Website for Creating Civs!

I have an issue with uploading the mod. I followed the instructions, but when uploading the mod the game refuse to recognize the files, saying the File Count is 0, even though it recognize how much space these 0 files take.
So the mod is accepted on the site, shows up in game, but the game doesn’t recogize the files somehow.

Have anyone else encountered a simmilar issue?

I’m sorry if I missed this somewhere (even after searching a lot); however, anyCivs I create replace an excisting Civ. Is that supposed to happen? SOTL’s video shows that the regular civs can still be selected; however, I created one Civ and now Britons have disappered from my civ list in game. Appreciate any help!

2 Likes

@TalentEd86 Unfortunately the way the website works is by replacing existing civs as there is no way currently to add more civilizations to the game though modding. If I understand correctly though, there is a way to add vanilla civs that are replaced by clicking on the “Combine Civilizations” button, then clicking “Get Vanilla Civs.” This should download a .zip file of all the vanilla civs. When you then click on “Create Mod” and go to select your custom civilization, you can also select the vanilla civs with it. So, for example, if you wanted to have a custom Georgians civ while also having the Britons, you have to select both the georgians.json file and the britons.json. This will make it so your mod includes both your custom civ(s) and the Britons, but just know that the Britons civ you included will then replace another civ that exists, like Goths or Franks. Hope this makes sense!

1 Like

Thanks mate, I get it. So basically, I will always lose a vanilla civ if I create a new one. That’s unfortunate but I guess I can kick the Malians out lol

Malians are pretty cool tho, whats your problem with them?

Why does it matter? Are people not allowed to like different civs than you?

1 Like

I didnt say anything mean, I just wanted to know.

Just kinda surprised they were the civ he decided to replace (tbh I also get that they arent perfect, since the civ has a rough late game)

Idk just curious

I think it is more of a civ preference not which civs are better

I just wanted to know why he went for Malians immedieately. Its totally fine not liking them, I just want to know

1 Like

Long story short, find the Gbeto quite crap

Ah, kinda agree on that.

So update. The problem resolved itself somehow? No idea why though.

Have made 4 civs so far, trying to mostly replace gunpowder heavy civs to give it a bit more ancient/early medieval vibe. So far Spanish, Portugese, Turks, and Buremese have been replaced by Carthago, Ylfing, Maori, and Greek.

Only tested them vs the AI while half asleep, but so far their balance seem relatively fine. Will probably have to tweak it later though. If anyone want to test them the mod is called “Shoes Civs”.

Btw, is there any way to share the civTechTree.json file on the site for people trying the mod?

Why not upload it in the mod section? I see many are doing it.

1 Like

Good suggestion. Have done so now.

Shoes Civs mod

1 Like

Maybe this is a dumb question but what happens if I have a cavalry uu and select the goth ut of uu getting trained at the barracks? does it make any uu train in barracks?

1 Like

Here is my version of the civ that I’m designing suggestinf for a long time, the venetians. Don’t hesitate to tell me what do you think of it, all feedbacks are welcomed.

It’s not quite what I had in mind, but it’s the closest thing that I could made with what the tool offer, so here it is:

NOTE: I know that the fish bonus makes them OP, but I wanted to fill all the slots, and I didn’t find a more historically fitting bonus. Just ignore it if you think it’s too much.

The origninal design, and what I’m trying to emulate with this tool is this one:

1 Like

How can i use the Genie Editor to edit my custom civ?

I really like the civ design. One thing I might change (though this really only affects multiplayer) would be to include a trade based bonus because the Venetians were very well known for their trade with the Arabs. Maybe include the empty trade units move 20% faster team bonus or something, or add the Saracen market bonus. Either way though, I think it looks great.

1 Like

as much as i like this mod, it’s getting real tiring see the mod section be FULL of these and nothing else, way too hard, and especially because a lot of them abuse the tag system by taggin the mod as everything…