Wrong civilization shown when restoring a multiplayer game

Game Version:

Build 101.101.35209.0 4667120
Steam

Issue:

When going into Multiplayer, and restoring a saved 1v1 multiplayer game, it correctly shows the Celts civilization for the first player. However, for the second player, it shows Britons instead of Slavs. The Slavs were actually played by the second player and saved. When the game is launched, the two civilizations are correctly played again as Celts and Slavs (not Britons).

Reproduction Steps:

1. Play a multiplayer game as Celts and Slavs.
  2. Save the game and restore it.
  3. The second player appears as Britons in the lobby.

(ATTACH A SCREENSHOT IF YOU ARE ABLE!)

2 Likes

Game Version:

• Build (101.101.35209.0.4667120)
  • Platform (Steam)

Issue:

When restoring a multiplayer game, the civs in the restore lobby are wrong, some are saying random. When the match is about to restore, in the loading screen, new wrong civs are shown, mainly britons appear. In the attached screenshot, my teammate’s civ appears britons but in fact was korean. My civ, Mongols, was correct. In the lobby also, he was showing as no team selected, but in fact he was in my team - Team 1.
When the match restarts, all teams and civs are fine.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Save a multiplayer match to be restored. (In our case, my teammate was disconnecting but the match was being auto-saved.
  2. Restore the game
  3. In the lobby and loading screen, some civs will not show correctly
  4. When match starts, teams are correct and civs too.

1 Like

It seens this is a legacy issue - i’ve had this problem with the HD edition. I doubt it will be fixed any time soon.

1 Like

I got that issue, too. It’s true the AoE2:HD restore had this issue, too, from what I recall… but, surely, it’s fixable?

I also got a massively long file transfer time (5+ minutes) to a friend who was re-joining the 2 vs. 2 AI game we were restoring. I guess I should start a new thread on that someday, if it’s not already reported.

1 Like

I’ve got the same problem (on AOE II DE). Trying to restore a game with 3 players. 1 is already destroyed so AI takes place. But the other civilization is not correct. It appears Britons instead. Tried sharing the save file with my brother but no luck the same appears. The one joying the lobby created appears with the Britons. (originally it was Aztecs vs Teutons). Sometimes the civilizations are correct but after setting the ready button it changes to britons and the the game fails to start.

1 Like

I’ve got the same issue. Wrong civilization shown, then when I click “Start” the game stucks on the loading screen (this one).
Please fix this. Thanks.

I’ve got the same issue. Wrong civilization shown, then when I click “Start” the game stucks on the loading screen (this one ).
Please fix this. Thanks.

EDIT: the game starts correctly (it just takes a lot of time to load all the objects). When the game starts the civilizations (and teams) are correct. The only (minor) bug is in the “lobby” window, but when the game starts it’s all OK.

1 Like

I have the same issue - showing Britons regardless of the real civ.
In addition, the team number are also displayed with “-” (unconfigured) instead of the real team number.
Build 40874.

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 41855
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

I regularly play AOE2 DE with some friends who have a sometimes unstable internet connection. When one of them drops out, AOE2 DE automatically makes a save to restore.
As soon as the file is opened using the restore function and the players are invited again, the civilizations they had are shown wrong (shown as britons).
This does not impact the actual civ.

We also noticed that the AI became completely idle after the restore.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Player-dropout to get an automatically created restore save
  2. Restore the game and invite original players
  3. Check civilizations in lobby and after starting the game the activity of AI

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

its a known bug, already in the tracked list. whoever dropped from the game when saves being made causing AI to bug out like this. if that person leaves, AI will back in action, which defeats the purpose of restore.

Bug still there, britons shown for all other player civs on restore.