Which civs would you like to see added first in DLC?

Other ones should be Turks,Serbian Empire,Magyars and Bohemians.

2 Likes

Byzantine, Japan, Africa civ, Nordics, Aztec, Spanish

1 Like

Some unit icons and the banner for a Japanese civ were leaked…

1 Like

Given that Age 4 is far more asymmetrical and harder to balance, I think a little anachronistic compiling is in order for my preferences of the FIRST 4.

“Norse”-Noway, Vikings, Danes (post-Christianity conversion)

“Italians”-Combining the Venetians, Milanese, Sicilians, and Genoese cultures and histories.

“Turks”-Combining the Anatolians, Bulgars, Tatars, Hungarians, et al., of various time periods and places.

Either Japanese or Koreans. Honestly, I could go either way.

I would love to see more civs as well in the future, but I would prefer these 4 first I guess especially as future support for the game is kinda of seen as…well…murky.

1 Like

The Danes are in the Norman campaign and on the Japanese already leaked icons of units and banner…

Danes | Age of Empires Series Wiki | Fandom

1 Like

Very close to my bet, that will be nice to see them evolving from ravager-merchants in their skeids to Obudshaers with their halberds and suits of plate armour :denmark::+1::+1::+1: One more thing, both Japanese and Koreans are the civs I wish to see them beginning their roads of consistant evolutions after the battle of Baekgang :jp::kr::+1::+1::+1:

No.

Either venetians, Danes and turks, or milanese, danes and bulgars, or normans, norsemen and tartars…

You got it. Enough with umbrella civs, it’s one of the few things that aoe4 did better than aoe2.

Just pick a kingdom/republic/empire and then eventually add some bonus and units from similar or allied cultures.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t get why there are still people asking for umbrella civs given how many people complain about those.

1 Like

Probably because they are used to them, and because it increases the chances that less dominant culture at the time being included somehow, but still…

Indeed they are.
I made a suggestion a while back

i would like to see portuguese

3 Likes

Spaniards with a Russian accent for the first DLC.

i guess Viking campaign would be really nice as we didnt have it in AoE2 :slight_smile:

And besides, the “Age of Vikings” ended in the 12th century.

1 Like

Yes, unless you do a campaign from battle of Baekgang (663) to the siege of Osaka Castle (1615), then you would have nine missions:

Possession chapter:

1. The battle of Baekgang (663)

2. The Heian period (794-1180) (go from dark age to feudal age)

Anarchy chapter:

1. The Gempei Wars and the battle of Kurikara (1180-1185)

2. Shogunate Kamakura and the Kamikaze wind (1274-1281) (go from feudal to castle age)

3. Shogunate Ashikaga and the Sengoku Period (1336-1573) (go from castle age to imperial age)

Domination chapter:

1. Nobunaga and the unification of Japan (1573-1582)

2. Hideyoshi and the Imjin Wars (1582-1598)

Supremacy chapter:

1. Tokugawa and the battle of Sekigahara (1600)

2. The siege of Osaka Castle and the new era of Japan history (1615)

2 Likes

Yes, unless you campaign from battle of Lindisfarne (793) to the Livonian War (1583), then you would have nine missions:

Conquest chapter:

1. Assault to Lindisfarne (793)

2. Siege of Paris with Ragnar Lodbrok (845)

3. Viking invasion of England and the Battle of York with Ivar the Boneless (865) (go from dark to feudal age)

Domination chapter:

1. Vindlansaga with Erik the Red (1000) (go from feudal to castle age)

2. Battle of Fulford with Harald Hardrada (1066)

3. Christianization of Denmark (1100-1397) (sacred sites victory)

Supremacy chapter:

1. The Kalmar Union (1397-1523) (go from castle age to imperial age)

2. The birth of Sweden with Gustav Vasa (1523)

3. The Livonian War with John III (1583)

2 Likes

I bet the fifth mission you propose may feature Ōnin-Bunmei Wars(Ōnin War - Wikipedia). Equal to the Japanese, the Koreans also deserved to have nine missions:

Unification chapter:

1: Battle of Baekgang(663)

2: Battle of Maseo(675)

3: Battle of Cheonmun-ryeong(698, from Dark Age to Feudal Age)

Resistance chapter:

4: Battle of Cheoin(1232, from Feudal Age to Castle Age)

5: Tsushima expedition(1419)

6: Hamgyong expedition against Jurchens(1450, from Castle Age to Imperial Age)

Restoration chapter:

7: Battle of Hansan Island(1592)

8: Battle of Myeongryang(1597)

9: Battle of Noryang(1598)

Sounds good!

• also there could be some mission with ships as we are talking about vikings! :slight_smile:

Now is the time to attract players, of this era, focusing on the balance and mods of the community, it seems that most of the community is not very competitive or casual.

The moment you consider that the game has reached its user cap is when you should focus on keeping that community active.
Adding new civilizations is to keep the community in the game not to expand it, Beastyq mentioned that he is not encouraged to know that he must learn 40 civilizations to not lose a game and I think that is why aoe2 keeps his numbers but does not exceed them.

Definitely the Malian Empire. It was a war machine

2 Likes