Which has better graphics, AoE3 DE or AoE4?

Units are never difficult to distinguish no matter how mixed up they are. That happens when you are not familiar with the game. In my case I never had a problem with that from the beginning.

1 Like

Of course, I would not say that I am a master of AoE 3, and it is difficult for me to distinguish units in mirror games, for this you need to make an effort. And accordingly, for a new player, this can become a barrier in learning the game.

1 Like

If the person with the sword + shild had also an armor (not a heave one) then the spear would be useless in most of the times. Obviously I don’t spears for a spear like the Macedonian sarissa (the weapon used by the soldiers of Great Alexander and managed to unite the ‘independent’ Greek towns in a war against Persia) which has nothing to do with the lances pikemans uses.

AoE 4 has better more modern graphics but its more gamey less cluttered. Things are more apart so it doesn’t look that real and picturesque but I believe its better for gameplay.

2 Likes

First player ever I see complaining about age lll readability.

I have several friends who have the same feeling, one of them is a streamer.
If you have not met people with such problems, this does not mean that they do not exist at all )

3 Likes

actually spears are usually superior to swords vs armor.

swords are good if you need to hit many enemies quickly esp on the move, that is why cavalry often used swords because it makes them better at chasing. further more swords are better at fighting unarmored opponents where slashing is easier, this is why eras with relatively low amounts of armor the sword see more common usage on the battlefield.

go to discord and get informed , readibility is the worst thing in aoe3 de , he is not the first and wont be the last.

1 Like

yeah and the clouds were invented by obama to hide the fact that the earth is flat right? (sarcasm)

YOU DO SEE WHAT YOU ARE WRITING? Is not a secret that aoe3 has the worst readibility in the aoe saga , no matter how beautiful is aoe3 de , All units looks the same!

And? Fan preview had horrible textures and graphics , even animations were trash in Fan preview and they managed to fix those and came really close to what we have seen in X019.

(fan preview vs E3 2021 fottage)

Graphics now are really close to X019 , except for lighting.

textures and models are literally the same , Also seems that you havent played the beta. Do you know how graphics are when playing the game? Dont complain and dont get assumptions of a game that you have never seen.

1 Like

Are you sure we are close to X019 models?

But if the differentiation and readability are too good. Whoever says that is because he believes that a musketeer is the same as a skirmisher. You can distinguish the differences without any effort. Or it has to be that AOE-3 players have gifted eyesight.

Maybe the models were, but the proportions were more correct. Back then we thought that the game was in the direction we wanted.

2 Likes

I wish I can show you a beta model , but I can’t because N D A

I played beta. See my profile

2 Likes

I play Aoe3 more than Aoe2, and find the exact inverse to be true. That leads me to believe that “readability” between the two is purely based on what you’re more comfortable with.

yeah i know , i saw you in forums

I think they are making the units more remarkable than usual in AOE, and they are making me lose the harmony that the series has always had in relation to the environment. Units too large Why not make them as seen in AOE-2 or AOE-3 ?. Buildings that are too disproportionate that make the units appear even larger.

Sense of realism? reaaaalllyyy ? Can you elaborate? where is the realism? do you have any argument?

“Better” depends on your goals. It counts for every “better or worse” question. So without a mentioned goal nobody can answer this question.

If you think aoe3 readability is bad, you will be very disappointed with aoe4.
You can’t really tell archers from xbows, light cav from knights, maa from other melee infantry. Least to say that all units basically use the same color palette and same movement animations. Unless,of course, you zoom all the way in. Aoe4 is very, very, very bad at readability, even 2D games like Aoe2 and aoe1 offer better readability.

If you are still buying into the devs graphics BS at this point, then you really don’t are about the long term playability of this game.

5 Likes

Lmao I totally disagree.

1 Like