Why people are still leaving? I don’t understand…

It depends a lot of situation.

I got hardly ever landmark sniped against FL or my ally, because as someone who extensively played with them, I knew what many ppl were after and how they operate so it was super easy to defend and times when I lost to landmark snipe it was due my own error or my allies way too slow reaction.

One game I didn’t wall off second route to our base because I thought it was closed and when I checked it with my scout it started to run towards primary entrance so I thought it was closed and then 60-70 FL with +40 mangudai stormed our base. I noticed the back door within first 5 seconds and moved my army to defend and sent villagers to close the route, but my ally took way too long to react. He was playing as french and his cavalry was at main entrance alongside my bombards + handcannoneers so in the end I was at his base which was further than mine and I was there before FL touched first landmark and I wiped all of them just right after the 3rd landmark went down (french was castle while I was imperial and both opponents were imp too). I pinged ally and instantly typed backdoor to chat but still it took like 30-40seconds for my ally to respond and even then he started sending his crossbows and not cavalry.

The FL play is so predictable and easy to deal with that, it become so hilarious for me whenever I won a game where opponent was at my base and I run through several outposts / scouts to their base and took down landmarks before they did anything then they proceeded to cry and scream how broken the unit is/was

There is still far more broken op things in game than FL ever was but ppl tend to ignore them because they don’t get to see these things to snipe their landmarks after 20-30mins, but yet they still lose to because of them. Like HRE relics + swabia. Which is ridiculous or mongol trade boom

1 Like

Garbage Balance, poor faction design. Mongol the premier infantry faction. I have 4000 hours of experience with COH2, I know relic in and out. They’re slow and terrible at balance, I know AoE 4 won’t be balanced or playable competitively for another 2-3 years, despite having a full dev team.

Drop on over to COH2.ORG if you don’t believe me and ask the community how good relic is. I guarantee reviews will not be positive, or even mixed.

2 Likes

We got a patch? Cute. Go check out the aoe3 patch and see how patching is done

5 Likes

@Moonshadow7475

What is AoE3? Literally never heard of it.

Instead of throating relic, head down to COH2.ORG.

Or, judge them on their previous titles, DAWN OF WAR 3, COMPANY OF HEROES 2. Some games they just abandon, some games they patch very slowly, whilst balancing poorly.

Has any patch released so far been satisfactory? or the rate of bug fixes? This isn’t a small indie game, its a multi-million dollar company. Its ok to have some expectations. Their communication with the community sucks, always has.

And their attitude in the past has literally be “f**k the player base, we dont need them” Feel free to fact check this, its all over the internet.

4 Likes

This is pretty funny, not gonna lie.

4 Likes

Just go through the forum from closed beta to launch and you will see why the game is down to 12K players or so.

Just ignore the ones who absolutely cannot see when a game is doing bad no matter what. Even if they are the only players left they will be like “this is normal. Nothing wrong”

3 Likes

Unfortunately they probably have a binding agreement with Microsoft to develop and support the game for a number of years so until that passes it is unlikely to have a deep change in the dev approach.

You thought people were waiting for a single patch?

There’s something really wrong with this company. A lot has to change before I will have interest/hope for this game again.

Like someone else said, just go through the forums and you’ll see why most people gave up on it and why a single patch won’t make that much of a difference anymore.

2 Likes

The fact that there are people who don’t understand why others are leaving, while they play single player only, should tell us why apologists think a couple of patches will be enough to save the game. They don’t know how multi player is so unbalanced and messed up. Or maybe they don’t care.
It’s time for apologists to accept the game is in a terrible unfinished state. Even after the last patch, not much was done to solve the unbalance. it’s frustrating.

3 Likes

I’ve run out of things to do with this game for the moment. I await color pick patch of 2023.

4 Likes

Could we please stop with this bitter rivalry between single and multiplayer? It helps nobody and it is not even there. It only gives the people in charge of the project the perfect alibi to justify bad decisions: “scale down military building for multiplayer playability”, “widen camera angle to feel immersed during campaign” … and so on and so forth. If the game is good is good in single player, campaign, multiplayer, for spectators, everywhere, if the game is bad is bad.
I’m a single player, campaign player, I come from AoE II. I also like to follow the pro players, so I’m interested in all aspects of the game. I quit the game after 56 hr: the time to complete the Mongol campaign and mastery mainly, and it was a pain, a boredom. I only did it to gather info for proper feedback and try to give useful suggestions (for the third time). Then the roadmap came out and … I’m: “ok, sorry for the intrusion, my idea of an Age RTS is very different from yours, you speak as if AoE IV is a good product needing only minor adjustments. Glhf, see you next time, maybe”.
The campaigns are bad and the AI is useless (nothing strange here, how can you program the AI when the civs aren’t there yet?), should I therefore conclude that the “apologists” are all multiplayer people?
There are simply people who like the game, nothing wrong with that, I like AoE I for example, probably most of them are new to the genere and/or franchise that haven’t experienced better games yet, or are bored with the old ones. It is useless to point fingers at one another, the only people who have the complete picture are the heads at World’s Edge. And it is up to them to decide what to do with their game. They have all the feedback they need and more.

5 Likes

The game is nice and all. My team and I tried it a bit, it has nice graphics and interesting civ balances.

After a couple of weeks we went back to AoE2. Its just so much smoother. Missed effective micro and the so much better overview on the map (sometimes feels claustrophobic when scrolling over a mountain on AoE4).

To me, AoE4 is closer to AoE3 than AoE2, at least the feel for the game (not talking the time period) so at least for us we went back to AoE2.

We will come back once in a while to to check how it is developing, its still an interesting game. Imo just no match for the legendary II.

2 Likes

Not even, AOE3 was FAR better

Otherwise yeah I agree with your post, age 4 is deeply lacking.

4 Likes

The feel for the game I get is that it’s not replayable.

The civs all play the same way and not playing a certain way would put you at a disadvantage.

AoE3 (and AoE2) are leagues apart because of the number of viable strategies it allows. AoE3 now has spectacular civ design allowing for a thousand ways to customize each civ IN GAME…while AoE2 has a lot of replayability because of the viability of so many strategies - it makes sense to replay AoE2 campaigns over and over again and try new things, let alone other game modes.

In comparison, AoE4 campaigns are constantly telling you how to do things and the maps are so dry they aren’t really worth exploring a second time.

So no, the game is NOTHING like AoE3.

But yes, I agree with why you’d want to leave.

3 Likes

I agree that aoe3 was smoother , but i think aoe4 its a great game , maybe you wont accept this , but aoe3 is far from MILES from aoe2 , its the best aoe of the series

1 Like

And imo , aoe4 can be better than aoe2 , when they start making “Arena maps” and bringing the UGC this game is going to be THE BEST aoe game , we will have access to everything , custom skin of units (mods and textures packs) , map editor. The posibilities are almost endless , i dont need to remember that aoe4 is the first aoe game in the series to have these new elevations?

Almost 6k players came back at the weekend following the patch a few days earlier (steam only). That at least does show that people are looking to come back to the game when new updates come in.

Yes, we hope it should be faster… insert unfinished game comments here. I have already got a lot of value out of the game more than any other game since Aoe2 de and Aoe3. Imagine if the game had all of the features available at launch, it is a shame but there is still a great deal of promise.

What I find amusing is I bet some of the complainers have played more than I have. Tough love for something you care about.

3 Likes

Actually I would leave the game cause there is no Japanases civilisation. Let us build op samourai !

i hate water maps, hybrid maps and imperial age

1 Like

I just lost again because of a nuclear demo ship, when I was about to win.

I was really motivated to climb the ladder, but the more I grind, the more I see guys cancel animations and use exploits.

I think I will go back to aoe2, even being lamed doesn’t feel as bad as losing to bugs.

1 Like