Why people are still leaving? I don’t understand…

4 Likes

lack of content was actually the reason most of the people i know stopped playing those games, especially with homeworld they expacted community content like in the previous homeworld games.

just look how games like skyrim or xcom 2 hold their player numbers forever despite being singleplayer games, all thanks to the community creating content which in turn also means more potential DLC sales aswell.

You’re right on most of your perspective. Do you know how boring documentaries are to my generation? I love them, but the strong majority doesn’t really like learning. Most popular games are braindead and broken with some level of exploitation happening based off of player’s mental health or belief systems. They attach to something more extreme, opinionated despite being wrong and with lots of memes and with not as many common sense rules as this forum has. It has to be fun, but a specific kind of fun for specific kind of people. That’s called target audience. Audience which will play the game and invest in it.

You know what the common perspective will be when certain people will buy and experience the AoE IV game as it is now? Exactly this: ‘‘The campaign is boring and the game is not complete.’’. Besides it has no other vices that match with their wrong actions to relate to it and there are no easter eggs, secrets or lore. It’s the equivalent of a coffin buried empty. The game’s dead before it had a chance to shine even…

I like the game tho, I’ll keep playing as it’s a fun sandbox that gave me quite the memories already, among them Sir John of Wallingford who is a bugged horseman that can’t die during the quest to defend Wallingford.

1 Like

I dont even know what generation you are in.

1 Like

To be fair, most documentaries are terribly made these days.

3 Likes

gen Z, sorry if I wasn’t too clear

1 Like

The recent patch made Chinese players very dissatisfied, and the number of online players fell again.

this week the playerbase lose 2k players (analysed from this day results)

I am not convinced that the number of concurrent players is an accurate reflection of the state of the game. Games designed to be played in short bursts will not need as many players to sustain a reasonable multiplayer community.

AoE2, for example, has tons of single player campaigns built up over decades by dedicated fans. Multiplayer AoE2 games can last hours, with a recent match going for 60+ hours: Age of Empires 2 Match Has Lasted for Over 60 Hours. Granted, 60+ hour games is an amusing outlier, but AoE2 games tend to go longer for me.

In contrast, AoE3 was designed to have a single narrative campaign and played with multiplayer matches that last 20 minutes. AoE4 appears to be similarly designed on the multiplayer front.

DETAILS? Wich details we are talking about? graphic details? nah bruh

this is so vage to make an argument or even a point.

saying that their efforts into the game are lazy considering they are understaffed is also a very ignorant thing to say .

And map editor will come soon

I especially appreciate the stationary horses and chicken. Definitely a great intended design decision that helps everyone to enjoy the game even more.

8 Likes

also is very ignorant to forget about the quality of the first half these updates since launch. They lack content improvement and bug the game even more. Also for the editor thing. I can assure it will bugged af when it is finally released. That one will be another reason why the playerbase will shrink even more. I can sense that will happen.

2 Likes

I do agree that the very first updates were mediocre and its very ignorant to not use them when you are making a point , since i wasnt making a point , just a statement i wont feel like its nesesary to talk about the very first steps post lauch .

just think. If they havent release it yet its because they are working on it .

even , in the remote case if it is bugged , people will still use it however they can . i can assure

2 Likes

I guess it’s sarcasm XD

I’d show you pictures of the other AOE games to prove my point, but I’ve done it a million times already.

-As HRE player it is boring to only have 1 possible build (always relics landmark).
-Aoe2 has better unit graphics/textures with more detail and more medieval than pastel colors age IV

• No physics
    -No ballistics
    -Siege never miss
    -feudal age is boring ( lack of units)
    -the most ugliest UI of RTS history, they never changed it,

I think there could be more reasons but those are the ones why I decided to stop playing, even after many many people complained about pastel graphics/Disney they never addressed this, well even siege units don’t have crew lol. In summary age IV doesn’t offer enough reasons yo keep it playing in 2022 when previous titles have better mechanics and even better graphics.

5 Likes

oh god that stuff is still in the game? honest to god

I for example didn’t play the game since the patch. I just don’t feel like it, kinda lost my faith in developers. I don’t want to switch civ again due to unplayability of one… Maybe I will come back with patch that will be satisfacting in my opinion. Maybe for dlc to try try new civ, right now no need to play the game

1 Like

I always believe that the game will get better and better!

4 Likes