Why people are still leaving? I don’t understand…

Rule #265 of the Internet: Never argue with a meme.

I get your point but we are social creatures. We want to invest time into a game we feel a lot of others are enjoying and that has a strong community behind it. Some people don’t care about that at all, but I know myself I wouldn’t still be playing aoe if there was only a couple thousand playing it and a dead community. The community surrounding the game is a big part of the reason I love aoe2 so much.

And all chinas landmarks are shit outside of clockwork tower. Every other civ got far better landmarks.

Abbasid issue is not 2 landmarks…

3 Likes

As a mad China spammer, I can get used to a single Chinese land mark being worse than everything else, you have more choices anyway. It does mean China is dumb before it get every single landmark, thus, me turtle, me China, me great wall, me …uh… dies most of the time, cause great wall is trash :smiley:

Why should people continue in a game unifinished without post-launch?

1 Like

More choices? How exactly?

There’s just benefit you unlock by different dynasty you go in, that’s about that, and you do get a 2nd land mark build. You spend extra resource for that, it does sounds great on paper, but in practice, it’s hard to pull off… one of those complex as fk mechanism you are dealing with here. It does mean, a smart opponent who pressures you all the time, you are kinda fked.

So in that sense, I need to buy better turtle shell :smiley:

Ah got quite confused by your original comment. Wont make difference how much I turtle when allies are what they’re.

Probably have to start playing 1v1 to try enjoy this game. 2v2 isn’t enjoyable at slightest anymore especially with the change in matchmaking…

I got list of players that I dodge for various reasons and the list has grown like 10x since patch.

Gotta find some friends who can talk on the mic, team games are fun with friend, just troll around and talk, social experience > actual game experience.

1 Like

One thing about China was everyone was crying about China at first, I posted on this forum saying people are sleeping on Fire lancer, now it’s getting nerfed, people crying too. You know, the typical customer :smiley:

so from what i gather, it’s going to take them over a year maybe even 2-4 to balance and fix this game. Let’s be honest, the last patch was basically just them changing some numbers in the code. Now content i can understand taking a while. But if it’s just number changes this 1 patch a month is very sad.

Player numbers are scaring me currently. A lot of 8 year old games are outperforming. Spend a little money on ads or something. The player base is trying. Seems like marketing is non-existent.

3 Likes

To some ppl sure. I just enjoy playing 2v2 solo or enjoyed but currently its shit experience.

Well I predicted it that nothing gonna change. They’re not happy till unit is completely useless same with clockwork tower.

Meanwhile swabia, HRE relics, delhi free research etc is fine

To those who complain, they may not realize the econ power is smashing their face, in the mean while everyone can tell mass fire lancer is OP AF :smiley: lawl

@PergamentKlee71 This guy has never played Mongols, Mongols have one strat.

Abbasid have a lot of issues but having two landmarks is a heavy handicap against fire lancers or knight landmark rushes.

1 Like

most of abbasid main players quit the game already 5 patches and they totally ignored abbasid and at end of each patch they say we buff abbasid next patch what a joke and this joke is getting old with each promise they make and doesn’t keep.

i took a break till next patch if they wont balance the game and buff abbasid i’m done i will quit too

3 Likes

It has its disadvantages and advantages. You cant just say its disadvantage because its not.

Yes 2 landmarks are less than 4 or 6 etc. Which can be disadvantage but you’re not looking at the advantages at all.

Firelancers are squishy units not tanky. Meaning they do not want to stay in one spot for long time which abbasid landmarks make them to do. If they stay for long in one spot they die faster which results failed landmark snipe. Its much better to run lot between landmarks and leave the slow units behind allowing them to deal uncontested dmg. Actually some times more is better than less (depends on enemy unit type) and this comes from player that used FL for hundreds of games.

Another advantage is that its easier to defend 2 landmarks than multiple ones especially against units that move fast. 1 keep is able to cover up both landmarks meanwhile multiple landmarks require keeps spread out and lot more thinking of base layout.

Less locations to attack means you can also effectively position small force next to your TC or landmark and it will always be on right spot instead if you got multiple landmarks spreaad around, you would have to keep tabs on the FL where they go and which angle they’re coming from.

As someone who did lot of FL castle age rushes and imperial plays I can say that abbasid was the last base I ever wanted to go because of above points. Yes in theory it would’ve been easier due 2 landmarks but if abbasid player was on top of their game it would end up as failure and if I was doing castle age FL play then it was so heavily all in that it had to kill one opponent otherwise I would lose

I play Abbasid a good bit and while theoretically the easier to defend bit might be true, in practice one good split or a few nests of bees and or mangonels with the fire lancers and I’m dead.

FL aren’t an issue now with the torch nerf, but before 60 FL would burn my house of wisdom in two hits, TC in 3.

Even with my entire army there I can’t defend against that bc I simply can’t kill enough FL to stop the damage, even with villager pulls.

Edit:

I’ve just taken to hiding my house of wisdom, but my point is I shouldn’t have to do that.

Also it just feels like design laziness. Ran out of time to finish Abbasids so only give them two landmarks?

1 Like