You heard it here first - the new civ is Malta

With exactly 0 information I predict the new civ will be Malta. It’s the first civ you play as in the campaign, the hoop thrower is a thing, and that’s all I got. Let’s go Malta!

23 Likes

Rather just have Italians.

Everyone (including me) thinks Moroccans are a foregone conclusion but there’s always a chance for a curveball. I just wouldn’t be too enamored with a campaign civ.

10 Likes

The Knights of St.John are just modified Spanish for use in the campaign. Their only unique thing is that Hoop thrower. They are as likely to be included as any other civ you can think of as they would have to be created from basically nothing.

6 Likes

id argue they are less likely due to you know, not being that important or large nor particularly wanted.

6 Likes

Plus aoe3 hoop throwers are very fantasy.

Just imagine siege defenders with a metal stick throwing burning metal circles from a defensive position, not a gladiator unit with smalls hoops.

1 Like

And I would rather have Malta!

1 Like

Disagree but love the spirit!

2 Likes

I also wanted Malta to be added as the new civ!

1 Like

I really wish it’s Malta

1 Like

were never going to get malta, there i said it.

5 Likes

I’d rather have John Black’s mercenaries as a civ. They are my favorite part of the campaign.

1 Like

I’d love to see the Knights of Saint John as a minor civ on a Malta map. They were even in a minor civ in Empire Total War.

4 Likes

Can confirm, am a thing.

4 Likes

The insider confirms it!

1 Like

Malta would be a nice revolution but notting more than that.

Maybe a native settlement if there winds up being a European map?

1 Like

Nice hope but probably the next civ will be either Persians (Safavids) or the Moroccans.

4 Likes

Yeah or north africa, mediterenian see style map

2 Likes

How would they play? I haven’t played the campaign in a long time. Obviously they’re not as fleshed out as a non campaign civ. What speaks to you about them?

1 Like

Basically an even more archaic spain with hoop throwers.