Age IV gets free 2 civs, Age III gets massive patch. Where is our anniversary update?

Colega de verdad crees que le pagaron por mostrar eso? hay que calmarse un poco

2 Likes

Es solo un moderador, estas seguro de que le pagan? eliterifleman que es alguien que habla mucho en el foro de aoe 3 también lo tiene y no dice que le paguen

mmm la verdad no se amigo, yo prefiero ir al margen de las cosas, pero si asi fuera el caso mmm bueno me iria del foro ya que no se hace mucho aqui, y el foro de aoe 3 se puso aburrido, veo más entretención en reddit

we dont lock threads for being critical, i gotta be honest im not entirely sure why that thread was locked but i dont have the time to read through it atm, im guessing it has something to do with the way the argument was layed out rather than nessecarily the content within it.

i mean that is just not true, go look at andyP who is super critical of AOE2 and AOE4, basically viewing AOE4 as a step back from AOM/AOE3/AOEO. and he will sit and argue that point for a fair bit with people, is he defending the devs? idk you make that call.

sincerely a dev agent.

1 Like

Basically false advertising, just one minor balance change after indians dlc, rematch shortcuts that leads to unranked matches on a lobby…great isn’t it?

Actually only map voting was delivered, we are about to enter to winter and not a single hot fix, not a single balance patch, for birthday we got nothing but recycled events/mods, popular mods as in game settings is also false advertising.

And look below “Monthly bug fixes, new events…” yeah like the game crashing exploit that was reported 3 months ago or the recordings being broke ever since last hot fix for exclusive red bull event.

I don’t know, but promising 5 things and delivering just one and a micro balance patch in a year cause that roadmap was promised a year ago and delivered 6 months later just for this?

10 Likes

" Monthly "

Where in the world?

2 Likes

I’m not too sure about that. Every time the Age accounts posted something on their social media channels, you had people asking if and when AoE is coming to consoles.

I wish they could at least show a glimpse of what Return of Rome DLC is all about, not just showing a picture of 3 ancient figures and then leave us speculating on what its all about.

7 Likes

Yeah, to be honest, it really doesn’t feel like the devs understand how to market the game properly to the community. It takes people less than a week to start getting annoyed if there’s zero communication, and nothing to go on. Even just showing a bit of gameplay would go a long way to dealing with that.

13 Likes

You do realise what you’re asking for?

It’s hilarious you don’t realise the repercussions of this demand. The only thing these complaints will change, is even more vague roadmaps.

Devs aren’t going to suddenly deliver promises more accurately. Next time mat gets another vague roadmap, we can all come back and blame you.

And for those that aren’t aware . Steam dB has been updated. Potential pup incoming

Winter technically only starts 20 December.

So theoretically we could still get balance updates as promised in fall. I’m not holding much hope for it. But it is possible.

2 Likes

Good morning, I remind you that please avoid off-topic comments and focus on the discussion.

So when is the FALL update coming? Winter is coming. A very vague roadmap for the remaining months of this year, so far only the Dynasties of India expansion pack is the best thing that happened yet to AOE 2 DE besides the Redbull Wololo tournament.

Really what are the statistics of people who wants to play AOE 2 in consoles? It’s only a minority who will play in consoles. You guys are just hyping up for the console release $ but majority of the gamers play in PC whether in steam or xbox pass. I wonder if there will be a cross platform tournament between consoles and pc.

1 Like

Just think about it - with the console version featuring crossplay to the PC version as well as mouse & keyboard support, you lower the entry barrier for new players.

1 Like

I have nothing against the console version and I welcome all new players to the game but at least the devs imo should be more communicative and real time about the PC updates. The roadmap of AOE 2 DE for this year is really oblivious to active players. Catering to everyone will not benefit anyone.

1 Like

Reading isn’t hard.

Hopefully the PUP is coming soon, which falls in time for the roadmap. The bottom line of ‘monthly bug fixes’ etcetera is also generic sentence and haven’t we had those over time anyway?

See the word “coming soon” reeks copium. There must be a clear announcement from the devs not just random guessing. I only trust official announcements about the PUP not some datamining on steam dB.

Sure, they could improve communication, but… roadmaps are almost always vague. The only times they aren’t is when they’re absolutely sure they can release something at a promised date, but if they can’t - when they’re actively working on things and can promise a timeframe instead - it’s better to leave it vague than fail at promises. That would lead to similar problems, while also ending you with a rushed product.

3 Likes

the more precise the announcement, the more likely someone like YOU is going to complain when the exact dates arent meant.

it’s literally in their interest to keep it vague, so long as people like you exist

1 Like

I’m not complaining, I just want “better” announcements not vague roadmap. Your ad hominem doesn’t help in making the devs of AOE 2 DE communicate better. Thankfully someone like Infernal Galore is doing a fine job in communicating what transpired to AOE 3 DE during the 25th anniversary.

P.S. I will not tolerate ad hominem people like you there you go to my ignore list.

1 Like

People are too stressed for no reasons. I hate changes and want to keep things as long as I wish. Just play other thing if the communication delay hurts so much