What should Age of Empires IV improve?

Yes, I agree… campaigns are missing for the other Asian and African civs…

1 Like

Pathing should be improved a LOT.
It’s currently very buggy and clunky.
Also units should prioritize attacking enemy UNITS and not buildings.
People (including me) have asked for these two essential fixes since the BETAs of this game and it is being completely ignored by the DEVs.
Both points are a MUST for a competitive e-sports title.

Units should be able to get ungarrisoned to ANY chosen direction from a building as well.

Reduce TC attackspeed and max number of arrows also please, while slightly buffing the base damage per arrow.
This would reduce the machine gun slaugther against light units, make ram pushes more dangerous for the defender as well as more micro-able to defend against and also make maa/knights slightly more vulnerable to tc fire after they have gotten piercing armor upgrades.

This is my list of suggestions to improve AOE-4:

• Adjust the proportions of the buildings. A request that has always persisted.

• More natural beauty to the game, such as ponds with ducks in the water, turtles, birds that fly over the landscape, etc. Also different styles of water according to the area represented on the maps.

• Siege operated by humans and pulled by animals. PLEASE.

• Manned fishing boats (Already mentioned).

• Neutral markets with human activity, (Like the native towns of AOE-3). Well, these look like abandoned places.

• When units build a battering ram or siege tower, the build animation should appear.

• Units with ranged attack should have a melee attack when attacking melee (forgive the redundancy). (Already mentioned).

• User interface with icons and improved art, because in my opinion it is somewhat boring (Could be optional to suit different preferences).

• More realistic projectiles.

• The horse in the stable, and the hen in the TC must be animated and proportioned.

4 Likes

Spirit of the Law just released his update video for the new DLC. At 4:40 he said that the only core feature that has not been added to the game is “a fun and easy scenario editor.” Exactly, what I have been thinking.

1 Like

WHAT?!?!? 8 weeks of tournaments. How did I not hear about this? Who needs Red Bull?

1 Like

I’m never buying anything this company makes ever again. I’m beyond disappointed in their product, transparency, communication. The game is enjoyable, but there are too many deep-rooted problems that will apparently never be fixed. The poor pathing, pathetic replay system, bad matchmaking, hacking make the experience not worth very much time. I think I played 3000 hours but the matchmaking got so horrible after the player count started dropping, I have to dodge 5 games just to play one fair one. It blows my mind if anyone has stuck around since launch. You’d have to be completely blinded by nostalgia or something to think this game is great, worth playing regularly, or has a future.

3000 hours is insane. That’s almost a full time job since launch. I’m amazed you would have played that much while not enjoying the game.

I don’t enjoy the game myself but nope out way early, relatively speaking to your numbers.

Well idk if steam actually knew whether I was playing the game or just had it up in the background. I never shut down my PC. Some play even more than I did though, it’s a small world in there. I was probably depressed or lonely or just really unimaginative with my time. I’m not playing any games currently and the idea of playing one all day, especially AoE4, makes me concerned for those that do. Casual gaming is fine but the e-sports thing is all about getting sad people addicted to digital dopamine. It’s gross and doesn’t prioritize a good game design.

3 Likes

I have 3,765 and I played them all without having the pc on at random, I don’t know if I should brag about it, but I definitely know the game XD And if you don’t believe it, here’s the evidence, Honestly n these weeks, I’m not playing it, with the intention of not continuing, but after the new announcement, what can I do? many new RTS are coming out.

But after all, thanks to this, I discovered new people and improved my English, when before I could not say pen is on the table, then I improved my speed and the use of the keyboard, which now allows me to do things that I didn’t dream of being able to do.

I have to be honest, and I agree with your opinion, they are the fruits of the toxic socety that I live every day, aimed only at producing for the final purpose that we all know

1 Like

But i still Love the game, some times :slight_smile:

talking about work makes no sense, life does not have a final purpose, that is given by us and by religions, time is not wasted, because there is no wasting time, there are only those who think that they waste time because they find a reason to think so, working only serves to have more money that when you are no longer there will not be of any use to you, Time is important, and if we don’t use it for what we like. The purpose has never existed in anything, we are the ones who give it.

2 Likes

Haha no worries or shame. I’m pretty sure I’m probably at about 15k hours into AoEO with playing time plus forum, discord, and working on the game with project celeste all these years. AoEO is a lifestyle game, and many people around here are right there with me with their game of choice.

3 Likes

I would like to see more emphasis on improving the AI. More settings for skirmish and lobby games such as

1. Turn off record game
  2. Create custom presets
  3. Random biome
  4. Team positions

And increased modding capabilities, essentially the same as in AoE 2 where you are able to modify almost everything from civilizations to the UI and so on. Furthermore, certain mods should be allowed for ranked as well. I don’t see the reason why someone playing with a mod that changes the color of the UI shouldn’t be able to use that mod in ranked.

2 Likes

Furthermore what I would like to see regarding the visuals and the UI are the following things:

1. Improvements to the global queue, this is how it should look like:
    global queue
    each building producing a unit should have a separate icon as well as the progress for every unit.
  2. Civ icons displayed next to players
    civ icon
  3. An option to hide win conditions, disable golden builders, golden siege crews and floating text, remove building icons from buildings
  4. Showing market prices without the need to hover over the icon
    market
  5. More realistic scaling for buildings
  6. More animals
  7. Replacing either pink or purple through grey or another cold color
  8. Making units go around a building instead of walking through it
  9. Building rubble being removed from the map after a certain period of time
  10. Hovering over the villager icon in the UI should display your amount of villagers, trade carts and fishing ships

Regarding QoL features and Hotkeys

1. I would like to be able to connect my wall with the walls of my allies.
2. Unit stances
3. A find all of selected type hotkey
4. Not selecting my scout when using a military related hotkey
5. Hotkeys for Select all military units on screen and select idle military units on screen
6. Selection modifier hotkeys
7. A separate instantly delete all selected units hotkey that doesn’t require me to hold it
8. Being able to reset the gather point of multiple selected buildings by having a set gather point hotkey and hitting that hotkey twice
9. More camera behavior options related to whether or not I am using a select all or cycle through hotkey

12 Likes

Precious feedback. Good contribution.

All I play is skirmish and in 4 it’s not good.

1 Like

The yellow borders, yellow pointers and generally speaking the wishy-washy graphics which aren’t as sharp as the AOE2 one.

The civs should feel more distinct if you’re focusing on not that many. At least as much flavour as in AOE3.

2 Likes

For the love of God can they remove those brown ribbon like things that are all over the map?

SO FREAKING UGLY. AND POINTLESS. REALLY, WHY IS THAT NONSENSE EVEN THERE?

3 Likes

Well said, really The units and cannons etc are all the same for most civs, but the Japanese and Mali units are almost all unique.
And that makes the older basic civs really boring and same

2 Likes

Asymmetric and symmetric civilizations can be mixed to have a greater number and not affect the balance as much.

1 Like