Will there ever be an Age of Mythologies: Definitive Edition?

Good day! Would like to ask if the devs have any plans on doing a Definitive Edition of this game after they worked on Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition? I personally like Age of Mythologies over Age of Empires III TBH. And I feel that AoM is in need of a revamped DE edition for graphics and gameplay more so than AoE3 which still looks great in modern systems.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Thank you!

4 Likes

There have a been a poll recently on the forums , and FE team teased about AOM a long while back (https://twitter.com/AgeOfEmpires/status/1192223893651697664)

1 Like

Oh wow! Really? I’m interested to see how the polls fared. :smiley: I hope alot of peeps wanted a DE of AoM. :smiley:

Found the poll Age of Mythology II Poll

Thank you very much for sharing! :smiley:

I’m a huge AOM fan, as I am a single player kinda guy and the campaigns in AOM were the best. I also like the mythological background (history is great too, but it was a nice change of pace.

My guess? AOE3:DE this fall, AOE4 fall 2021, and AOM: DE fall of 2022. I wish it were sooner.

I’d also say ‘if you want AOM:DE then buy AOE3:DE’.

2 Likes

I dunno man, I REALLY wanna like AoE3… but the gameplay is just too different I guess. I’ll try to redownload my copy of AoE3 on my Steam and replay it again. But I find myself enjoying AoE2 way more.

Yes please. I want AoM DE so BAD.

1 Like

I guess he meant that by buying AoE3DE, you will incentivize Microsoft to invest further in Age games.

1 Like

I know, but I am just not fond nor did I enjoy playing AoE3, as much as other Age games I’m afraid. :frowning:

To date, I have bought almost all Age games (Age of Empires: DE, Age of Empires II HD, Age of Empires III: Complete Edition, Age of Mythology: Extended Edition, and Age of Empires II: DE), but I just didn’t get as much fun with that AoE3 I’m afraid. :frowning:

I might watch videos instead of said game and consider getting it on discount. I’m curious to see the improvements DE would bring to the game.