Which civs would you like to see added first in DLC?

Yes, it serves me…but I doubt that they put the Koreans, if they want to make few civs but at the same time very asymmetrical…

Yes,in fact Vinlandsaga would be a naval mission…

Byzantine is interesting,i believed.The dlc most importent has four civ will .if has six civ it will amzing for us!

Que los bizantinos tengan:

Corpus Iuris Civilis: Que mejora los puntos de resistencia de todos los aldeanos y su armadura

Murallas Teodosianas: que permita a las murallas tener un 50% mas de hp y que resista un 70% de ataque bonus de todas las armas de asedio, excepto cañones, por razones históricas.

Unidades como:

Guardia Varega: Infantería Pesada con una armadura y daño bastante altos, pero demasiado lentos y susceptibles a morir por los arqueros y armas de fuego
Arquero de Trebisonda: Arquero con menos velocidad, pero con mejor armadura tanto a distancia como cuerpo a cuerpo
Lanzador de fuego griego (Infantería): Infantería de asedio armada con un lanzallamas, con bajos puntos de golpe y velocidad pero con un ataque devastador, sirve como una unidad de apoyo.
Legionario Tracio: Variante única bizantina para el hombre de armas posee un 20% mas de hp que un hombre de armas normal 4 mas de daño y 2 más de armadura cuerpo a cuerpo, pero su avance es más lento.
Lancero Bizantino: Variante única bizantina para los lanceros son mas rápidos y poseen un bonus superior contra caballería, pero poseen -15% de hp que un lancero genérico y su armadura es inferior también.

Edificios distintivos:

El Elmali kilise en Capadocia
Monasterio de Santa Catalina
Theotokos Kyriotissa etc

La mayoría de los edificios distintivos serian iglesias o monasterios xd

where you let the greatest pre-colombus civilization? Where’s Incas?

1 Like

Ay perdon, mi malo. Y los Incas!
Yes sorry my bad, and the Incas!

1 Like

Los pobres incas también necesitan asedio precolobina.

You did not put Turks even on the survey. You are kidding, right?

6 Likes

For me:

1. Byzantines + Turks
  2. Spanish + Portuguese
  3. Japanese + Koreans
  4. Malians + Berbers
  5. Aztecs + Mayans
  6. Incas + Chimú
  7. Polish + Lithuanians
  8. Vikings + ???
  9. Ethiopians + Kongolese
  10. Bengalis + Tamils
  11. Kwazermian + Afghans
  12. Genovese + Venetians
  13. Bulgarians + Vlachs, Romanians, Serbs, etc.
6 Likes

I think the only good way to include a Viking-based civ would be alongside a campaign with the Mik’maq or Inuit. It’d give some much-needed diversity into the roster and would let the dev team flex a bit into some fantastical scenarios instead of being pure history.

You are right, Norse would give AoE4 some nice diversity, and could expand on a number of things, such as Norse x Rus ventures in the Byzantine Empire, or maybe just Norse becoming the ruling elite of most European states

Maybe Scottish or Irish can join the 8th DLC with Vikings

2 Likes

…I think you heavily misunderstood what I was saying. The Icelandic aspect wouldn’t be adding much diversity, Vikings are in pretty much every Age game. It’s the inclusion of the Mik’maq and/or Inuit that would provide a nice change of pace from the norm.

Seriously, Native Americans are heavily underutilized by this game series, despite them being in their prime during the time periods of AoE2, 3, and 4.

1 Like

You sound like you are proud of Native American history, and yet don’t want them to be accurately portrayed?

The Inuit drove the Icelandic Vikings from the coast with little effort after years of trading with them. The Mik’maq were likely also heavily involved, considering the area that Leif landed is fairly close to their historical borders.

I’d say I’d like to see them portrayed well, and I created three civ concepts based on Native Americans. I had plans for more, but most feedback seemed to be along the lines of, “Native Americans don’t belong in Age of Empires.” It disappoints me, because that says more about miseducation about Natives than anything.

Here’s my three concepts on the Seven Fires, the Nahua, and Haida Gwaii.

I wanted to make a combined post for the Icelandic Vikings under Leif and the Inuit and Mik’maq he likely traded and fought with, but reception to the previous three was poor enough that I didn’t see a reason to continue. I also had plans for a Mayan civ concept that I had started working on to post next.

3 Likes

Exactly. Take a look at the older replies to this post. This “forced” poll pinned on top by force is the biggest joke on the Age of Empires forum.

2 Likes

I would prefer Danes to be added and they can fight skraelings in a Vinland mission of their campaign. They will just be npcs and not playable civ.

1 Like

It’d be far more interesting to get an entire civ from them, to view the campaign and conflict from both sides. The Inuit are the ones who likely drove away Leif, but it’s also highly likely the Mik’maq were present as well. For the sake of simplicity, however, it’d likely be easier to only do the Inuit, especially with how far-ranging the Inuit are. They would be able to take part in any campaign in the northern half of North America.

I am waiting to see if the future expansions are going to introduce better designed civs, similarly to what the Asian Dynasties and War Chiefs did for AoEIII. Although imo AoEIII’s base game had much better foundations and prospects to begin with.
If that’s the case, we should get civs from the Americas and Africa that will be distinctively different from the rest. And looks like according to the community’s poll Aztecs & Inca are the prominent choices for America while Ethiopians & Malians are for Africa.
Of course the ever popular Japanese, Byzantines and the Norse may come, as long as they are designed in a way where they’ll all have something interesting and valuable to show, preferably inspired from their respective cultures and historical background, and not just another lame spearman and Man at arms unit or random bonuses here and there.

Personally, I’m hoping they go a different route with a Nordic civ and give the status of the raiding naval civ to the Haida for a nice change of pace. The two cultures used ships almost identical in size and shape for raiding, and using the Haida would give a wonderful new civ design to mess with.

(Pictured: A warrior of the Pacific Northwest, among whom the Haida are counted.)

2 Likes