders into C:\Users[your username]\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE[long number]\mods\local.

3 Likes

Is there anyway to change the wonder graphics as well? preferably select any building as a wonder.

I hope im asking the creator KrakenMeister.

1 Like

Is there a way to change Tech Tree for Microsoft Store version?
Can the custom civs be modded with the Genie Editor?

There isn’t a way to do it through the website, no. More detailed customizations like that can be done on generated mods using the Advanced Genie Editor modding tool. If you want more specifics on how to do that, feel free to add me on discord (Krakenmeister#1672) and I can help out some more.

2 Likes

Microsoft needs to add something like this to the game

2 Likes

Its unfortunate then but this tool is still awesome to create civilizations.

Btw how did you add the new civilization bonii to the editor?

It’s just like normal modding (pretty straightforward to add bonuses with AGE), except one step removed since everything is done with scripts.

3 Likes

If possible can you group the new bonii together apart from the original once.there are lots of ideas for boni from mods if you like to add.

I’ll be adding a search function soon. In the meantime here’s a spreadsheet with all of them in order.

6 Likes