Where is the support?

Hopefully :pray: :pray: :pray:

5 Likes

The Number 1 thing I think that they should do that comes to mind is make the Scenario Editor’s Instruction Map feature in the Cinematics tab work. It worked in AOE1 (original version). Also, any major bugs should get fixed. I hear that some of the AOE:DE regional Multiplayer servers commonly crash.

4 Likes

Mmmh, not exactly the one thing that should be on top, in my opinion.

I think we can mostly agree that the most irritating issue is having our units getting stuck.
Secondly, we have the AI behaving in a weird way, even after choosing difficulties right.
After that, the other bugs, ones more important than others.

But yeah, Scenario Editor could benefit A LOT from updates, including bugfixes, new features and improvements.

2 Likes

There’s hope guys… the final build was updated 4 days ago!

We may be getting a new update not so long in time! :heart::pray:

8 Likes

If there’s one thing that no one can ever take away from us it’s hope.

6 Likes

Basically, I think that they need to fix the game, including what you mentioned, before focusing on other projects like new civs, new campaigns, and AOE IV.

3 Likes

Does the build id indicate anything about whether it’s going to be a major update? Or is it completely independent from that?

4 Likes

No information about it, unfortunately.

2 Likes

Here we go boisss, finally an update!

And what impressed me the most is the following:

“We fully recognize that there is more you’d like to see from Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, and we’ve already captured some of the most prominent discussion points for future consideration. Your voices have been key in identifying the fixes and features we’ll be working on for the game, and we want to continue encouraging you to use your voice! Whether you’d like to see gameplay improvements, new features, or have a list ready to go, we want to hear about them over on our official channels.”

Seems like more content is coming…

18 Likes

Excelent!
I’d love to see flare option in a future update.
I liked the balance changes.
I will test the pathfinding changes.

9 Likes

Reads well for me. I am curious.

3 Likes

They say “the focus of this month release”, which implies something else will be coming up, possibly soon-ish. Really hoping for new content at some point!

4 Likes

YES!
Please, devs. More civs!

Here is what I would want:

New civs;
-Celts
-Scythians
-Mauryans
-Axumites
-Lybians
-Israelites

New units and upgrades:
-Heavy Axeman
-Cohort (Scout Cavalry upgrade)
-Heavy Slinger
-Armoured Camel Rider
-Peltast (Academy ranged unit with a javelin, that upgrades into Auxiliary in the Iron Age)

That is all I would want for AoE1 DE.

12 Likes

Guys good news pathfinding is really better when I tested my units didn’t get stuck.

10 Likes

Nice, looking forward to try it, though I will probably have to wait until the weekend…

5 Likes

I would add a ram and spearman unit and we have pretty much all of the basic stuff down.

4 Likes

We already have a Spearman, the Hoplite.
Conversely, the Hoplite and the War Elephant already act like Rams.

2 Likes

Ram would be still pure antibuilding and tower while weak in melee and most likely available in bronze age. It would make also possible to give some other siege options for civilizations that lack good catapults and ballistas.

3 Likes

But we already have 2 units that act like the Ram, except they are also good vs other units.
It would end up killing the role of a potential Ram unit entirely, unless the Ram was a Trash unit, which would be broken because defences in AoE1 are already inadequate at holding the enemy from killing all your Vills with raids.

Not every civilization gets elephants and better than hoplites. Ram would have high pierce resistance which would also help them to ignore archer fire. Only question is how strong should it be since I think ballista should still do decent damage vs them if we have more than 1 or 2 ram versions I would suggest:
Ram has 30 pierce armor
Heavy Ram has 35 pierce armor
Siege Ram has 40 pierce armor

Siegecraft tech could also boost ram movement speed to make them better.

2 Likes