[WIP] Ancient Civilizations - Total Conversion Mod

I know this is an age old thread, so I’m not sure if I’ll get a reply, but was this ever released? Or is there another mod that ports the AoE1 East Asian buildings into AoE2, as seen in this screenshot? I tried searching both on the in-game mod browser and on the website, and couldn’t find one - but the search functions are not great, so it’s quite likely I missed something.

Yes another aoe assets in aoe2 mod.

Any chance you (or anyone else) could post a link? The only AoE1 building mods I can find are Rome at War and AG3 Ancient Empires, neither of which have the East Asian buildings.

moddb might have a version with all buildings.

1 Like

Ha! Not sure why I didn’t think to look there… this one seems pretty complete.

EDIT: Aah, shucks, no destruction animations.

The buildings need to be rescaled to fit AoE2. I have the ratios from R@W. If you like how I incorporated those buildings in for mod I can probably make these for you. Tell me which civ you wish to replace.

1 Like

About the civ ‘Indian’, don’t just call it that because there’s more than one Indian civ to use. That civ should be renamed to ‘Harappan’ or ‘Mauryan’ and the Dynasties of India civs can be converted into the other ancient Indian civs.

That would be great, thanks! I think it would be best to replace East Asian buildings and the Chinese Wonder.

Alternatively, the only thing preventing me from doing it myself is that I don’t have the uncompressed versions of the AoE1 SLP files (unfortunately I have the Microsoft Store version of AoE1DE). So if it would be less hassle for you to just send me those, feel free to do that.

This mod seems to have been superceded by Rome at War anyway. I think they are planning to (eventually) include Indians as opponents of Alexander, but I’m not sure what the best choice of civ name for them would be in that context.

That would be addressed at the appropriate time, but yeah, at least one Indian civ is likely in the future of R@W, although probably not the near future.

Historically reconstructed first there were wagons, then chariots were invented and later cavalry was invited without the chariot just riding. So that would be correct :wink:

(Celt)Iberians? they’re famous for their metal industry and swordsmiths even today. For Europe they’re famous. So keeping them in Age2 would be a shame :wink:

As the only active member of the original Dev team for this concept, I encourage everyone posting here to move over to Romae ad Bellum. This project is dead, and no one is producing content for it anymore.

man, thank for the icon color-player tip. i was looking for it