These forums have been created to give the Age of Empires community a centralized outlet for discussing Age of Empires-related topics.
As the guidelines from the Terms of Service state, you are required to maintain appropriate forum etiquette for participation. Here are a few basic dos and don’ts:
- Treat all forum members with courtesy and respect.
- Make friends and welcome newcomers.
- Start discussions, but remember to do so in a respectful manner.
- Use subject lines that are descriptive of your post.
- Post only in the supported forum language (English). While we understand many people’s desire to speak in their native tongues, we cannot currently support all possible languages.
- Report posts that do not abide by one or more of the above guidelines via the ‘Report Post’ button.
- Feel free to ask questions and offer strategy tips.
- Answer questions if you know the answer or point users to resources.
- HAVE FUN!
- Flame or attack fellow forum members. Discussion and heated debated are fine; name calling, personal attacks, and trolling (to name just a few) are not.
- Post offensive or derogatory comments, including those of a racial, religious, or sexual nature. This includes your username, signature line, and title.
- Discuss controversial topics, such as religion or politics in a way that is not directly related to the Age of Empires games and their historical context.
- Bypass the profanity filter.
- Discuss or post links to inappropriate content (pornography, nudity, animal cruelty, racism, or sexism and images of extreme violence). This includes all forms of media such as websites, pictures, videos, magazine scans, and leaked content, real or fake.
- Post links to pages advertising paid services.
- Post links to malicious websites.
- Post content that could be considered bumping, advertising, spam, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation.
- Change thread titles. Doing so can lead to a ban.
- Try to obtain or post someone else’s personal contact information. Examples are home phone numbers, home addresses, and any unpublished email addresses.
- Promote cheating, griefing, or exploits.
- Discuss moderator actions in the forums. Should you have a specific concern, please contact us directly at AoESupport@microsoft.com.
- Create a petition. Petitions are not allowed and will be instantly deleted.
- Create posts to specific members of the staff. The moderators and developers read all the posts and reply accordingly.
- Discuss illegally modifying, hacking, or pirating content.
- Discuss things unrelated to Age of Empires outside of the Off-Topic forum.
- impersonate others with your posts, profile, or username. This includes but is not limited to administrators, developers, or staff.
- Engage users who are trolling.
- Call out other players in threads. If you have an issue, take it to PMs or contact us directly at AoESupport@microsoft.com.
- Create new accounts (alt accounts) to avoid the consequences of a ban, aka ‘ban dodging’.
- Call out cash prizes for community-organized tournaments in the forums.
- Your actions on the forums can affect your in-game account. If you break any of the rules here on the forums, your in-game account can be actioned, and vice versa. Follow the Rules!
Site Staff and Moderators reserve the right to edit any post or site content and to remove your ability to modify them in the future.
Please note that attacking moderators will result in a warning point.
Moderators have to follow rules, too. If you have a problem with a moderator or feel you are being treated unfairly, please contact us at AoE Support.
We’ve implemented a warning point system with our new forums. The model is as follows:
1 Warning Point: No action
2 Warning Points: Three Day Posting Ban
3 Warning Points: Seven Day Posting Ban
4 Warning Points: Thirty Day Posting Ban
5 Warning Points: Permanent Forum Ban
The team reserves the right to deviate from this model, depending on the severity of the offense.